Womens Running

Welcoming Weekends! (DAILIES) (Read 21 times)

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Rest day for me! I ended the week at 41 and I wanted to end in the week in the 40's so that works. Slowly building back up to 50. I have some speed work starting this week and I may add another.

Yesterday's Bizarre Bizarre was..interesting. The only thing I bought was a dog stocking full of treats. LOL. I could have bought a lot in there but there were SO. MANY. PEOPLE. It was hard for me to enjoy it. Didn't do much that night - cooked in and binged watched the rest of Grey's Anatomy with HCBF.

Costco run today..not sure what else is on the books. We will see!

Docket - Awe, glad Bugsy is starting to feel better.

Cathy - Outside 5K!! YEAH! Woohoo! Hope you had fun at girls day yesterday. You actually go to stores during Christmas?! NO. hahaha. Interesting about Sweetest Day. HCBF doesn’t remember it either Smile I was an awful teenager..AWFUL. It would probably end up that if I had a kid it would be exactly like me. Hope your DH had fun! I remember a few years ago a friend and I went to a local bar and all of the sudden 50+ Santas came walking through the door - we were so confused and thought we had too many shots. That is when I learned about Santacon! LOL.

Laura - Nice miles yesterday!! Hope you were able to get a nap in after the game! HCBF watches the Punisher. My friend was telling me about “Shot in the dark” or something like that. About news photographers capturing stories and selling them to news outlets. She said it was really good I will have to check it out. I always watch HGTV and drool over homes I could never afford Smile

Karen - Nice 9 yesterday! Glad they enjoyed the new route Smile I am laughing that you are so excited about the steam cleaner. LOL. I seriously need to get that for HCBF. OMG those temps sound AWESOME for your race!! Seriously! Is that the coldest it has ever been for the race?! Hope you found some good finds that the farmers market! Oh, I love HCBF and I too Smile hehe.

Kathryn - Like Karen said, I am going to ask you all my hard difficult questions Smile Congrats on the race yesterday! I liked the medal!! I say go for the 30K trail race Smile We almost missed Ruger’s meds yesterday! I am not really sure what they are for..lol! He gets them once a month.

Margaret - So glad to hear that you are running! You and Cathy were such model patients! Smile And thanks for the compliments on HCBF and I. Freaking relationshipping. Who knew it was this hard?!

Run4kupcakes - WTF with the bank! Ugh. My checks have my middle name on them and I never sign my middle name! Glad you sent an email!

Diane - Geez, I would love those temps. LOL. I know you hate the cold, think about the opposite though - its better to have those temps than to have extremely warm! Woohoo for birthday gifts and birthday dinner tonight! Where are you going?! I hear that a lot about marriage which is why I think its good to talk about it. I almost regretted saying anything at all since all in all - I was the one confused - but its good he knows whats going through my mind. I think during all those kind of talks you always learn more about yourself in the process. Learning about yourself seems like an ongoing process. LOL. Good luck at the grocery! We have to do the Costco thing today.

Happy Sunday-I-don't-want-it-to-be-Monday-tomorrow!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

I'm back!  Last week's training class was a tough week.  My part of the training went well, but boss was still on my case about those stupid power point slides (in the end we did not use bc they became redundant and the class was running too long....go figure). Got home yesterday afternoon, got a Christmas tree and went to Lowe's.  The roofers put on the metal roof while I was gone--looks great!! We bought a ceiling fan for the new covered patio Smile

I did not run or do anything all last week.  Went in early, came back late, reviewed presentations, crashed. Repeat. I tried the treadmill at the hotel--it was awful.

Did 6.1 this morning..  Nice to get back out there.

Damaris--glad Bugsy is doing better.

Gave the pups a bath this morning.  Now for the colossal house cleaning and decorating! The quilty ladies are coming over on Tuesday for a party, DS2 & GF are coming Thursday? Karen is coming on Friday for the MS Gulf Coast Marathon (I'm doing the half that I am so not prepared for!). It's all good.

Docket_Rocket

HalfCrazy, ever since then, I hate credit unions. They can't (or won't) give you the same service as asshole big banks.

Diane, the wind sounds yucky, but those temps should be fine.  I assume it will be in the 30s because of the sun.  Or is it going to be cloudy?  In which case it will be freezing.

