Womens Running

LAST WORKING MONDAY OF 2012, DIVAS! (Read 209 times)

TXAginMS

Morning ladies!! I'm alive!!

RR: HA! I havent ran since my half on the 9th. I plan on doing a slow run today with the group while they do hills I'm gonna run around them. I need to nurse this injury and I'm still coughing from NRR. 

NRR: I came down with the flu last week and it knocked me on my butt for 5 days! It was horrible. I had 102 fever the entire time. I can't remember the last time I was that sick. I finally feel human again and I"m back at work today. I hope everyone is doing great. I don't have time for personals right now as I'm catching up here at work from my time off but I will try to get back on later and catch up on everyone.

athenaofamerica

Good morning DIVAs! 

I have 5.5 more work days left this year (and one from home so that doesn't really count, LOL)! I'm hoping we get either a half day or a free day off for Xmas Eve (it's happened before). Fingers crossed!

RR: DP and I had an awesome 15.75-mile hike yesterday! I posted pics on FB. The mud was causing us a lot of grief, though. It was that sticky kind that just adheres to your boots and makes every step twice as difficult because your feet weigh 5-10 pounds each! It took us 2 hours longer than I anticipated because we had to go so slowly and then stop so often to clean mud off our feet. It was a lot of fun, though. Now I have a taste of what longer hiking is going to feel like - we have a lot of work to do! LOL!

NRR: Back to the grind and all that.... so glad I'm going to the chiropractor today. My upper body is still sore from the BOSU, etc on Friday! Here I was thinking all ambitiously that I could do it every other day but apparently I need more time in between until I get stronger. I had a great massage on Saturday but everything is still sore! We are having our Xmas with the kiddo on Sunday so I have been wrapping gifts... and most or all of DP's stuff will be coming in today's FedEx/UPS/mail so I'll be having a wrapping bonanza tonight. Woohoo!

I have to get a report done so I'll try to check  back in later! Hugs to all of you!

San Francisco Marathon (Worth the Hurt™), June 16

Napa Valley Inline Marathon, July 14

NorCal

Good morning ladies! 

Sassy- G sounds like such a joy! Gush on, mama! I'm glad your project will be done before the holidays so you can relax and enjoy. 

Tex- What a nasty flu, glad you're feeling better finally! You poor thing! 

PO- I haven't watched the news much and am only reading a very little bit. It's just too depressing. Sad 

Lizo- Hope work goes by quickly! 

Athena- Dang, girl, that's a long hike to take on! But sounds FUN! 

RR. Had a fantastic, HILLY, 8 miler with the group yesterday. We broke up into 2 groups (faster/slower) and that helped a lot so we didn't have to stop and wait for the back of the pack runners so much. Today is REST. 

NRR. Two BIG wins in football yesterday- Packers BEAT the Bears and the Niners BEAT the Pats! WOOHOO! Today, working from home, making soup for the week (African peanut soup with kidney beans and sweet potatoes), and preparing for the week. 

Humboldt Redwoods Half Marathon 10.20.2013 

Tiburon by the Bay Half Marathon 11.3.2013 (My Birthday!) 

Napa Valley Full Marathon 3.2.2013

PRs: 

Half: 1:48

Full: 4:34

RunLikeTheWind23

I'm quite convinced that I have the most amazing students ever! They threw me a "good luck" party today! We just got done with bagels and juice Smile <3 them!

lizo_77

rltw: I was thinking of you this morning and wondering how close surgery was. yay! four days!!

monk: boo about the coming snow storm! hope it ends up being barely existent!

dona: way to go on the 9 miles! I feel it's been a long time since I did a long run over 5. the running streak started at the beginning of november, and I'm running every day no matter the distance through the end of the year. I missed four days as I was sick for a couple of weeks, but since, it's been great!

outwest: way to go getting to over 1000 miles!!! My goal is over 900. it would be the most I've ever done in a year. glad you're feeling more back to normal and you got some needed rest this weekend.

later!

SassySparky

Hey ladies! No time for personals but 

RLTW - your class sounds like a great group of kids.  I'm so glad you are getting the surgery this week!

I'll be running my first full, the Richmond Marathon on November 16, 2013!

taylorma1

Lizo-yay for leaving for Indiana soon!

Monk-sounds like you had a very productive albeit busy weekend. Hope the storm isn’t too bad so you can get out of town this week

Meli-I know, that was so sad what happened this weekend

RLTW-woooo for surgery this week!!!

Klm-nice job on the spin class. I love those!

Outwest-great job on the mileage!

Tex-oh no! I am glad you have recovered from the flu. Hope you can get back to running soon

Athena-I saw some of those pics. Looks like it was a great hike!

Norcal-wow, that African soup sounds delicious. I have never heard of it before