Womens Running

Take the HEAT away TUESDAYS (DAILIES) (Read 17 times)

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Docket – OMG on the sinkhole!!! LOL at the humid picture – hey, that’s my hair!

Susan – Nice miles this morning. Send some rain over here! Enjoy your half day!!

Kathryn – I second what Judy said, we don’t card people here silly! We love hearing from you – at least I do. I entered to win a free wedding! More to help my parents haha. Your hair sounds so pretty! I hope you have a great time with your mom – even if she yells at you at first. I would think she would be over it by now?  Smile Oh, and its hard to get motivated when its this freakin hot outside!

Sandy – OOO love that workout you did this morning! Something different. I was going to post something on that Instagram about that beach looking familiar!! Did you get some cheese curds?  Smile I am laughing about you zooming in and looking for us  Smile  That Chris dude was really hot..but he was a jerk. It all seems so staged to me!! We weren’t really paying attention haha. They had all sorts of samples and stuff around – cake samples..cotton candy..even..POPCORN. You know HCF went back for 4x bags!!! Awe, I will be thinking about your friend!! I don’t know my limit yet on the heat haha. I have to be CONSCIOUS of it though and not kill myself out there. I remember one time I did a 20 miler in 73 dewpoint. Took me forever but I did it. Maybe as I get older I will have less tolerance. LOL. I stay dehydrated. LOL.

Cathy – Nice fartlek this morning  Smile UNDER 60 DEGREES?! Not fair. Maybe I need to get some Nuun and try it! I do hate you for having the next two days off. Are you doing anything fun!?

Ginny – Awe, if you don’t feel like racing, then don’t! It is supposed to be fun Smile

Karen – Nice soupy miles! YAY on the treadmill purchase!! I am still so surprised that you never had one! That would have been my first purchase after moving to TX. Haha. Awesome birthday present! I hope your race doesn’t get cancelled tomorrow – rainy runs during the soupy weather are awesome. Bummer on the picnic though!! I know you were super pumped to extrovert Wink

Judy – Its been awful outside!

Body Pump soon! Looking forward to relaxing at home tonight.

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Docket_Rocket

Yeah, that's you.  This is me...

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Half Crazy K 2.0

Strength training today. Did go outside for a bit to plant some blueberries, it actually felt ok because it is storming to the east & north.

KatS, hope your visit with your mom goes well.

Docket, no Starbucks? Coffee is a necessity.

Seloc, the only way I run in this crap is very, very slowly and set the run/walk interval feature on my watch.

Anonymous Guest

D, yours is a Sole isn't it? It seems like more runners like and recommend them than any other. I remember a couple years ago, a fb friend did a big comparison of the different brands and models and ended up with a Sole. She may have gotten the bigger motor, can't remember for sure.

Liz, I had a TM in Maryland, but it was awful. Really loud and rattled a lot, the deck was not very good - it would hurt to run a lot of miles on it, the display was crapping out, and it was really freaking heavy. We wanted the movers to just get it out of the basement and leave it on the curb, but if they moved it they had to move it all the way, so I had them just put it in the garage down here and gave it away to someone that was only going to walk on it (it got louder the faster you went). I couldn't watch tv or listen to music with it on it was so loud. So I thought I'd see if I could do summer here without it. And I can, but I think I can do summer better with it. Running on the nice TMs at OTF made me realize that if I want to do hard workouts between May and October, I needed one.

HCK, those hot humid nights are pretty miserable. I hear you on the storms cooling things down though, I'm hoping lightning stays away for my race in the morning because I really would like to run in the rain!

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Docket_Rocket

Mine is the F85, so almost the same one as you.  The Soles are awesome.  Mine has the bigger motor but not sure if it's the biggest motor there was.

When you first get it set, do the auto calibration first before running on it.  Mine was so off I can't believe I spent a few months at the beginning running at 13mm when it was 11mm.  LOL.  They are workhorses.  We have changed several parts in the last 4 years but it's been 4 years and all parts are still in warranty and they send to you without issue. It is really awesome for the amount of abuse we put it through.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Arimathea

Tessa

2 runs today! 4 this morning, 3 this evening. Plus a 2 mile walk with RN and pupster.

Heading to bed, no time for personals, sorry. Still need to feed all beasties.