Lizzie, enjoy the rest day.

Susan, nice 6.1.  Ugh at the boss.

Kat, Bugsy is doing better but I don't see him grooming much (except the face).  Is that normal with stray cats or maybe it's because he is still sick.  He is pretty quiet and sleeps but once he is hungry he follows you around all day. LOL.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Seloc

Sunday SUNDAY!!  Soak it up, people haha.  I sure am!  Especially the weather.  50* and sunny yesterday, 50* today, 57* and thunderstorms tomorrow and then the bottom falls out.  Morning temps have been in the high 20s / low 30s.  AMAZING running weather.  5mi yesterday and 10mi today.  First double digit run in about a month.  Felt awesome!  Could have gone further but seeing as I had only run 12mi total last week and the week before I thought best not to push it haha.  Christmas Market was only okay.  Like Lizzie, TOO MANY PEOPLE.  Beauty and the Beast this afternoon.

Laura - you are always so productive on your Fridays!  Bet it feels good to get a jump on the weekend.  Nice 7mi yesterday!  When is that half?  Are you ramping up for it already?  Hope DS did well in his game and you were also able to squeeze in a nap.

HCK - LOL on the mattress inspector!  I hate the bank.

Tessa - yep, some RIFs.  More to come in 2018 no doubt since there was just a larger merger (well, actually acquisition, I think) - duplicate products, obviously redundant roles.  We shall see.  I've been through so many of these I don't worry too much about it since there is nothing you can do.  OMG on the guy getting laid off from the same company twice!  Yeah, I wouldn't come back either.  Nice work on the driveway!  Man, you guys sure are talented DIYers.

Lizzie - nice run yesterday!  SO SO happy you and HCBF had the hard talk and are doing well.  So super proud of you!  Adulting and relationshipping IS hard.  And you are rockin it.  Sounds like we had a similar experience at the market/bazaar.  I went later than I wanted because I was waiting for my sister and BIL who wanted to go.  We basically just went and got a cup of mulled wine, sat and drank that and pushed our way through the crowds to leave.  My sister did buy a pair of mittens for herself but I couldn't even get close enough to things to look.  Maybe I'll try to go back next weekend right when they open but probably not.  The mulled wine was soooo good, though, I need to look up a recipe and try to make some!

Cathy - WOOHOO for outdoor 5K!!  Overdressed, eh?  Well, it has been awhile since you've been out in the cold!  DHs bike ride sounds hilarious.  Has he done that before?  Hope you and the girls had a fun day!

Karen - nice 9 with your group and fun to find a new route!  Weather for your marathon looks AWESOME!!  Laughing at your love for the steam cleaner but I can totally relate!  Maybe similar to when I got my vacuum fixed haha.  Anything good left at the farmer's market?  I swung through one yesterday, too, but only bought a bag of apples.

Kat - congrats on your race!!  Christmas Party sounds fun, too.  Kinda jealous of your 75* evening haha  You deserve it after enduring the awful heat in Aug/Sept.

Gatsby - love to see you running again!!  Bet it feels awesome.

Damaris - hooray for outdoor miles!  Glad Bugsy is eating and taking his meds with no issue.  Poor guy!

Diane - those temps for your race sounds pretty awesome to me!  Can you use it as an incentive to speed up to stay warm?  Have a great birthday dinner!!

Sue - welcome back!  Sounds like a crazy busy week.  Glad it went well but your boss lady still sounds like a tool haha.  Nice 6 this morning!  Good luck with the cleaning and decorating - that sounds exhausting to me LOL

Waves to everyone else.  Off to push the vacuum around a bit then relax before my show.  Enjoy the rest of your weekend everyone!!

dhuffman63

Trails

Damaris I'm fairly certain it's in the 30's cause it's going to be sunny.

Lizzie, Ruger is probably getting heart work pills, they are a once a month thing.  Have to remember men don't read minds...lol.  That has certainly been the cause for some tearful nights cause I "expected" him to know I was unhappy...wow.  It's still not easy but I try and make an effort to speak up before it reaches the unhappy stage.

