Womens Running

That's Chilly Thursday DIVAS (Read 18 times)

melrunner

Jewel I always had two different phones. Like you work paid for work phone but I never wanted to mix work with personal and didn't want people that had my work number to be calling me on the weekend. I would use work phone M-F and usually almost always carry two phones on my purse except on weekends!!!

Hi Leela! It flared up a tad bit. I'm going for a massage on Monday thank goodness. Your running is going awesome!!!

melrunner

Leela what did you read? How are you massaging it? I need to pull out my Birkenstocks too!

MA runner girl

Outwest - you nontraditionalist you :P People are going to buy gifts for the bride and groom. It's just the way it is. So instead of giving them free reign, a registry lets the bride/groom decide what they want. My mom got 5 blenders and 4 toasters for her shower (huge families). Registries avoid that. It's not saying GIVE ME GIVE ME. It's just helping get what you actually want/need.

PRs: 5k - 21:22, half marathon - 1:39:43, marathon - 3:37:16

L e e l a

mel - There's a great book called Anatomy for Runners written by a PT.  It's all about assessing your physical weaknesses as a runner to do prehab.  It says the best way to deal with plantar fascia issues is massage of the tender areas.  It's amazing the difference doing that made for me!

LucyBelle

Outwest - you nontraditionalist you :P People are going to buy gifts for the bride and groom. It's just the way it is. So instead of giving them free reign, a registry lets the bride/groom decide what they want. My mom got 5 blenders and 4 toasters for her shower (huge families). Registries avoid that. It's not saying GIVE ME GIVE ME. It's just helping get what you actually want/need.

HAHA omg! That's funny. It also avoids getting double gifts and having to exchange and return.

Honestly, if someone was coming to my wedding and truly couldn't afford a gift, I'd be just as honored if they gave us a cross-stitch they made or some homemade cookies or something. I would feel just as celebrated by that person!

MA runner girl

Lucy are you trying to tell me you want me to make you cookies?? Big grin

PRs: 5k - 21:22, half marathon - 1:39:43, marathon - 3:37:16

LucyBelle

COOOOOOKIESSSSS! Joking

melrunner

Actually my family that came from Orlando gave me a present and I begged and begged to not give us anything. I really didn't want the out of town people spending money on us when they all had to splurge in hotel, plane ticket, formal dresses, etc. In my aunts case, we paid for the little flowrR girls dresses.

someone once said you only will ever get presents on two occasions:: birth of your child and your wedding. I really hated being the center of attention but at the end of the day our wedding was gorgeous, I married the man f my dreams, and it totally reunited or family which wa a huge huge huge present!!!!.

melrunner

Leela I will Check that book out! Is B three now??

SassySparky

Leela - I'm following a plan from the book, "Train Like a Mother" and I am LOVING IT. It's a good mix of 4 and 5 days a week of running, usually have two easy 3-4 milers, one easy 6 miler (or something like negative splits) then my longest midweek run is 7-9 miles and usually has tempo miles or miles done at race pace. The long runs top out at 20, but there are some interesting long run workouts, like running some middle miles at race pace or doing a strong finish or a negative split.

I'll be running my first full, the Richmond Marathon on November 16, 2013!