Womens Running

FEELING FREE ON FRIDAY DIVAS (Read 16 times)

MA runner girl

Post!

PRs: 5k - 21:22, half marathon - 1:39:43, marathon - 3:37:16

MA runner girl

RR: 4 miles today, probably on the TM since thunderstorms are forecasted all day. Fun fun! 5k tomorrow. Must beat my brother! Eeeeek.

NRR: C had a great night's sleep last night. 8-12,12:30-5, 5:30-7! And I went to bed at 9:30 and slept when he slept! I feel awesome. This weekend should be fun! Today is SIL's bday (the one that watches C) so we are having a joint bday party at the inlaws tonight. I think we will put C down there, since otherwise would be leaving very soon after getting there. Hopefully he goes down! Tomorrow morning is the 5k, and then my bday massage and pedi (got my eyebrows done last night!). My mom is watching C while I go, because DH is working, so I'll head back there after and spend the day by the pool. My brother and his family are coming too, I'm excited to spend time with my nephew! Sunday I'm headed to NY for Lucy's bridal shower! Exciting! I think I'll be ready for a nap Sunday afternoon though Smile

Have a great day girls!

PRs: 5k - 21:22, half marathon - 1:39:43, marathon - 3:37:16

melrunner

Morning MA! so jealous of your 3 day weekend! Have a great birthday weekend continuing celebrations! And a great 5k!

Monk how was DHs interview?

TriR spinning am. 1 hour lake OWS pm. 7 mile run last night was fun my local running club made it a poker night so we ran and collected playing cards at five stops and the winner with the best hand one a gift card to running store. sadly I didn't win!

NtriR Lookinh forward to the weekend! Tomorrow 13 mile LR. Tomorrow night birthday party dinner for my tri friend, Sunday 4:30 on bike ad watching Slavika show with DH at night.

have a wonderful weekend!!

lizo_77

Hi Ladies!

RR: nada. third day off the foot. planning on a long bike ride tomorrow and sunday to try and make up  the difference.

NRR: Got home last night from work trip at 11pm. So I'm a little out of it now. At work this morning at 7. Totally planning to leave today around 3. So so tired right now. Please send good vibes my way on that job interview I had on monday. I really want to get that job. And if I don't get it, I need to talk to my company about extra compensation. tonight, M and I are just going to grill burgers and chill out. He's going to watch the football game, I'm going to switch my brain off and who knows?

back soon for personals!

taylorma1

MA-sounds like a jam-packed and fun weekend. Good luck at the 5k!

meli-that sounds like such a fun run with collething the cards!

lizo-sending you good vibes about your job!

rr-7.5 miles with 4x1 mile repeats. They were a lot slower than normal but it is really here and humid here today. Rest day tomorrow and a 22 mile long run on Sunday. Yikes! I have never run that far before

nrr- last full day at the beach. Going to be sad to leave but looking forward to seeing DBF again

lizo_77

MA: yay for a good nights sleep last night!

taylor: good luck with the 22! that's a long..... distance!

mel: that's a fun way to get a mid size run done with your running group! sorry you didn't win!

RunLikeTheWind23

Morning Ladies.

RR: rest day

NRR: grandma is still hanging on. We don't think its going to be much longer. My brother and SIL are bringing K out to see my grandma tomorrow. My grandma said she wanted to hold K one last time. I have a feeling it will end for her soon. But we've all been saying this for a week now. But truthfully, she's so weak, isn't eating, barely drinking, etc. I have a feeling she's waiting to see K. She's seen everyone else she has wanted to see. I have spent every day with her thru the past week. I usually go over to her house at about noon and don't leave till like 10 p.m.  I just want this to end for my grandma. She's suffering and its so not fair.

MA: enjoy lucy's shower on Sunday. Bummed I can't be there....

Meli: good luck with your long run tomorrow.

Lizo: I hope your foot feels better soon!

taylor: 22 miles!!! What are you training for? Smile

monk717

MA: I'm so sorry I forgot to wish you a happy birthday! Have fun with the massage and pedi!

meli: Well... we found out why DH isn't getting more calls for interviews...

lizo: Sorry for the late night! Good vibes on the job interview!

taylor: Good luck on 22 miles! Yikes... its still going to be a really long time before I even run 22 miles in a week!

As for me...

RR: Nothing today, will run 3 or 4 tomorrow.

NRR: So DH's phone interview was all of 5 minutes... the interviewer cut right to the chase and asked about DH's salary requirements. She said she loved his resume but knew from looking at it that they can't afford him. DH's salary requirement is less than he was making before, but still way above what this company would have offered. So we're pretty sure thats why he's not getting more calls... he's applying for customer service jobs but his skills are really above that. Supposedly the HR person is going to see if they could offer a higher salary so he may still end up interviewing with them... but we're not holding our breath. DH says he's going to start trying for some higher level jobs now... but who knows. He's starting the medical coding course later this month so hopefully by the end of the year he can get a high paying job doing that.

Last night was a nice night, we had dinner together and got the kids to bed early. I enjoyed reading for a couple hours, something I never do. Well, I was enjoying my book and stayed up too late, didn't go to bed until about 10:15... and then P woke up at 11, 12, 1, 2, and 4... I slept an extra hour this morning and still got to work early, but I'm reeeaaaally dragging. P's teething... we never had any problems with teething for A, we just looked one day and they were there without any warning... P's been cranky off and on with this for a week now and it doesn't look to me like the teeth are very close to cutting through. Fantastic.

outwestrunner

Good morning, ladies!

