Womens Running

Fitness Friday - Supermoms (Read 25 times)

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

Arm - after my headache hell from last week, chug some Gatorade.

Becky - I just can't imagine having to eat bacon-less Caesar salad.

Spike - oh my gawd, how awesome it would be to have a spouse who could say, "let's skip all the bullshit and get this CPR class over with asap."

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

superspike113

Honorary Old

zorbs- DH takes that stuff really serious and would be a hardass and make me do the whole thing.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

running eh

cx2 - have fun at the Tigers game!  Are you taking C?  I hate when I don't get all the conditioner out!!

mzm - my vacuum cleaner broke and I vacuumed w. the shop vac for quite a while.  It would scratch the floor though, so I rarely did it.  Hope you can figure something out.  MMM, ribs are so delish!

dexy - hmm, maybe it is the GU.  Maybe try another brand?!?

ernie - Enjoy the Friday night routine, sounds relaxing!  Great job by S - she was making so many peoples day, I bet!

becky - hope everything falls into place for the trial!  What stuff do you use for nutrition/hydration?  I have a few different things - I am wondering if I could just be fine w. an electrolyte drink and maybe some candy though....

arm - I am sorry it's not working out w. your mom, so frustrating!  Way to get that run done despite the headache, hope you feel better soon!

spike - I went back the local fair recently - it was kind of neat to walk around and show the kids.  Those rides really scare me, though!

runnergirl9508

back for personals~

RR2: ran 6.4 miles, with 4.4 of those at MP or slightly faster. Felt fantastic (that's for you, mrszm Wink

reh: nice run and core workout this morning Wink  LOL on the foam roller, I hope the kiddos are all ok from their slips and trips. R loves to get my yoga mat out and unroll it, then run back and forth across it. I have R in the ergo every once in a while, if we hike for a long time and apparently on the occasional evening dog walk. he never really liked it when he was younger- i'd put him in it and then try to do something like prep dinner, but he hated the fact that we were standing relatively still. uh, little man, that's the point of me putting you in the carrier- so I can have both hands free to do stuff like make dinner!

Cx2- enjoy your RD today. Are you running longer tomorrow to prep for your half? boo for the rough start to the morning! I hope that it gets way better for you! enjoy the game later, who are they playing? I've never been to an MLB game, DH and I used to go see the Yankees minor team play all the time when I was in grad school. Haha on C- R's favorite meats are pork, ham, bacon too! he won't touch chicken. wow- i'd need way more than ice cream at the finish, esp since i'm lactose intolerant!

mrszm- nice run today! awww, school pics already- wow that's a long line, glad you guys didn't have to wait! have fun with the dance stuff, I bet the girls will love it. R's current obsession is the Biscuit books. thank gawd one of DH's aunts is buying him 5 new ones for his bday, i'm getting tired of reading the same 4 each night at bed time! boo on the broken vaccum! and never fear, I have horrible runs sometimes too!

dexy: ugh on the bathroom issues. how long before your run are you eating a Gu? and is it one of the 2x's caffeine flavors? I found that the espresso love (2x's caffeine) goes right thru me, unfortunately. if I do a gel before I run in the mornings, it's usually about 30 minutes before I head out, and with plenty of water!

ernie: enjoy your stroller run + ST today. lol on the dancing in the store. R will wiggle in the cart when we're out shopping and he hears the music. oooh, I like your Friday night routine- I'm catching up on New Girl now on Netflix, and (im)patiently awaiting the next season of Grey's Anatomy.

Becky: boo on the cricket, those things can be soooo annoying! probably a smart idea to not run this morning. enjoy the sale at the store later. aww, cute on C chatting with you on the phone, sounds like he's having a great time. nice work on the house!!! I wish I could send DH and R away to get the whole house cleaned...maybe this fall. ugh, people procrastinating til the last minute drives me nuts!

arm: glad that the run went well, inspite of everything. I agree with zorbs- chug a Gatorade. it's an almost instant headache cure. weird. must be nice to have all the kids home! wow, that really blows about your mom backing out on you, esp last minute. Is there any way you can talk to your dad about it?

spike: ha on R waking you up. great job getting the run in! sounds like R had a great time with your friend last night. i'd take your watermelons, though they probably wouldn't be so tasty by the time they got here! lol on the fair, I haven't been to one in ages, but I think it's really sweet that you and your DH went Smile  heheh on the yeehaw ride.

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

Erniegirl

zorbs - Some of those fitness seminars sound interesting, but too bad you don't get to try out actual fitness classes. Pretty smart for B to put wheels on the basket, even though it didn't quite work out. I like the wine carb loading idea, but it's looking like I'll now have to work after I put S to bed (BOO!). I just got an email that the server where I enter my work will be down all weekend, which means I'm going to have to finish everything up before midnight tonight.

rg - Too bad you can't to the half! Is it hard carrying R around in the ergo? I have one of those hiking backpacks and S gets REALLY heavy after a couple of kilometres. She loves it, though, and when I put her up on my back like that, she starts shouting "giraffe!" Lol. Is DH going to be changing to a different shift?

Eh - S crawls all over me all the time during core workouts. She thinks they are play time! Omg on the foam roller mishaps. Who would have thought? Are you leaving for camping tonight?

cx2 - Boo, not a good start to your day! Hope the Tigers game is fun - are you bringing C or do you have a sitter?

Mrszm - They take the school pictures before school starts? S's favourite book (Why I Love My Mommy - awww) is starting to get into shambles, too.

Dexy - Hope you can resolve the GI issues! Maybe a different type of GU or more water?

Becky - That cricket would be pure torture! Glad you got to talk to C. I take Caesar salads don't come with bacon there? Bacon is so necessary! My dinner is kind of bacon overload between the BLTs and the salad, but it's going to be yummy Smile

Arm - Great job on the run considering you weren't feeling well! Sorry about your mom bailing on you. That is so frustrating.

Spike - At least those early wakeups come in handy now and then! S would not approve of you deleting the Billy Idol song from your playlist. After I told DH the dollar store story, he asked S "Do you like Billy Idol?" and she enthusiastically shouted "YEAH!"

Bermy - From yesterday - you are on to Bermy5 now? What happened to Bermy4?

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

RG/Ernie:  I've been eating  them and heading out the door, pretty much at the same time.  Funny you should mention Espresso Love Gu - that was yesterday's problem I think.  Today was Lemon Sublime (which didn't totally suck). Going to try and drink more water on a more regular basis.  I don't think I could get up much earlier just to let my stomach settle. 4:45am is early enough!