Womens Running

WOOHOO FOR WEDNESDAY DIVAS! (Read 14 times)

SassySparky

We made it to hump day!

I'll be running my first full, the Richmond Marathon on November 16, 2013!

SassySparky

RR: Rest from running; I was going to lift this morning but my alarm didn't go off so I'll do it tonight. [Big D turned my alarm off yesterday and didn't reset it automatically and I never checked it!]

NRR: Busy day at work so I'm trying to get in early and get a lot done so that I can leave early. Our day care teacher has to close for the afternoon. Big D is taking the first shift and I'm taking the second. Speaking of G - he turns 18 months old today. I can't believe it!  Gotta jet ladies! I'll try to get back on for personals in a bit!

MA runner girl

Morning!

RR:running with the girls tonight Smile

nrr: I took the rest of the week off work. I needed a break from the stress of staying up late and getting in the hours. last night we tried the CIO (cry it out) method for the first time with c. It was getting ridiculous how many times a night we were going in to sooth him back to sleep. And then I would end up feeding him too many times to calm him down out of frustration. So he cried for 20 min and didn't make another peep until 4am! I fed him and he went back to sleep until 6:30. sooo much better than every 2 hours!!

sassy - good luck getting everything done so you can go home early! Wow, I can't believe g is 18 months eitheIt that means c is almost 6 months Smile

PRs: 5k - 21:22, half marathon - 1:39:43, marathon - 3:37:16

lizo_77

yup. still thinking of the geico commercial whenever wednesday rolls around!

RR: nope. haha. turned over, said I was tired, M said go back to sleep, so I did. lol. sheesh. so tonight a run...

NRR: work, work. have a tour at a local library that I was involved in tonight at 8ish till about 9ish. otherwise, looking forward to the weekend and cleaning. meh. but the house needs dusting badly. And vaccuuming... and then the yard needs hedge trimming for the other half of the house I never got to. So I suspect it will be a busy weekend of housework.

sassy: boo about not waking up this morning! hope you're able to fit the run in tonight.

MA: sorry you had to use the CIO method! but I hear it works! It's just hard on the parents!

will try and be back later!

gsdrunner

Sassy: Sorry about the alarm snafu. Enjoy your afternoon shift Smile

MA: Hope the stress level drops with the break from work. Enjoy your run with the girls.

Liz:  I will be joining you with the housework. At least football can make it more entertaining LOL

RR: Ran 5 this morning with 15 lbs. Getting back into routine with weight carrying since a few hikes are planned. I was going to do bodybump and cycle at the gym, too. But I will just cycle this morning and walk with M around the neighborhood.  I think making cardio days and lifting days will be good and not combine together on the same day.

NRR:  Solo again until the weekend, probably plan trips to the gym, zoo and library.  M has not been napping a few days a week. Its odd I put her in her crib and she hangs out for an hour. Its nice I get a break but she needs her sleep. Maybe she is getting some molars in, who knows. Its a new adventure every day! LOL

Have a great day!

POrun

Happy Hump day!!!!

RR: Swam 1200yds (taper week) this morning. Running 5-6 easy tonight.

NRR: Thank you all for the well wishes to my father. I'll let you know when we hear news. I'm a bit stressed with work and the extra responsibilities I've chosen to take on. I'm just hoping this is going to be worth it in the end... I'm just ready for the weekend! I think the tri will be fun on Sunday!

Sassy: I hope you get to leave early today!

MA: Enjoy the rest of the week off from work!

Lizo: Yuck on all the housework! DH and I finally gave into hiring a cleaning lady to come once every other week to do the deep cleaning so we don't have to spend entire weekends on that. We also have a local man who doesn't have a job so offers to do outside work at everyone's house, and totally gave in and paid him to trim all of our hedges and palm trees since I've been saying I need to do it for the past month + and haven't had a chance to do it yet. I don't feel too bad about it since he has 4 kids to support and needs the work... I never thought I'd be someone who pays people to do work for them though!

gsdrunner

I totally forgot to ask you all..... I posted an album in FB AMC Family contest. I had 9 or 10 pics, but I dropped it down to 5. Can you all when you have time and if you would like. Let me know which one you like. We can submit a total of 3 by the 30th. Thanks in advance!

SassySparky

MA - I think you guys and C will get through this CIO in a few days as long as you're consistent! Good luck! Enjoy your run tonight

GSD - I think G is already getting his 2 year molars ... ! I'll be solo next week with G (well with work too) so I am already racking my brain trying to come up with activities for each evening. I might try to meet up with my new RP and her son at the park one evening!

Lizo - I have realized recently how much I hate housework. Growing up my family did all of the house and lawn care ourselves and I thought I'd want to do it as an adult too. But then when G was born we got a cleaning service and it was amazing. We had to cancel it when our rent went up and so we've been doing it again and I can't wait until someone else can clean my bathrooms for me again! We spent about 3 hours last Friday night cleaning house and it's already a mess again!

PO - keep us posted on your father. See what I wrote to Lizo above, I never imagined I'd be the type of person who pays people to do work but it's so worth it!

LucyBelle

OK, I'm going to attempt to jump back in here!

RR: LOL. I haven't formally worked out in 2 weeks. Saturday I did a 2 mile hike, and yesterday I did 20 squats, 25 push-ups, and 25 crunches. Does that count? Hoping to get back to running tomorrow...

NRR: I feel like I've been out of the loop forever! Well, I got married 10 days ago, that was pretty awesome. Life's been a whirlwind since then, jumping right back into school for CRH (!!!!) and work for me, plus first CRH caught a nasty cold and I caught it this past weekend. Fun times! I'm also referring to myself as a "grad school widow" because I never see CRH anymore! He's either in class, lab, meetings, or he's holed up in our spare room/office studying and grading papers. Hoping life slows down a little soon so we can form some semblance of a routine...

POrun: I was so sorry to read about your father's health scare. I'll keep him in my thoughts and hope it all turns out clear!

PO/Sassy: I wish so hard we could afford to pay someone to clean. Our place is a disaster right now.

Grrrrr typing in the ipad SUCKS.

NorCal

Hi ladies! happy Hump day!

RR. Had a fantastic track workout last night with a friend. Did 1 mile warm up, 8x400, 2x800, 1 mile cool down. I hit my goal pace on each interval except for the first 400, which is always a little slow for me. I think I should probably re-evaluate my goal pace for these since I beat them all by a lot last night. Not sure if I'm running today. Normally it would be a rest day, but my schedule is all messed up this week since we're going hiking in Tahoe this weekend so I'm having to re-arrange everything. So it might be an easy run or rest! Plus I need to do some yoga/weights.

NRR. Getting the keys to my new office today! I'm excited! Smile Also got a new client scheduled for Friday. A referral from a current client, it's her 3rd referral so I'm giving her a gift certificate for a 90 minute massage as a thank you! Smile So appreciate referrals! Yesterday, I had a fabulous long lunch with a good friend who is starting acupuncture school next week. We ate, talked and did a little shopping. Fun!

Humboldt Redwoods Half Marathon 10.20.2013 

Tiburon by the Bay Half Marathon 11.3.2013 (My Birthday!) 

Napa Valley Full Marathon 3.2.2013

PRs: 

Half: 1:48

Full: 4:34