Womens Running

Wednesday, I'm Here, Just Not Ready (Over 40) (Read 15 times)

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Post. Smile

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

What do I do for my arms? They are like little sticks, so I wave them around a lot. Big grin Actually, I try to do some hand weights about 5 days a week. Three pound weights are my limit so far. My cardio DVD does some arm ups & downs, etc. Embarrassed

Tuesday I got to the track, ran 35 minutes, then did 40 minutes of cardio at home. My exercise week is all askew since I have some errands and working on my big crockpot of soup by the weekend. We have an inservice on Friday so I have to work later than usual.

Today I will either run or do a long cardio session.
      Happy runs, All! :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Bikerchick1

Judy -  Awww, I'm not sure what to tell you on your "stick" arms.....sounds like you have been doing lots for them!

Marjorie - Hope your hip feels better.  One of my RB's said she didn't think she would do any more races after the half in Columbus.   She loves to run, but for some reason racing isn't for her.  I, like Karen, love to do races, not because I am fast - unlike Karen Smile  but I really enjoy the atmosphere, and like to have those "goals".  You will make the right decision for you.....

No run yesterday, had to go with DD for fitting.  Kinda sad, her MIL - to-be is really being a downer, and DD is stressed out.  MIL-to-be is very negative and critical of everything.  DD is a "people-pleaser".....and so this is hard for her.  UGH.....Unfortunately this is exactly how she knew it would be, which is why she wanted a destination - get away, with a few people.  But, because of his family knew that couldn't happen, so she is really doing this for him and his family.....needless to say, I am sort of sad, and stressed for her Disapprove

Hi to all!

Carol

LC Runs

Happy Wednesday!

Judy - push ups are good arm builders.  Try using 5 lb weights 1-2 a week.    I have nicely built arms, wish I could say the same about the lower half lol.

Carol  - awww, sorry about the MIL situation.  Don't know why some people always have to rain on the parade.  Can't believe how quickly the wedding is going to be here!!

I was a workout machine yesterday ha ha.  I ran 3.5 miles after work with my work buddy (8 for the day) and then went to weight class.  4.1 this am, didn't realize it was raining till I headed outside.  Oh well, the temp was pretty mild.  I wish the entire winter would be like this *sigh*

Hope everyone has an enjoyable day, we are almost halfway to the weekend!

ginnyb

Ran 4 miles this morning and felt okay.  First time in over 2 weeks.  Let's hope that I am over my little slump.

Judy....I am up to 8 lbs for my arms, but I have loose skin, I really don't think anything is going to give me shaped arms, but I know I am stronger and there is a muscle under there somewhere.  Kind of discouraging though.

I made a big mistake and told the Old House Guild , here in Sandusky, that we would be on the Christmas tour of homes.  This means I have to be all decorated by Nov. 30th, since the tour is the 1st and 2nd of December.  A lot of work to do and so little time.  It seems weird to be decorating already, but I have to if I want to get done, feeling overwhelmed and it is my own dumb fault!

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Hi. We are in NC. I drove most of it. Dh is driving now. We should be to the outer banks in a few hours. We left early this am

Gatsby nice pic yesterday

Carol I don't mind racing but my body seems to not want to cooperate. How stressful For DD. Some people fail to realize the wedding is about the bride and groom. Some parents want to control it all and think if they are paying anything they get all the say.

I'm sure your house will be beautiful, Ginny

Marjorie

runlikeagirl18

Hi ladies-

Today was my speedwork day. I did a 2-mile warmup, then 2 x 2miles at HM pace or below with a 1-mile recover, then 1.3 miles to cool down, for a total of 8.3. I beat my goal pace on all but the first fast mile, so I'm hopeful for my half. It was a gorgeous day for it, sunny and cool.

Damaris - I will go back and read your RR. Sorry you had to run in pain.

Gatsby - love the big orange ponchos!

Tessa - as always, my thoughts are with you. Sleep deprivation is so debilitating.

Karen - yay on getting the email to come to your phone! On strengthening the glutes, my chiro specifically suggested bridges. When I'm being good about doing them, which is not now, I do them with an exercise band looped around my knees to add a little resistance.

Judy - I have NO arm strength and am terrible about doing anything for my arms, so I'm no help.

Carol - sorry about the Debbie Downer MIL. Why do people have to take what should be a wonderful occasion for the bride and groom, make it about themselves, and lessen the joy? That's one thing I can say - DH and I loved our wedding and had a great time. But then, all the family cooperated.

Laura - nice double!

Ginny - hang in there, you'll get your mojo back. Good luck with the decorating - I'm sure it will be beautiful!

I've survived 2 days with DH gone! The boys have actually been really cooperative, but it will still be nice to have him back home. Off to shower and do some work. Have a great day-

Cindy

2017 Races: Turkey Strut 5K 11/23, Mistletoe Half Marathon 12/2

runlikeagirl18

Marjorie - cross-posted. I hope you have a nice trip to the OBX even if the race doesn't happen.

Cindy

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Karen ITBS is all core strengthening and balancing muscle length (stretch stretch stretch the hamstrings). So glut abs and hips

Marjorie

runlikeagirl18

I'm sure some of you remember Kate, who used to post with us on RWOL. I just saw on FB that her dad passed away unexpectedly this morning. I thought you might want to keep her and her family in your thoughts.

Cindy