Lol Sandy, there's a 12 hour cut off for the 50k and I'm going to shoot for maybe 9 hours.  My biggest problem with the cold is I have no insulation... and the cold really makes it hard to breathe.  I really want the 50k "medal"...its a speed limit sign, official size that says 50k Finisher and comes with the hard ware and 4' pole to mount it.

We are going to the Japanese hibatchi griill place, my favorite.  We go about once a year or so.  On the 15th we are going to see A Christmas Carol in Tulsa then out to dinner and a hotel for the night...date night xtra...lol.  DD owes me some dog sitting since I watched GD while they went on the Dolphin Cruise.

Docket_Rocket

3 miles at Orange Theory, mostly endurance based, with some speed in them.

Sandy, nice miles!

Diane, I love running in the 30s.  In a skirt and tank with arm warmers. Smile

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Hmmm, I was reading dental issues in cats could lead to lack of grooming because it hurts.  He still has lesions in his mouth from the stomatitis so that could be it.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

HCK, banks suck.

Diane, I would freeze my booty off too!

Damaris, not grooming is a general sign of not feeling well.  Could be his mouth, or pancreatitis, or something else.  Some cats though in general suck at grooming - my cat is one of those.

Sandy, what show are you going to watch?

Lizzie, I would be annoyed at the bazaar.  Too busy, I get anxiety at those things, then I get bitchy.  I was at Costco yesterday and it was mobbed.  I would say in my most polite voice 'excuse me," but my inside voice was screaming profanities and about a second away from running the oblivious idiots over.  Glad I was nice to everyone, as one of the families I wanted to ram were actually clients.

I am apparently a grouchy bitch today...  sore, tired, and hungry.

Definitely going to do the 30K, might even get company.  Who knows.  It is the woman from the trail running group I haven't met yet.  She is one of the ladies doing Antelope.  If she goes we will even carpool.

Off to lunch, possibly I am hungry as well.

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

LC Runs

Hey my Peeps!!  Happy Sunday!

6.5 miles for me...I was planning on 5 then changed the route and didn't realize it would take me over that much.  My legs were tired from yesterday so that last mile was tough.  I was actually sore yesterday, that hasn't happened in a while!  I made a bit of a dent yesterday with shopping, I got 3 photo books done and ordered, yesterday Walgreens had 75% off of photo books but it ended at midnight so I was working on it most of yesterday evening, in between shuttling kids.  DS lost his basketball game, he is bummed since they've lost all of their games so far.  Short season, he is done the  end of this month (well, before the holiday school break).  He's in 8th grade and has only been playing since last year.  Took DD driving today, she is doing really well, much improvement over the past few months.  We have to work on the parking skills test, they have to complete it in a certain way and usually have cones set up at the high school but they weren't there today.  She doesn't take the driving test until the spring so we have time!

Lizzie - I didn't get a nap yesterday but BF says I should take one today so I don't fall asleep at 8 pm on the couch LOL!  Nice running week for you, I was happy I had 31 miles, I've been around 25 the past few weeks .  Hmmm, I will have to check out Shot in the Dark, sounds  interesting!

Susan - how exciting that Karen will be visiting this weekend!  Cool about the metal roof, I really like the look of those.  Your boss sounds awful, I am worried we may get a terrible supervisor.  My co worker applied and would be good but I'm not sure if they're interviewing anyone else.

Hi Damaris!  Nice run and OTF!

Sandy - This weather is the bomb, I know it's going to end soon but I love it.  I'm sure it helped with my mojo this weekend.  The half is not until Memorial Weekend so the longer runs probably won't happen until March.  I have a few 10ks to run this winter.  You had some awesome runs this weekend, too!!

Diane - enjoy the dinner out, sounds delish!!

Kat - you're allowed to be a grouchy bitch, we still love you!!  I hear you on the shopping woes, I thought going to Walmart at noon on the 1st of the month, during Xmas season, was a good idea the other day.  Every lane was 5-6 people deep, fun times!

Anonymous Guest

Little procrastinating for me in between my Sunday coaching emails. I ran 11 this morning. I had planned 12-13, but the rain, which was supposed to start around 2 pm, started shortly after 11. I didn't start until almost 10, so got very wet out there. I kept thinking it would stop and it just kept raining harder. I finally gave in......and then it stopped raining on the 5 minute drive home in my car! Of course it did.

