Womens Running

Ahh..FREAK OUT...FRIYAYS! (DAILIES) (Read 16 times)

LC Runs

Yay for Friyay!

4.5 miles this morning, I timed it well because, even though it was windy, it really picked up after I finished.  Also had a massage today, so relaxing!!

Hoping to get a couple of good runs in this weekend, meeting a friend tomorrow morning.  BF's birthday is tomorrow so we'll probably go out to dinner and a movie.

Lizzie - whoo hoo, so exciting!  Will you be working from home all of the time or just certain days?  So long, MAMMEL!!

Susan - congrats on the new house!!!

Damaris - have a good 6!

Half K - OMG I just LOL'd about the commercial guy and his shorts!!

Sandy - our snow is finally melting!!  Have a great weekend!

Tessa - I like "Douchcanoe"!, definitely going to need to use that one! 

Docket_Rocket

Well, he is there and...  Husband: how much were the MRIs?  $200.  Well, they say it's $1240.  Texted back: They are wrong.  Have them call the plan.  Husband: They say it costs more at the beginning of the year because of the deductible.  Texted back: WE HAVE NO FUCKING DEDUCTIBLE.  Husband: OK, I canceled, but they already charged me even though I didn't sign and pressed canceled.  Texted back:  WTF.  Get a refund.  Husband: They don't know how.  WTF %*^@#*^$^^%*^%(

Whoever is in that section of the hospital is a fucking idiot.  Even his MRIs during and after the surgery cost less than $300.  And now, here I am waiting online refreshing Citicards waiting for a fucking refund of $1240.  Told him not to leave the place without it.  Now the MRI is delayed for who knows how many weeks. 

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Anonymous Guest

Post and run from me today. I ran 5 this morning and it was so nice out. I was supposed to run at 9:20 pace, but I decided to try out my Nike 4% shoes and I swear, my legs didn't want to slow down! I just felt really good out there, so turned it into a marathon pace run. Then did a kettlebell workout, where halfway through he said "this is really doing a lot with your glutes, you're definitely going to feel this tomorrow." So yeah, I'm racing a 5K in the morning after two pretty dumb day-before workout choices.

Liz, congratulations! You survived the job from hell (well, not the job itself, but the mammel). So happy for you as you start the new job.

Damaris, holy crap on the mixup with the MRI.

Sandy, hope you're already home (or at HH) watching basketball. How about UC Irvine, eh? Okay, that's the extent of my tournament knowledge for now.

DH is pretty happy with his new job after week 1, although he complained that he had to go into the office every single day. He still went just a half day once, and came home early twice... but he says so far he's interested in what he's doing and that makes all the difference in the world.

I convinced at least 5 of my baby runners to do this little 5K tomorrow. We may all podium - it's a first ever event by a high school to support the XC team and there hasn't been a lot of publicity as far as I can tell. But it's close to home and they say they have a professional timing company, plus the route is the same as has ben used for other 5Ks so the course should be the right length.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Seloc

Karen - yasss!  KS State killed by bracket. I had them going to the Elite 8. Oh well. That’s what March Madbess is all abt. I still cheer for Big10 even though I pick them to lose haha. Good luck to you and all the baby Runner’s in the 5K tmrw!  Can’t wait to read abt it. And dang sounds like some sweet speedy shoes.

Lizzie - you survived the Mammel!!  Woohoo!!  We all knew there was something better out there for you. Huge HUGE year this 2019 is shaping up to be!!  Excited to keep following along.

Tessa - ahhhh snow or no snow it is verrrry difficult for me to get a sun burn in MN. Hooray for baby kit kat season!!

Waves to everyone else. Back to beer and basketball!!  🏀🏆🙌

Post and run from me today. I ran 5 this morning and it was so nice out. I was supposed to run at 9:20 pace, but I decided to try out my Nike 4% shoes and I swear, my legs didn't want to slow down! I just felt really good out there, so turned it into a marathon pace run. Then did a kettlebell workout, where halfway through he said "this is really doing a lot with your glutes, you're definitely going to feel this tomorrow." So yeah, I'm racing a 5K in the morning after two pretty dumb day-before workout choices.

LOL, this is me. Kettle bells this morning, hilly 35k tomorrow.  But I only ran 3 miles today so I'm going to crush my race tomorrow.    Small local event s are the best -- great that you and your runners are supporting the high school!

Lizzie, Yay yay yay for moving on to new opportunities!  But we'll miss the updates on mammel and his pants.  Do you follow PBS on FB?  They had a post about people involving pets in wedding ceremonies.  Made me think of you!

Damaris, WTF on the insurance screw-up!  Like health issues aren't stressful enough.  Guessing someone neglected to notice that you have insurance.

Seloc, although I'm not big on March Madness, I do eyeball the scores to see if there are any good Cinderella stories.  I have to root for UC Irvine since it's a Univ. of California school that doesn't have much else going for it.  Which team was it that had the nun at courtside last year?  I'm too lazy to google it.  

LC, nice run and massage.  Happy BD to your BF!

CrazySue, so exciting about moving into the new house!  And getting new stuff!

HCK, AWKWARD on the news guy's junk.

Judy, nice cross training with the books.

Tessa, some people on Nextdoor really do get in a bunch about stuff, don't they.  Surprised that the moderators (admins?  not sure what they're called) didn't delete that post.  Personal insults usually get yanked from Nextdoor here.

I'm heading out about 5:15 tomorrow to drive up to Auburn for my race.  Been raining there for the past couple of days, and more rain in the forecast for tomorrow.  Temps in high 40s.  Fun!?

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR