Womens Running

FREEZING FRIDAYS, DIVA! (Read 19 times)

LucyBelle

Lucy, that makes two of us that woke up with headaches. I hope the family meeting each other goes well tonight! What are you cooking? Are they all meeting at your place?

I am making a pork tenderloin, roasted potatoes, and salad. Pumpkin pie for dessert because it is CRF's favorite and this is also sort of his birthday meal (his birthday is Sunday.) We're doing it at my parent's house because our apartment is way too small for a dinner party! We don't even have a table to eat at!

NorCal

Good morning girls!

RR. So sick of NOT running. Calf is feeling better. I walked 2 miles yesterday and it was just a little sore. I've started some strengthening stuff for it. I'm still not running until Sunday. Doing a lot of core exercises lately, so that's good!

NRR. I found a lovely office to rent for private massage clients. And I can rent it per-session, so no commitment. So when I leave my current job, I can at least try and get some clients to come see me there. I'm also applying for another job, admin asst but at an organization I would be absolutely THRILLED to be part of. Will post it on FB. So, fingers crossed!

Working from home today, have a LOT to do, so here's to staying motivated!

Humboldt Redwoods Half Marathon 10.20.2013 

Tiburon by the Bay Half Marathon 11.3.2013 (My Birthday!) 

Napa Valley Full Marathon 3.2.2013

PRs: 

Half: 1:48

Full: 4:34

Blu_Runs

Hey, ladies. Happy Friday!

RR-Rest yesterday, so ST today. Probably back and biceps. I need start doing my core workout again too.

NRR-No classes on Friday for me, so 3 day weekends for me. Whoohoo! But it's a weekend full of homework, work and prepping for my structural analysis midterm  No so whoohoo, but I wouldn't have it any other way.Big grin

I have an appointment with a naturopathic doctor this AM concerning alternative forms of allergy relief. As much as I love cats, my immune system does not. Also, looking at possibly having exercise induced-asthma b/c the campus doctor said I might.  He kept shelling out these expensive Rx and I want a second opinion before I fill these Rx out.

NYR (New Year's Resolution Related): I've been keeping up with my base mileage. I'll probably start adding mileage come Feb. My diet has been good. I meditate daily. I've added getting up at the same time everyday (instead of sleeping in on weekends) and I've been doing that for the past week.

Be back for personals!

Blu_Runs

norcal-I hope your calves feel better soon. Keeping my fingers crossed that you get this job. Glad you found a great space!

Lucy-That meal sounds delicious! Good luck with the big Parents Meet! I hope your headache goes away.

Meli-Have a great race this weekend. Sounds like your approach to building up running sis great. Enjoy your gorgeous day!

outwest-Sending out some work motivation vibes! Good job on the ST improvements.

cassie-Sorry that DH's glasses broke but eyeglass shopping is fun in my opinion. Glad piyo was good!

monk-Happy belated to DH! Yay for Var! I'm glad you're still keeping in touch with her.

Dr. T-Sorry about the work frustration. Happy to hear you're feeling great this far along. That's awesome that you felt the baby move. So sweet!

taylor-Great job and pace on your tempo run! Enjoy your evening with DBF.

liz-So glad the massage helped. Sounds like your evenings have been productive!

RLTW-Whoohoo on 3 miles and the amazing sensation. I'm sure it's quite liberating not to run with that kind of pressure.

MA-Happy to hear your midwife appointment went so well!

gsd-Have fun with M in the winter weather! Happy that you're making progress on some NYR's.

MA runner girl

Oh I realized I forgot to post the stuffed portebella mushroom recipe I made last night. It was SUPER good. Instead of just mexican rice, I added black beans to add some protein since I wasn't making anything else to go with it. I definitely recommend this!!

PRs: 5k - 21:22, half marathon - 1:39:43, marathon - 3:37:16

SassySparky

Guys just popping in to share this story (becuase I think it's pretty funny).

Today I was scheduled to have lunch with a a few other postdocs and a seminar speaker. The lunch was provided by the dept and was sandwiches, and I ordered a veggie wrap. When we all get there, everyone had chicken sandwiches and there was no veggie wrap to be seen, and there wasn't enough food. So someone went and asked, and the person who dropped the food off said that there had definitely been a veggie wrap there when the dropped it off.  So we figured someone must have just stolen it!

Everyone who works here is a post-doc like me (so already has a PhD), runs a lab, or is a technician, so it's not like college kids are just going around looking for free food. it's a pretty small floor. So we're trying to figure out who the heck on our floor would just walk by a bag of sandwiches, rummage through, and steal one.  it was clear that it was for something specific, not just leftovers from an event .  Some of my friends did some investigative work and realized that it's a visiting postdoc who works at DUKE who just walked by and took the sandwich! She just took it! I think this is so funny, hence my two paragraph story.

I'll be running my first full, the Richmond Marathon on November 16, 2013!

Blu_Runs

Haha! Sassy, you just gave me another reason to dislike Dukies. I worked in Durham and my boss and co-workers were big Duke fans...so needless to say, I got my fill of them. Joking

Guys just popping in to share this story (becuase I think it's pretty funny).

Today I was scheduled to have lunch with a a few other postdocs and a seminar speaker. The lunch was provided by the dept and was sandwiches, and I ordered a veggie wrap. When we all get there, everyone had chicken sandwiches and there was no veggie wrap to be seen, and there wasn't enough food. So someone went and asked, and the person who dropped the food off said that there had definitely been a veggie wrap there when the dropped it off.  So we figured someone must have just stolen it!

Everyone who works here is a post-doc like me (so already has a PhD), runs a lab, or is a technician, so it's not like college kids are just going around looking for free food. it's a pretty small floor. So we're trying to figure out who the heck on our floor would just walk by a bag of sandwiches, rummage through, and steal one.  it was clear that it was for something specific, not just leftovers from an event .  Some of my friends did some investigative work and realized that it's a visiting postdoc who works at DUKE who just walked by and took the sandwich! She just took it! I think this is so funny, hence my two paragraph story.

outwestrunner

MA - I saw that recipe on foodgawker. Glad it tasted good!

Sassy - You're at UNC, right? Either way, HAHAHA Oh man!!! So funny.. and so like how I think a Duke employee would act.

SassySparky

HAHA I'm so glad you guys understand the DUKE thing! Yes I am at UNC ... it's totally a DUKE way to act!

outwestrunner

Sassy - I told DBF this story a few minutes ago, and he just now came back in and asked if you ever got anything to eat. Ha! He also asked if you swore a lot, because he would. I'd be pretty peeved myself, to be honest. Freaking Duke. :P

SassySparky

I had chips and a brownie, and after the "lunch" meeting I went to get a burrito bowl so I am well taken care of.  I think it's more funny than anything, because it's completely inappropriate behavior!

Apparently the person who took it felt bad, but she said she thought it was "leftover" . .... but guys ... why would someone assume a bunch of food is leftover from something at 11:45?  If it were late in the afternoon, I could see why you would think that, but it wasn't even lunch time yet!

NorCal

Sassy- That is pretty funny! And totally not acceptable! I agree, if it were in the afternoon, MAYBE, but wouldn't you still ask someone first!? Or just go buy your own damn lunch!? ha. I would be totally pissed! But glad you got some food afterall!

Humboldt Redwoods Half Marathon 10.20.2013 

Tiburon by the Bay Half Marathon 11.3.2013 (My Birthday!) 

Napa Valley Full Marathon 3.2.2013

PRs: 

Half: 1:48

Full: 4:34