Womens Running

Not November Tuesday (Over 40) (Read 20 times)

Damaris-congrats again on the marathon!  great RR!

Carol-good advice for your dh.  Also have him try thinking of how he would advise someone else to handle the situation. What is in best interest of the patient?  Another way to step outside of this being his dad.

Laura-something will get done.  Last year I refused to decorate the tree alone so it went as far as Christmas Eve.  Then I said that maybe it was a new tradition to decorate on Christmas Eve with all together to do so.  I'm not worried.

Going to do weight workout this morning.  (One that doesn't involve adding weight to me through eating.)

Yesterday afternoon was nice with DD and I exploring colleges online (she discovered the Midwest Student Exchange Program) but none of the schools really impressed us THAT much but fun to check them out.  No thanks to super small campuses, regional campuses or those in North Dakota for her.  She may go back and check out the few in the St Paul/Minneapolis or St Louis areas.  She wants to be in or near a city.

Been thinking of Karnel.  Remember to take note of small things and celebrate them, if only to yourself... like it not being November anymore.

Lisa

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaay! At least it’s not November!

Hearty congrats to racers and all who are out there in whatever weather.

Monday DS and I went to our respective gyms. I was able to test my new Brooks Adrenaline 15s for a 45 minute run and they seem fine so far. I had tried them for cardio, but the toe box is wide enough that my left foot was going to rub on the side. Running movement was more front to back in the shoe, so it worked fine.

DS just left to return to VA. I’m off to the doc this noon to see about the sinuses. The crown for my “root canal” tooth is Thursday morning. I just want to heal up this week.

Today I plan a track run and some cardio.

Happy runs, All! :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Bikerchick1

Lisa - Great advice regarding celebrating the small things....Karnel style. How exciting to be exploring colleges with DD Smile

LCruns - I tried to tell my DH that his Dad isprobably very scared, and for a "proud, stubborn" Italian man, to have all control taken away is probably very hard.  BUT, that being said...he is/and always has been a mean, demanding,negative, critical man....so this has really brought out that personality!  Not sure that he doesn't have some underlying paranoia either.  He is still talking about the vampire, and ignores, or just glares at DH.  Good job on your running streak!!!!

Damarias - Great job on the marathon Smile

Hi to all, and thanks for all your thoughts, advice on FIL.  My brother did good with surgery yesterday....what a long day, they said it was 11 am, he didn't go in until 3pm...

No run yesterday, and today isn't looking favorable for one either Sad

Carol

Hobby Jogger Especial!

Hello everyone! Haven't been on here in awhile. We took a long road trip to Arizona for Thanksgiving. Had a wonderful time and fortunately, only ran into snow a couple of times for short distances.  I sure wish I could have brought their weather back with us, it was high 60s and low 70s during the day. Had a great visit and got to run a couple of times with my brother, which is always a treat. Now I'm busy trying to catch up, both at work and home. But it was worth it. I haven't done any reading so I'll have to catch up on personals at another time. I hope everyone is doing well and enjoyed the holiday.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  A short recovery run and heavy weights tonight.

Gatsby, technically, I have a marathon next weekend.  It all depends if we are traveling or not.

Lisa, hope your daughter finds a good college near or in a city she likes.

Judy, I like your enthusiasm.

Carol, sorry about the no run but I'm glad your brother's surgery went well.

Shadow, nice vacation trip!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Oh.. we have a few years until college.  Well a couple at least, since she is just a sophomore.

Laura-my mom was same way.  We knew something was "really wrong" when she started to become very polite, considerate, and requesting our guidance.  That's what triggered the trip to the hospital (along with headaches) when the slow hemorrhage was discovered 6 weeks after a fall.

Lisa

Arimathea

Tessa

Lisa -- red velvet cupcakes filled with Nutella with cream cheese frosting, whipped cream, and strawberries? What time should we all be over to fete DD (and gobble cupcakes)? Agreed, quality control must be maintained.

If your DD wants to take a trip to SDSU to check it out I am sure she can stay with DD...though this does not meet her criteria of not regional and near a big city.

Carol, it's tough for men who are controlling and domineering to lose independence, unfortunately if the person is mean, authoritarian, and critical, illness is likely to bring out the worst in him. (DH had the same type of personality and resented being ill and helpless, and he took it out on everyone around him.) Good luck to your DH and MIL.

Poor Karnel. I wonder how her DH and kids are doing.

Judy, have fun at the gym -- ugh on the tooth.

Shadow, welcome back! Where in AZ? My morning running buddy was in Prescott visiting her dad. Her 22 year old DS drove a lot of the way and complained that "mom criticizes my driving but doesn't criticize grandpa's and we drive the same way, not fair!" and got reminded that a) he is on mom's insurance and driving mom's car, neither of which apply to grandpa, and b) grandpa has been driving >50 years and knows what he is doing. Unlike 2 year licensed DS.

Damaris, which race next weekend?

4 this morning with RN (running neighbour, the aforementioned running buddy). Now it is raining. Amazing how Californians panic at a little moisture!

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Tessa they posted some pics of the kids on Karnels fb page. A nice message too.

I did 10.2. Got rained on. Pilates later.

Back for personals.

Marjorie

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Sugarland if you see this I sent you a copy of the pic. Hope it came over. It should also be on my fb page.

Damaris nice report.

Lisa our tree isn't up. Will be but I've been doing too many other fun crafts. It will be up this week.

Carol it is hard for anyone to see a parent start acting differently. I remember the stress on my mom when my grandmother started to get paranoid and think she was being held against her will etc.

shadow  catch up is never  easy

I have work to still do but our power has been out for no known reason for 2 hours. Can't do it without Internet. So I sit in the dark and wait.  Online says should be up in another hour. Sigh. I texted Dh so he isn't trying to open the garage or wondering why the house is dark

Did get pilates done.

Marjorie

I give you the Pillsbury Red Velvet w/cheesecake filling cupcake, topped with Nutella, whipped cream (heavy cream & powdered sugar kind) and strawberries.  They were good!

Tessa-happy to make them when I come out in April. I have booked my conference and gotten the okay to combine San Diego with a trip to Mountain View office and time in between off or working remote.  I'm thinking fly in to LA the Thurs before race, work remote Friday and Monday at your house, rent car and drive up to Mountain View for office Tues-Thurs.  Spend time with sister in Sonoma Fri-Sun. Fly or train to San Diego for Monday conference. Back home Wed night.

Marjorie-major parts of downtown Detroit were without power today apparently.  We have generators so weren't affected... but was mainly the public buildings I guess.

Lisa

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Power still off. Main transformer blew up. They have to replace it. Maybe by 11 pm. Been off since 3

i can't have Nutella. Hazelnuts make me swell so I must be sensitive to them. Other nuts don't but last time I ate hazelnuts my hands and feet swelled.

Marjorie

SugarLand

Thanks Marjorie what a great idea