Womens Running

Memorial MONDAYS! (DAILIES) (Read 18 times)

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Post em'

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

8.3 for me. I did 4x .30/.10 rest. Heading to Core class soon.

Good run considering it was 72 degrees. Switched it up a little bit with the speed. I was also testing my foot - it was cranky after running "long" on Friday. A little cranky now but not too bad. All in all was a good run.

We ended up getting together with my cousin yesterday. Glad we did. The crabs were "ok"..not real big, but it was fun to hang out and have a few drinks and pick at crabs. Not sure what is going on today. I think HCF wants to go see his parents..I was hoping we could have a day to ourselves! Hasn't happened in a while. I may have to do some work today as well...blah. Also have to wash the sheets because Ruger threw up in the bed last night! Yuck.

Lori - I am so impressed by you. You run/walk all the miles - I hope you don’t feel too down about the race, most of us on the forum are in awe of you!

Kilmisters - WOW. Congratulations on the race!! You did so good! A well earned beer!!

Docket - Hope you had a good run!

Susan - AWESOME! Great job on the race!! Thought of you yesterday - my cousin does duathlon’s. She was telling us about her next one.

Karen - Hope you had a good time extroverting yesterday!!

Kathryn - WOOO! Awesome job!! Congratulations SmileLOL - I am with Lisa, your vest was like 7-11!

Run4kupcakes - Nice miles for you!

Margaret - Glad the cold isn’t too bad. Hopefully its gone by the 100K this weekend! Luckily I don’t have to deal with the insurance stuff.  My company is just more part of the first response team since we are technically the building managers. It moves to project management now for restoration. Though, a lot went wrong during the fire that I have to look into today and tomorrow. Don’t think places will be open today! As for how it started, they think a lightening strike hit the gas meter behind the branch! What are the freakin odds?

Lisa - The Belgian Feather Game looks fun!! How far are you going today?? I guess I will find out soon Smile

Okay. I am off to the gym soon! Have a great day everyone!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Racers, you did an awesome job!

Friday was 45 minutes running, 15 fast walking and 15 spinning again. In the afternoon, DC and I did 2 hours of volunteer work. I also got a good box that I can put behind my back on the bike. The legs only go so far. I need farther. HA!

Saturday was SDO but 2 hours of yard work down at DC’s house.

Sunday Buddy and I did 50 minutes out the trail. It was cool but moist. We saw the biggest osprey on a pole close to the nest.

Today will be running inside with the TV. Also XT. I don't adore XT. 

Happy exercise, All ! 

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Advil, dental floss, batteries, bandaids, salt chews, moleskin, flashlight, GU chews, granola bar.  I think that is it

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have 5 miles tonight.

Liz, nice run.

Judy, nice job this weekend.

Kat, great job on the race. That is a lot of stuff in one vest!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

dhuffman63

Trails

Not my Possum but Kat was spectacular...she did so well.

I started the day with a headache that the advil didn't touch...right after I told Kat to go on I started getting a migraine that caused me to start throwing up and tunnel vision...made it to the 10 mile AS and told them I was dropping.  They had the lady driving the van come by as she was refilling the AS's and I got a ride back.  Napped in Kat's car for a few hours which helped some but still felt like curling up and dying.  I've not had a bad migraine in years so not sure if it was cause I had no coffee for 2 days and the heat that caused it.  No biggie, it is what it is.  I'll keep that in mind for the next couple.

Docket_Rocket

Good call, Diane. Feel better.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LC Runs

Happy Memorial Day!

5 miles for me (4 yesterday) - most of the run was good but I struggled the last mile, I am not used to running in the 60's yet!  LOL

Spent the day yesterday at BF's Dad/Stepmom's summer place on the lake, took a nice pontoon ride and had some ribs for dinner.  I like going there, it's only about a 45 minute drive and it's fun to hang out.  Today we are home, maybe going to get some plants to put in and then probably grill some hamburgers.  We thought about getting tix to the minor league baseball team (they play in Carol's town) but didn't really want to deal with the traffic.

Lizzie - nice run!!  Your day yesterday sounds like fun.  Hope you get a quiet day at home today (but if not, have fun with the in laws)!

Judy - sounds like a fun and productive weekend!

Kat - GREAT JOB!!

Elina - congrats to you, too!  Sounds like you deserved that beer!

Damaris - have a great 5 miles!

Diane - I am in awe you made it 10 miles feeling the way you did!  Hope you are feeling better soon!

Anonymous Guest

Diane, migraines in the heat are no joke. That had to have been miserable. Sorry it wasn't your day.

10K this morning was fun. It was hot - 74 with a dew point of 70 at the start, and then it got sunny, steamy and miserable. I went out slower than a normal 10K, but not quite as slow as I planned. Slowed down the second half and ended up averaging about the pace I thought I should have been running. The course was short, and honestly, when I saw the 5K turnaround too soon, I was hoping the 10K course was going to be short too. I hit a "1 mile to go" sign when my watch hit 5 miles, and since there were no women near me at that point, I eased up a little since I was really just racing for place since the course wasn't the right length. I finished 4th overall, first in my age group. Since there were only 2 in my age group, I was more excited about my overall placement than the AG. It's nice to be old - my two friends are both in their 30s and their age group had like 15 in it. There were only 60-70 people total in the 10K.

Post-race pic - it cracks me up that my friend Heather is showing off her medal, while I'm holding.....a donut. People liked my shirt, you can't read it with my medal but it says "I'm nicer after running."

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Docket_Rocket

Great job on your race, Karen!

Damaris

Fundraising Page