Womens Running

Back to the GRIND Mondays (DAILIES) (Read 20 times)

WFH today, taking a break to admire the rain outside while eating lunch.  Rest day today, 6.6 yesterday.  Keeping on track to get 80 km by 1/15 for the Lululemon challenge, woohoo.  Silly how motivating that is, but whatever works...

Damaris, WTG at Disney!  Wonder if it was the electrolyte drink that gave you the pukes?  Although I recall you were feeling on the verge of being sick earlier that week, so maybe you already had the bug?  Good call taking the day off.  Barfing takes a toll.

LC, the person rescinded her resignation and they accepted it?!  WTH?!  I think most places would see the resignation as a sign the person isn't interested in being there, and bid good riddance to him/her.  Too bad.

Lizzie, so true what Kilmisters said about the weather warming up as soon as you got the TM!  But I'm sure the cold stuff will be back with a vengeance.  And NOPE on putting a rug under it.  Ick.  Bummer about the PF flaring up.  And, mammel is a MORON.

Judy, I've heard meditating is beneficial for mental well being.  Something I think I should do more regularly.

Karen, excited to hear how your running group does at Houston.  Crazy temps for you.

Tessa, yep, Team Beef might get a mixed reaction here in the Bay Area.  Team Artichoke would probably be a safer option.  Nice job on the weight loss.

Ginny, nice TM miles yesterday.

CrazySue, poor doggies, having to pee in the rain.  Can't say I blame them for being reluctant.

Kilmisters, that's a lot of pressure re calculations, but it sounds like you provided your boss with all relevant info and your numbers are defensible.

Turtles, I haven't used a TM for a while but I remember it was good for things like speed and hill work.  Helped a lot to have music or a TV to watch.  Yes, a fan was essential.

Seloc, re your Q from yesterday, the birds are out most of the time when we're home. Two of them are shut inside their cages when we're gone or when I'm trying to WFH.  They don't mind, it's a safe place to nap with food, treats, water and toys (who wouldn't like that?).  But the third one has anxiety so his cage is always open.  Fortunately he's not destructive.    That's a cool headlamp, what a nice gift.  Ugh on the work blahs.

Okay, speaking of work blahs, back to mine...

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Kilmisters

Cathy, can't blame your DD for not liking TM Smile Her playing soccer is good in the long run (no pun intended), different type of movement; variety is always good. Especially because 5k is more of a speed not endurance thing. Sorry about the foot still bothering you... But as I understand it could had been worse?

Tessa, not sure if the ''yay rain!" was sarcasm or not. I honestly can't catch your ''weather perception/attitude'' here at all, guys Smile Lots of opposites.

Laura, sorry about no luck at the other job... But just like you said - her decision didn't depend on you.

Lizzie, my apologies, but the key part made me giggle. But in an understanding way, if it makes sense. I left my previous job because of lack of challenge and same old stuff year after year. Which reminds me - is the job ''hunt'' still on and if so - any luck? At least glimmer of hope or anything? And HCBF job situation? Sorry, a bit behind here.

Sandy, couldn't care less about SuperBowl (aside from dramatic ''Buffalo finally made the play-offs story), but, wooo, will Minessota host it this year? Speaking of American football, reading a book now - League of Denial (there's a movie too); it's... something. Ha, practicing night vision? Owl Smile Better take that headlamp, w all the ice now those dark spots can be dangerous. I actually ran into a low branch today, was too busy w my thoughs, hehe... No bruises, tho. Aw, don't let that one client ruin your mojo... It's just one of many, right? Easier said than done, tho, especially if necessary actions aren't taken.

Well, yeah, the job can be challenging, but I wouldn't trade it for anything else. Retail segment is experiencing extremely interesting times here right now. As for challenges, I'm actually constantly worried whether I am good enough/perceived so by boss. There have been LOTS of ups and downs. Lack of feedback bothers me. She gave a useful one after the trial period, but, you know, it's been few months since then and lots has happened. I forget to mention this every goddamn time we meet as it's either chat about life (we have lots of stuff in common) or super-extensive list of work stuff to discuss in 30-50mins. Have to remember this for Thursday's meeting Smile

10mi today. Feet have been bothering me for a while, but it's because of looser ankle joints from carrying mini-K times that leads to supination. Have to finally remember (ugh) to find time for orthopedist visit = adjusted soles. But other than that it was fine. Lovely cold out there! Nothing extreme, tho - 30 degrees and almost no wind, plus more ice than snow. Friend called somewhere at around mile 8, so a random chat too. Multitasking Smile

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

''Who needs quads anyway!?'' (c) Damaris

Heh, I see how our weather commentary is confusing.  A guide for you:

Tessa and I: live in California, which is typically in or near a state of drought, happy to see rain.

Everyone else: nope.

LC Runs

Cathy - thank you for adding me to the group, I will start tomorrow!!

Margaret - I think they accepted her back for a few reasons:  she was leaving in good standing, the job she was going to do was a 'work from home' insurance job (RN case management) and I assume she had cold feet since it might not be as great as advertised.  Plus, much easier to keep her on, being fully trained, since they won't have to train me now nor fill my position.  I do understand, but it's disappointing since moving up or finding new challenges here is difficult.  They were even talking to me about adding some supervisory duties (and more $$) at some point in that position.  So, that's out the window.  Guess I'll have to keep my eyes open for opportunities elsewhere.