I am getting excited to go hang out with crazysue for the weekend. Oh, and run a marathon. I'm trying not to put too much pressure on myself since I have no idea how this training is going to play out for a marathon. I really focused on the half - lots of 13-15 mile runs, but only one longer, and that was only 17. But lots of miles. So I'd like to run between 3:40 and 3:45, but am afraid I'll fall apart at the end. Weather continues to look fantastic.

Kat, congrats on the race!

Susan, I'm good with leftover cleaning from the quilty ladies! Seriously, don't go to any effort for me, I'm used to a messy house covered in dog fur.

Sandy and Liz, those holiday bazaar things always sound so promising, but when they get crowded like that, ugh. No fun at all.

Diane, date night + sounds fun! I think if you layer up for your race you'll be okay.

Okay, that's it for now. The rain is supposed to start back up and I just remembered we have mail in the mailbox, so I should walk down and get it while it's dry out. And do some chores. And finish these emails........

karen

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Kilmisters

I've been away from forums for couple of days, mainly because, well...it's been fun as always and even more than usual. Insanely huge project was dropped on my head at 4:30pm on Friday. Huge both in terms of importance (comes from CEO and has to do w Competition Council, so yeah) and how much has to be done. In last two days I've prepared action plan, data background, maps (yeah, it involves goddamn maps), template and thought things through many times... So that when I call the legal company we're working with tomorrow early morning, I'd already have list of questions. That's the reason I didn't call those guys on Friday eve - had to re-read the brief, try to ''simulate'' tackling one of the (there are about 14) points and see what issues/questions come up, prepare reasoning for points that, to my mind, don't make too much sense etc. The deadline is..... Wednesday morning.

10k both on Friday and Saturday, 18k today. To clear the mind, get away from Excels and bring K in fresh air. Today's run was particularly fun as all the work pressure got to me + got invited to neighbor's bday party = 3 dark beers and got out for a run only at 9pm... Don't remember last time 10+m run felt so effortless, so at least that's good news. Maybe it was the beer Big grin I actually got bored around mile 10, called my aunt (hadn't done it for a while) and had a chat. ''What's that weird sound? Are you outdoors?'' ''Yeah'' ''Why?'' ''I'm running'' ''Away from what?'' ''Just running'' ''It's 10pm'' ''Yes?'' ''.......Nevermind, what is it?''

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

''Who needs quads anyway!?'' (c) Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Kat, good luck with the 30K!  Yeah, I think it might be the stomatitis since he is still in some pain whenever he does or chews something too quickly.  And with FIV, his recovery might take longer.  Poor boy.

Laura, nice job on the run and extra miles.

Karen, nice 11.  And I can't wait to see what you will do on the race after the HM and race results you've had in the last months.

Don't tell Karen, but I am thinking of skipping the rest of my miles. My dad is here and not sure what time he will leave.  Except that is an excuse because I have run on the TM while he is here; just not feeling it.  One more semi rest day to get me mentally ready, I would say.  I am sure she will say good, and go ahead. Wink

Elina, grrr.  Nice runs, though.  Hoping the project gets quieter.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Anonymous Guest

Don't tell Karen, but I am thinking of skipping the rest of my miles. My dad is here and not sure what time he will leave.  Except that is an excuse because I have run on the TM while he is here; just not feeling it.  One more semi rest day to get me mentally ready, I would say.  I am sure she will say good, and go ahead. Wink

This is your rest/recovery week. Take the rest of the day off!

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Docket_Rocket

This is your rest/recovery week. Take the rest of the day off!

See?  She completes me. Big grin

Damaris

Fundraising Page

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

6 something yesterday 5.1 today.

Just hard to get on. I’ve read some. Not a lot. My weekends are so slam packed. Sunday by the time I run, go sing in choir and make goodies for dh to take in I’m pooped. Last week was travel in Naples. I’ve been there a ton this year!  But it went well. We were supposed to have a team meeting in Nashville in a few weeks. I’m excited because it got cancelled. December is already busy enough to take 4 days to go to a meeting.

Quincy is hanging on still. No changes. Sounds like he has emphysema most the time but he is happy.

Marjorie