Womens Running

Wonderful Wednesday Coolness (Over 40) (Read 18 times)

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Snug up before you post.  Big grin

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Friday I did 45 minutes on the track, some of it with a friend who is faster than I am. I did 40 minutes of cardio DVD at home. DS arrived safely.

Saturday was SDO for running, but I did 45 minutes of cardio DVD.

Sunday I did 60 minutes out on the trail and in the park. At the end of my run, I found Sunday Buddy walking up the trail toward me carrying a cold sports drink. It was so humid that I looked upon him as a rescuing Saint Bernard. We got crossed up but next week we will connect for sure.

Monday I had to get some brake fluid for the car, but finally did 35 minutes of cardio DVD at home.

Today I plan a short track run, then cardio DVD at home.

Happy runs, All! :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

LC Runs

Hi Ladies!

I can't remember if I posted on Monday evening and too lazy to check lol.  15k trail run on Labor Day - 1:29:58, 2nd female, 10/20 overall (small field).  Was very pleased with that, it was through trails, two tracks and very hilly pastures.  DBF ran the 5k and finished 1st in his age group.  Hasn't run more than 5 times in 2 years and pulled out a 25:11 - grrrr, men!Big grin

Tuesday, I went to my weight class, then ran 1.2 miles right afterward, egads my legs were jello!

5 miles this  morning, such a nice day here.

Judy - you continue to have great workouts!

Tessa - continued thoughts and prayers

Marjorie - so glad Hammy doesn't need surgery

Carol - welcome home!

Karen - great job on the marathon!

Hello to everyone, I only skimmed yesterday's thread so I'm going from memory, I know I missed lots.

Job update - I know they called my references yesterday, so it's looking promising.  I have my resignation letter ready lol!

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  8 miles tonight.  Hubby attempted to run yesterday and ran 2 painless miles.

Tessa, you are a strong woman.  Continued hugs.

judyruns, nice workouts.

LC Runs, nice trail race.  Congrats.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Good Morning!  Group Power class today went well.

The yarn came to finish my sweater last night and then the heavens opened up and poured all evening so I knitted and didn't go back out for a run.  But I did finish the sweater!  Smile

Tessa--I hope today is a better day for you.  You really are such a strong person.  Hugs for you!

Wow Laura--great race!  Fingers crossed on the job.

Judy--send a little "sweater weather" down here.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

11.2 miles again today

Tessa it is hard and it is okay to be angry, annoyed, cry, laugh etc.  you will go through every possible emotion. It is also hard as the man you married is not the same now. No one wants to go through this.  Hate so much you have to.

We've had a lot of pop up storms too, Sue

Hope you get positive news Laura

Marjorie

camille2

I ran about 3.5 yesterday, pretty hard.  I've been leaving the Garmin behind (too discouraging), so at least I could tell myself it was hard and fast.  LOL.  The weather yesterday was in the 50's and raining...sunny...raining with wind. Typical fall, I'm told. .

Laura, I'm crossing my fingers that you'll get great news today.

Marjorie, it sure sounds like your runs are going great.

Tessa, Marjorie said it well....I hate that you're going thru this.  Maybe a big sign in hubby's room saying something like...You can go home when: you can transfer to a commode, move yourself in bed...or whatever.  Just searching for a useful idea...Good luck, Tessa.

Karen, great job on the marathon! That's impressive without a taper.  Sounds like a nice visit. I hope you feel better today.

I have to get my thyroid reck then have a day of waiting ahead...waiting for the furnace guy to do annual service, then waiting for cable guy, who's probably going to say the TV is broken. It's <1 year old. Hope he finds something else. I'm also sorting stuff I brought from storage (pics, including slides, fishing gear, warm clothes)  in Fairbanks...I refuse to pay storage again. I leave next Mon  night. I'm hoping a doc in Atlanta will treat the hives more aggressively...five months of  itching is enough.

Hi to everyone else!

Arimathea

Tessa

Congratulations Laura on the great race!

Susan, it seems a little ironic that you are knitting a sweater when it willl be months before a sweater is needed. Congratulations on finishing it, though.

Thanks Marjorie for the kind words.

Damaris, glad DH managed to run painlessly.

Camille, you are getting ready to go south for the winter? Hope the cable guy doesn't say the TV is broken. Would it still be under guarantee?

Today is Wednesday, but RN and I got together anyway. Same route I did yesterday, 4 miles. No coyote sighting but we did see an owl.

And I walked to the bus stop 2 miles away because that way I could get to the last stop on the commuter line. If I'd taken the bus that stops near my house I would have been very late. As it was I was 40 minutes later than usual. I think I need another shower, but that will have to wait until lunchtime.

I could have taken the van to the park & ride, but then I would have to figure out how to get two vehicles home. And no, driving one and towing the other is NOT an option. Easier to take the bus to the dealership and drive my car home.

Excruciatingly hot again here. The AC has not been switched off for days.  And DH already called and yelled and swore at me because I refuse to go and bring him home.

This situation sucks royally.

camille2

Oh Tessa, hugs to you.

Good news here! It was the power strip. I decided to try one more time and just changed the plug to the wall. The strip light is on and the TV light would go on, then cut off. I've cancelled service call and am free now.

ginnyb

Oh Tessa...... like Marjorie, I hate that you are going through all this.  Sounds a lot like what my Dad and I went through.  Hugs to you!

On a surprising note, and not one that I quite believe, my garmin stated that I ran my last mile lap this morning at a 9:30 pace!  Not sure that can be true, I was pushing it, but still.......very interesting.  It was a  little over 3 mile run.  Anyway, gives me something to think about today.

LC....great race, congratulations!

Going out to dinner tonight with a dear friend, looking forward to it...

Oh, and believe it or not, work was good today!

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Bikerchick1

Hi All,

Tessa - (((hugs)))  you are right, the situation sucks Sad    Please take care of yourself...

Ginny - Woohoo, I am sure your Garmin is not lying!

Camille - Doesn't seem possible it is time for you to head south again!  Time sure flew.

LCruns - Sounds like a fun race!  Good luck on the job situation.

Judy - Too funny on the run buddy with the sports drink - rescuing St. Bernard Smile

Damarias - When is Chicago?

Marjorie - Nice job on the 11.2!  I wish I could knock out those kind of miles without being tired..

Did 5 today...and some work around the house.  Back to work tomorrow after almost 2 weeks off.....Cry....

Carol