Arimathea

Tessa

Elina, Margaret summed it up well. California has been in a drought for a while, and although last winter (2016-17) was wet in the northern half of the state, this winter has been a repeat of 2011-12 to 2015-16. Very dry. We desperately need more rain and I am happy to see it even though traffic is something awful when it starts raining. ("Eeeek! Precipitation! Moisture falling from the sky! Eeek! Eeeeeek!" and Californians run around like panicked chickens.)

Loose joints do tighten back up eventually. Usually it takes about as long as the pregnancy, so plan on 9 months or so before the joints are no longer loose and relaxed. Some don't return to their prepregnancy state. Feet can stay bigger than they were before the baby, for instance.

Liz, only 2 projects? Who got all the rest?

Laura, sorry the move isn't going to work out. We've had someone rescind his resignation before and decide to stay, though in his case he was trying to get more money. (It worked.)

Margaret, I think you're right, Team Artichoke or Team Tofu. Glad you can WFH today since the weather is not conducive to commuting. (Not looking forward to the bus ride home.)

Sandy, interesting idea to slather oneself with reflective paint, but I do think a vest is quicker. And can be worn over winter clothing.

6.25 on the TM. It wasn't raining when I went to the gym, it certainly was when I came out. No worries. It's next door to my building. Lots of resolutioners especially since it's the first day of school in most districts here. One guy was singing along with the music on his phone. And he was wearing headphones.

Half Crazy K 2.0

Strength training. Won't be working a full week this week either, got off early for ice.

Arimathea, the response in CA for rain sounds similar to the MD response for snow. Although there is also the need to immediately run to the grocery store for bread, milk, eggs and toilet paper. Doesn't matter if it is for an inch or 2 feet of snow.

LCRuns, sucks the job didn't pan out.  It's happened a number of times where I work, usually it's positions that are never fully staffed.

GatsbyBird, the only reason I went outside the last 4 days was for the challenge. I've never even worn Lululemon stuff, I hope it's worth it.

Docket, sounds like a smart move to take the sick day.

Hi All!

Docket_Rocket

Damaris!! The best weather guy around (and he is running the marathon) has been saying colder than normal for the Houston Marathon Sunday. He's still saying low 30s for the start, but today weather underground is showing this:

Since I'm only running the half, I may end up wearing a long sleeve under my Beef singlet instead of the singlet and arm warmers. Now that I'm an official Beef Team member, I get partial race fee reimbursement for certain races (up to $550 per year), so hell yeah, I'm wearing it.

Getting back into the posting habit here. Over the weekend I ran 6 with my group on Saturday (our last "official" group run, but we're meeting up the Saturday after the race for a short run and breakfast and to set up plans for continuing to run together), and 11 yesterday. Saturday's run was great, Sunday's was awful. I'm heading out for 7 shortly. Warmish weather here first half of the week (60s and 70s) before the bottom drops out Thursday night for the weekend.

Congrats Kat, Gatsby and Damaris on your races!!

Kat, yours sounded difficult, and then to volunteer after? Wow. Congrats to your coworker on his time!

Gatsby, so happy to see you racing again. Couch to 50K seems to be going well for you. The bird picture on fb and the one on here cracked me up.

And Damaris....i slept in yesterday, got up and saw your message you were puking your way through Disney. Saw your fb updates saying the same thing. And then I looked at the race tracking - damn girl, that was a good race for how you were feeling! Did you feel crappy right from the start or did it just hit 10 miles in?

Liz, you've been doing a great job of dealing with the snow and the weird weather. Excited you got the TM set up and ready to go. I'm so tempted to get one because I saw a really good deal. Don't need it now, but it would be nice in the summer.

Laura, thanks for the reality check. We're down here freaking out because it's going to be in the 30s for the race start this weekend, and you're up there "it's going to be in the 30s! yay!"

Judy, nice running and yoga this weekend.

At this pace, I might pull out the LS, gloves and capris!  OMG.  And awww, now that I see my time, which is what, third fastest post surgery, I don't know how I did it either.  I didn't walk much, just when I wanted to text Richard to complain, but I was for sure not running fast after Mile 13.  It was like I ran out of Energizer. Smile  I felt run down the day before and then the morning of, but the pace felt fine until my stomach didn't.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Elina, haha.  Right?  Perfect threat!

Kathryn, forgot to congratulate you!

Sandy, nice 5.

Susan, poor doggies.

Cathy, glad you did not get any calls but ugh at the lack of sleep.

Tessa, ugh.  It was nasty indeed.  And I wasn't the only one that was sick.

Laura, I am sorry about the job. Sad

Lizzie, I would talk to Mammel about it.  Ask for more.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Margaret, nice run yesterday.  Great job on the challenge!

Elina, nice 10.

HCK, nice job on the ST.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

LC Runs

2.3 OUTSIDE miles LOL.  Felt great to be outside, I really needed it today.

Tessa - glad you got some much needed rain!  Nice TM run and I'm laughing thinking about the 'singer'!

K - nice job on the strength training, I hate ice but glad you got out of work early!

Damaris - you did an awesome job, can't wait to see what you do this weekend!!

Goofy bird photo of the day.  Nosy bird.  Always has to see what I'm doing.

Arimathea

Tessa

2.5 hours to get home this evening.

WFH was sounding better and better tomorrow, until I checked my calendar. One conference call (could do from home), and 2 meetings that are not possible to do by phone. Bah.