RR: Hmm, nothing so far this week. I am going to yoga in about 2 hours, though. I did a lot of sitting the past few days and my body is feeling it.

NRR: Back from field work, and I don't have anything else scheduled so far for the rest of the month! I am really excited! I am working a little bit today, but mainly taking care of things around the house. My refrigerator is almost completely empty, so I need to fill that up. That will require a serious shopping list and trip. Eating out at restaurants for all three meals has me feeling like crap, so I'm looking forward to eating my food cooked in my house.

MA - Enjoy the bridal shower!

Mel - Have fun on your LR tomorrow. Your training is really picking up!

Lizo - Fingers crossed about that other job. You have been working a LOT lately.

Taylor - Have you found any cool shells?

RLTW - keeping your family in my thoughts

Monk - Hopefully something pans out for your DH.

SassySparky

Hey ladies!

RR: Did a 1 mile hike (basically walked up stairs), 6 miles easy, 3 miles with HIIT, ST, and today was 6 miles with 3 at tempo. This weekend is 13. I am LOVING my Train Like a Mother marathon training plan. It is a mix of 4 and 5 days of running and at least one ST session per week that only takes me 20 minutes so I combine with one of my easy short runs. So far so good and I haven't had any issues with my ankle that was talking to me two weeks ago.

NRR: Just vacation! I'm back from a few days in Asheville NC and we had so much fun! I'm still on vacation though Smile We went to the zoo, a nature center, and ate some delicious Southern food (miraculously, all vegetarian! Thanks Asheville!). Now this afternoon we're going to a life and science museum. It was definitely a G-centric vacation but it was so much fun and relaxing!  

No time for personals, I have to get a shower after our run.

I think we're also taking G for his first hair cut this weekend. He doesn't really need it but it's a little long around his ears and Big D has been mentioning it.  I'm already sad about this! It's his baby hair!

I'll be running my first full, the Richmond Marathon on November 16, 2013!

NorCal

Hi Ladies!

MA- What a fun weekend you have planned! Enjoy it all! Big grin

Lizo- Wow, late night! You totally deserve to turn your brain off and RELAX!

Monk- Hope things work for DH on the job front!

Meli- What a fun running game, love it! Sorry you didn't win!

OWR- Welcome home. How happy were the kids to see you?

Tay- WOOHOO 22 miles! you're gonna ROCK it!!! Enjoy your last day of vacation!

RTLW- My thoughts are with your family, the end of life is so rough. Sad When DH's grandma passed a few years ago, it was when we all went to visit her, she went the day after the last family member arrived. And they thought she'd have at least another 6 weeks or so... Sometimes it's just about saying goodbye to everyone. Wishing you peace. ((hugs))

Sassy- What a fun vacation! Smile And way to go on your workouts, you're rocking this marathon training plan! Sweet!

Humboldt Redwoods Half Marathon 10.20.2013 

Tiburon by the Bay Half Marathon 11.3.2013 (My Birthday!) 

Napa Valley Full Marathon 3.2.2013

PRs: 

Half: 1:48

Full: 4:34

outwestrunner

NC - Everyone was VERY happy to see me, and the feeling was completely mutual! Smile  Tons of cat hair wads on the carpet, though. I dumped the canister and vacuumed, and now it's almost full again. I furminated PnJ for less than 15 minutes last night and got sizeable balls of hair. Fay is up next. Just that time of year.

NorCal

Happy Friday everyone! I work tomorrow, so it's kind of like my Thursday... Sad

RR. I ended up not running yesterday. I'm doing a super-taper! lol. I just have had a lot of leg fatigue/soreness, so I'm making sure they are in tip top shape this weekend. I'm going to take L for a long walk this morning and do some core/arm stuff. I got an AWESOME 1 hour lower body massage- just worked on hips and legs. So needed it and they feel amazing today! I had a couple of trouble areas but she was able to work them out really well!

NRR. Working this afternoon- a couple hours at acu office and then seeing 3 clients at my office, so will be there until 8pm. I'm going on Monday to see a potential new office. It's half the price as the one I'm in now, but doesn't include linen service... so I have to factor that all in!

Working half day tomorrow and then heading out for the race. We're doing dinner with some friends and then staying at a hotel since it's an early morning start. Excited!

PRs: 

NorCal

OWR- Our animals have been super sheddy lately too. Well L always is, but I brushed B the other day and go so much hair! T won't let me come near him with a brush, but he pulls his own hair out (anxiety disorder or something) so shedding isn't much of a problem for him.

PRs: 

lizo_77

my foot is feeling even better this afternoon! Not aching anymore. So will take it easy this weekend on it and try on Monday with a run. Yay!

went to rotary over lunch and was a guest of a good friend of mine who works for the company I'm interviewing with. there are a couple of other candidates for the position it sounds like.

rltw: hugs girl! sorry about what you and your family are going through.

monk: so sorry about P's sleep schedule last night! that's crazy!

outwest: yay for nothing scheduled the rest of the month in terms of field work for you!

sassy: keep enjoying your vacation!

norcal: yay for a good massage!

back to work.....

Hope your afternoon is going great!