Womens Running

Manic Monday (Over 40) (Read 18 times)

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Post. A dead phone call at 6 am. I hate getting wrong numbers at "emergency" times of day!

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Friday was a cardio/run DVD for 50 minutes.

Saturday was SDO

Sunday I went to the track with a friend. What a difference it is to run when you are rested. It was a great 50 minute run, intervals added. More minutes must come off my sprints, but at least they aren’t killing me to practice them.

Doc visit, work, then hopefully a track run after work today.

Happy runs, All! 

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

LC Runs

Good Morning and welcome to another week *sigh*

4 TM miles.  I also got in a couple of good basement workouts this weekend.

Judy - ugh, I hate those phone calls.  I miss running with my friends, hoping to start up again in a couple of weeks, at least on Sundays.  Marathon training starts in two weeks.

Bikerchick1

Judy - Ugh on the 6 am wake up call.  Enjoy your day!

LCruns -  I am sure you are ready to be done with your basement workouts!  Hoping weather gets better for your impending marathon training!!!  We did 12 on the rail trail yesterday, was smooth sailing - so you and your RB should come on down if you need to for LR's!!!

Today if SRD.  I have my Monday errands and work to do.

Carol

camille2

Good morning!

Sue, I'm sorry about Ben. It's so hard to lose a pet.

Lisa, it surprises me that your DD's friends think you are weird. You seem pretty neat to me.

Carol, enjoy the SRD.

Judy, I had never  heard the term "dead call."

Laura, which marathon plan are you planning to use?

I walked 3.5 mi with a friend yesterday and hip was worse than a niggle this morning, so I'll take a rest day today.  The high was 74 yesterday (after being 10 Wed) but we went early and it was  a little chilly. I drove an hour to a fabric shop's Super Bolt sale and found material for  backing and binding for a couple quilt tops my mom had made a long time ago-a real score! They've been hard to match.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  The weekend was busy but the race was horrible.  I stopped running at Mile 8 and went straight to the car.  It was already 83F at 8am and getting worse.  For a marathon, horrible weather.  So, I quit and I'm not sorry.

A run tonight if the pre-op appointment this afternoon allows it.

judy, I hate those too!  First, you wake up thinking someone died and then you get angry for them waking you up and worrying you.  Ugh.

LC Runs, nice TM miles.

Carol, enjoy the SRD.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Good Morning!  Group Power class this morning.  New instructor in training led the beginning of the class.  She was lost.  Glad when the other instructor came in.  I know she's trying but.......

Have a fun filled Monday!

ginnyb

Happy Monday,

LC....I forgot, where do you live?  I feel your pain with the indoor workouts.  I registered for Cleveland in May and the way this winter is going I guess I am going to have to start using that d@#$ treadmill if I want to start upping the mileage.

Our forecast is for another 6-10 inches of the white stuff starting tomorrow afternoon.  Growing weary of the boots, coats, gloves, icy road conditions and walking around the house with 10 layers of clothing...sigh

Damaris....sorry about the race, but you did the right thing.  I would still like to be able to complain about the heat one of these days, but I understand your frustration too.

Judy...with my son being a police officer, I really hate those "prime time" hangups!

camille....where is your hip bothering you?  I have been getting a niggle in my upper right buttock, feels like a catch, I don't know if that is hip or what, doesn't really hurt just feels like it is out of place kind of....is that vague enough?

Lisa....I wish you and I could get together for a run.  This weather stinks big time!   I even wish I had a TM buddy, even that would help.

Well I guess I better start getting ready for work...I'm on tonight.

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Rest day. At the airport. We are delayed.

Judy watch for for the latest scams. One ring and hang ups. People that call the number back get hit with a $30 charge. I always google an area code if I don't know it

Camille hope it goes away. I know I had days of the hip bothering me. Even now it can be a bit sore. Even though it doesn't hurt to run on it any more.

Marjorie

ginnyb

I forgot!  On a bright note I won a free race registration online with Pacepermile  on facebook!  I never win anything.  They will pay my registration for the Might Niagara Half that I want to do in September...

ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

LC Runs

Carol - ohhh, the rail trail would be fun, haven't run there in forever!

Camille - a rest day sounds like a smart plan.  74 sounds so heavenly right now....

Damaris - I don't blame you, good decision.  I ran a Half a couple of years ago in those conditions and it was miserable - would definitely take this cold over the humidity!

Hi Sue!!

Ginny - I live in Central Michigan, about 50 miles NE of Carol.  I am trying to be optimistic that at least we've made it to February....sigh is right!  That is awesome about the race registration!

Marjorie - hope you are home now and the delay wasn't too bad!

I ran 3 miles on TM after work, followed by a circuit of pushups, abs and wall squats.  I probably could have run outside, the roads are manageable but to be honest, I didn't really think about it until afterward.  It's funny how I get in that TM mindset Jan and Feb.  Not much of a big deal when the mileage is fairly low.

Anonymous Guest

Oh my legs. An hour on the bike after work - interval workout that I am totally feeling in my quads right now.

Really tired now. I don't know how much longer I'll be able to stay awake.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Arimathea

Tessa

Susan, I am sorry for your loss of Ben. Poor old guy. He had a good life with you.

Marjorie, that tile looks really nice!

Vicki, neat picture, where is that in Yellowstone?

Lisa, like that coldwet bench....

waving hello to everyone else.

4 this morning, didn't get a lunch break.

She says that they think I'm weird because we have Gu in our cabinet next to granola bars and snack stuff.

Lisa, it surprises me that your DD's friends think you are weird. You seem pretty neat to me.

Lisa

Ginny-Laura and Carol are North of me... They always have it worse.  Let me know if you see any race down your way coming up.  I am due for a trip to the Cleveland office.  (almost two years here and I haven't been there... overdue)

LC....I forgot, where do you live?  I feel your pain with the indoor workouts.  I registered for Cleveland in May and the way this winter is going I guess I am going to have to start using that d@#$ treadmill if I want to start upping the mileage.

Lisa....I wish you and I could get together for a run.  This weather stinks big time!   I even wish I had a TM buddy, even that would help.

Ginny

Lisa