Womens Running

(Over 40) weekend is here (Read 22 times)

Hey!  Too busy to post yesterday.  Did 5.5 miles of intervals yesterday morning, then went to a group core training session with the coach.  It is nice to have someone show you exactly how an exercise works and what  your range of motion should be.  And it was fun too.  Came home and made two batches of marmalade.  I was beat!

This morning did 13.1 with the group.  More marmalade awaits.  I picked a 5 gallon bucket of kumquats before the big freeze.  Now gotta do something with them.  I should have my head examined.

Hope Damaris and Karen had a great Goofy weekend.

Have a great day everyone!!

Good morning!  I didn't run today but helped out at a fun run organized by some new workout friends from my exercise class.  It was only about a dozen people divided up into bike/run teams, so sort of a "nano-race" since it was so small, but lots of fun.  Unfortunately I have to go into the office today since the upcoming week will be busy and I'm trying to get a head start.

Karen and Damaris, hope your race today went well!

CrazySue, you're having a busy weekend between all of the exercise and marmalade.

LC, did you do the fusion class?  7 miles plus  class would make me pretty pooped.

Ginny, glad you're able to get back out there again.  Boo on the work scheduling issue -- sort of rude to drop that change on you without asking first.

Carol, how did the hip do on your run today?

Camille, you quilters have your own language, don't you!  Fast quilts?  Layer cakes?  Haha.

Hi to everyone else.  Enjoy the day!

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Anonymous Guest

About to board so this will be quick. Had an absolute blast this morning at Disney. More later.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

16.5 miles. Hip is officially healed. I could have done more. Pace isn't back but I really don't care much. Just running is important.

Ginny good you are coming back. Crazy they switch you schedule and don't even ask!

Hope Karen and Damaris had fun

edit glad Karen had fun!

Gatsby nice race!

Camille glad you enjoyed the class.

Carol hope the hip is healing

Laura hope you get to fusion.

Marjorie

Laura-hope you can fuse yourself to fusion class.

Ginny-she'ssss backkkk.  Glad to have you feeling better.  Sunny today so that certainly helps. Have fun with the PT tomorrow and working nights.

Carol-the "Irish Double"??  I'd say to give it a shot... make that two! LOL  Or were you talking about some sort of a race?

Camille-we were especially warm today too!  about 38 when I went out for my run this morning.  Hard to believe a week ago was blizzard then sub-zero temps.

Gatsby-forget running a race to make someone jealous....your trail run did it for me!  DD isn't there for a race, she's just 25, had points for a free ticket if she went this weekend and went to Miami to visit friends.

Karen-enjoy the rest of Disney!  you've earned sitting by the pool time with non-chain ice cream brought to you by a pool boy, I'd say.

Linda-enjoy the sports weekend!!

Damaris-congrats on your Goofy fun too!

5.7 miles today along Hines Drive, including the part with our big hill.  Walked here and there but overall good!  I guess for those who said it would be 6 months....you were right.  Seems like a heck of a lot longer than 6 months though, probably to all of you with my whining. Still not perfect but pretty darn good.

Lisa

Bikerchick1

Marjorie - Glad to hear your hip is better!!! woohoo....

LisaMMR - It is so awesome to see you posting about a run!!!!  Jenny and I are planning on doing that Half on Poto trail, maybe 2 other of our week-end run group may come as well!  Irish double is the 8k followed by the 5k at St. Pat's race in Bay City Smile

Had a great 6 miler today...I am so happy....I was starting to worry about my hip.  It did ok.  Icey conditions though, 1 RB fell in the parking lot, and one fell on the road...no injuries, but bad black ice.  Came home and finished painting the LR/DR.  We started, and DH is so sick with an URI he couldn't finish.  HIs lungs sound like rice crispies (snap/crackle with wheezing)....hoping he doesn't have pneumonia.  Saw his doc tuesday and on meds, but not getting better.  UGH.

Carol

LC Runs

Sue - wow, those are some awesome workouts!

Hi Gatsby - boo to having to work today!  I did do Fusion today, haven't been there since Xmas Eve (a lot of that has to do with them re-arranging/cancelling some classes due to the holiday).  It was a good workout, going to try and get there tomorrow.  I find if I run first, it's not bad, it is really tough to run afterward as my legs are jello.  Would probably be good for Tri training.

Karen - saw your FB post - great job (as always)!!

Marjorie - yes, I would say with 16+ miles, your hip is doing better...yeah!!

Lisa - wasn't today nice?   I probably could have run outside later in the day (once the sun came out).  Fabulous 5.7 woot woot!!

Carol - glad your hip behaved, nice 6!  I checked out the Crim site after you posted, sheesh they have a lot of choices!  I don't know how they keep track of it all.

Potato soup in the crock pot for dinner, yum!  The name of the recipe is "Stupid Easy Potato Soup" so I'm assuming even I can't screw it up lol

Arimathea

Tessa

Did a nice 14 yesterday, not too hilly -- I had to get back to get some chores done at home and then head downtown with DS. A vendor invited some contacts to go ice skating on the outdoor rink at Pershing Square, a downtown park. I haven't skated in years but I do know how. DS has rarely skated. We had a blast -- the rink was tiny but there weren't nearly as many people there as there had been in December, apparently. One fall, now I have a green and purple elbow.

And I was a little taken aback when a woman leaned over the rail and asked me if I would take her daughter around the rink a few times. Apparently her daughter had never skated and was terrified of falling and her mom wanted her to try letting go of the rail -- mom was not wearing skates, not sure if she didn't want to spend the money or she couldn't skate either. So daughter, about 9, and I went around and around for a few minutes, then daughter decided to sit down for a while. Thinking about that, would you have asked a complete stranger to assist your child in a situation like that?

I had a blast, though. I can skate fast going forward, spent some time practicing backwards skating. I should get on the ice more often. Wish it wasn't so spendy...

6.6 miles this morning before WW and church. I'm still up above goal+2, but weight's heading in the right direction. Down.

Camille, your quilting clas sounds like fun -- I am not a fast quilter, I tend to take my time. I'm also a hand piecer and quilter and that does not equal fast!

Karen, safe travels. Damaris, how'd it go?

30s, slushy, muddy in Michigan -- you sure it's not March, Lisa, Laura, Carol, and others?

Ginny, how annoying to have your shift switched without warning.

Marjorie, sorry about the car repairs. My dad had a Jag for a while and I think it spent more time in the shop than on the road. Congratulations on the adoption anniversary.

Gatsby, that sounds like a fun trail race!

Susan, yum on  the marmalade. What do you do with it all?

Carol, I hope DH is better soon.

Linda, enjoy the sports weekend.

I can see the light at the end of the fabric tunnel. I don't have that many more bins to wash. And I am NOT ironing it all before I put it in its bins. However, I do have several bags of fabric my mother gave me, so those need to be washed and then filed appropriately. No more fabric buying for a while!