Womens Running

Newbie here! (Read 72 times)

Tshel106

I am new here and just wanted to say hello and introduce myself. My name is Tiffany and I am 24 years old. I live in Pensacola fl with my fiancé and dog. I guess I'll start by sharing my running story! I ran cross country in high School. I wish I could say I loved the sport but what I really loved was the team. That is probably why I am reaching out to everyone here! Smile. During college I rowed crew and ran only when I was procrastinating. Two Februarys ago I had a series of seizures and was diagnosed with epilepsy. My neurologist said I would be on medication but would lead a normal life. Then she added that I should not do anything that would be really strenuous on my body, like run a marathon. Well, that was the day I signed up for the marine corps marathon. My mother always said I was a stubborn brat when I was little and I guess I never really learned. i finished the marathon in 5:01. That is not a time I am super proud of...but I showed that doctor! Now I am signed up for the Nike women's half in Washington DC and looking for a place to vent/brag and to support other women. I can't wait to get started with you all and make some good friends!

Happy Saturday!

Tiffany

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Welcome Tiffany!  Jump on in.  We have some great runners here and a supportive group.

Marjorie

mommymac

Wow Tiffany; wish I could take my doctor's news at times as a challenge instead of a reason to go home and put my feet up!

What kind of dog do you have, and when are you getting married? Is the Nike half this spring? Any race in DC sounds like a meaningful experience. I hope to get there some day; the Marine Corps Marathon always tempts me but it sounds like it has gotten very difficult to get in to.

Stay safe on your runs and welcome!

Carolyn