Womens Running

Taper Wednesdailies (Read 26 times)

dhuffman63

Trails

Kat I guess woo boy howdy is here to stay...lol.  Sorry for the pain.

Sue that plantar stuff sounds awful.  Mine had never really gone away...some days are better than others but mostly I just ignore it.  Having had migraines and still needing to go to work you learn how to ignore pretty much anything.

Tessa/Sandy, I like to talk to people too.  There have been times on the road races I'll be chatting away and then notice they have ear buds in...oh well their loss....lol.  Lisa talked to me almost the entire Hawk and I loved it.  I was able to mostly forget all the things that hurt.

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Kitchen disposal – we have it…but we also have one on four legs..Ruger.

WHAT AN AWFUL DAY. I swear…I almost quit today. I will just give a short summary – people asking me for a million things at once – We had survey’s done about each of us a few weeks ago..and I got my results back. MAMMEL’s responses show since he is my manager..O.M.G. He is the biggest lying sack of s*&^ I have ever met. EVER. Meaning…he wrote things down that he has told me to my face I do well at. I am accepting of things that I need to work on, but give it to me straight. Don't lie to my face about it. I can’t. I just can’t with him.

I may try and run after work if I am feeling up to it..but it feels like a$%hole outside so I probably won’t. Will do the 5-6 tomorrow and call it a wrap.

Not sure about shorts or capris now for the race. Not because of temperature…but because I don’t want the shorts sticking to me the entire race in the rain! Capris would be more comfortable…I am still deciding.

I need to run long.

Judy – I hope our rain clears today, too! Glad you had fun golfing! I could never get into the game!

Susan – Oh no! Sorry about the foot! I self-diagnose all the time using google! Are you going to stop running until the 17th? OH NO on BF’s ship!!! Glad everyone is okay.

Diane – I hate how you have PERFECT weather right now. I would love that! WOOHOO on the flooring. Good point about the Hammy…sigh. I try to ignore when I have to pee during my run, too! Sometimes it goes away..but other times…haha you have to stop.

Sandy – I am hiding in a corner. LOL. No, thank you for that. I need to be yelled at sometimes! I am super hard on myself constantly so taking it easy or giving myself a day off is HARD. So, thank you! I needed that. Gu huh? Ugh that stuff tears my stomach up. I eat M&ms, gummy bears, and animal crackers. I like to enjoy my food. LOL. I am weird. He lived there up until he was in high school – then actually went back for a few years after he graduated then moved back here! Holy crap!!! NICE workout this morning! That sounds hard haha. Oh man, 39 is PERFECT marathon weather..the crisp air..ahhhh. Jealous. Heat? I can send you some if you want? Hahaha. I am so jealous of your weather right now.

Cathy – Oh no!!! I am sorry about your day! And the dermatologist - Sad Good news that it is benign and I guess its better to be safe than sorry. Ugh. I hope your day is getting better! Thanks for the percentage comment about the run today Smile I know it I am just super hard on myself. I am all up in the air about wardrobe now! How can one not like to get up at 2:30am to run?! Smile

Lori – Wow!! Congrats on a great run!! WOOOHOOO!!! Rainy runs are always the best..I stand by that statement.

Docket – I think you have the right to be lazy Smile

Kathryn – I will have to look into the tracking. I figured they would! Sorry about the knot in the hammy..I know how you are feeling! Glad your toenail is feeling a bit better!

Tessa – You guys have me lost on the equations! What the what?! Good luck at class tonight!

Blah. I have to go to Walmart to get thermometers. Fun stuff.

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Docket_Rocket

Kathryn, I have another one Sunday. As in THIS SUNDAY.  LOL.  I was doing that cramping out of nowhere thing too yesterday.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Seloc

Cathy – aw, man, sorry for the crappy start to the day!!  HOPEFULLY it was all uphill from there.  OMG on Mr. Math fast coworker (wait, is this the same person or two different?) running at 3pm all the time!  Different strokes for different folks and all but in the heat??  Sure, you can call me Ms. Math but I’m not even going to attempt DDs challenge question LOL

Lori – high five, fast girl!  AWESOME run this morning!!

Damaris – ummmmm not lazy.  You need to rest!  And OMG, I didn’t realize you have ANOTHER this weekend.  Hooooweeee

Kat – ouch ouch ouch on the hammie!  Take it easy, girl.  Gotta get to MCM in one piece!!  Glad you slept better last night.  Yeah, I’m trying to stay away from the weather stalking until Monday.  We will see how that works.  I’m tellin ya, I’ve got thick northern blood!  But, okay, my legs were sort  chilly this morning…

Tessa – I like striking up conversations, too.  Fun to meet people and learn their story.  No, we aren’t staying at the Hilton – why, did it get burned up?  We have a room at some smaller place DT (? – if that’s a thing) Napa.  I forget the name.  Fun you get the kit kats another week!

Diane – I’ve done the same!  Chatting with folks (or, trying to) that have earbuds in.  At Bis I started looking for them first haha

Lizzie – OH NO on the awful day!  Now I’m sorry I yelled at you.  But, I really hope you can just take the rest day.  Like everyone else has said – hay is in the barn and you will benefit more from rest than 4miles.  I only really REALLY started to believe that after my Bis taper.  It was extreme.  And, I never felt so good in a marathon.  You are VERY hard on yourself, girl!  Mammel really is an asshat.  Hmmm – that is a dilemma shorts vs. capris for race.  Do you have any bike style shorts that are tight?  You DO need to run long – and you WILL very soon.  Hang in there, Chica!

Boss bought lunch today and it was delish!  Anyone ever been to a place called Freshii?  I had never heard of it.  Really good fresh food (duh, I guess haha).  Ran into a guy I used to work with about 10 years ago so that was fun, too.  We will try to do lunch one of these days.  Ready to skip out of here pretty soon.  Looking forward to a relaxing night.

Arimathea

Tessa

Lizzie, SPAZ DOWN. It will be OK. You do not need to run long when you will be running long on Sunday. Channel your (completely justifiable) fury with Mammel into the run. Every strike of your foot on the asphalt is grinding his weaselly face into the roadway. Every time you spit, guess who's the target? And when you use the portapotty...well, I'll leave that to your imagination.

I would wear shorts but probably not very loose ones that would be flapping around my legs. I don't like capris, though.

Sandy, yes, the Hilton did burn down. Hope they do go on with the race. (And most of the grape crop was already in!)

Diane, one advantage to everyone wearing earbuds, nobody can hear you pass gas. Not to imply that any of us would ever do such a thing...

Damaris, which one this weekend?!

4.25 this lunch. I have a couple of things I have to get out before leaving for class.

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

I am back for personals. I am starting to know who you all are. I hope I don't miss anyone.

Elina....wooot woot for Amsterdam this weekend. Is this the first race for mini-k?

Camille...I hope you get all the health issues sorted out for your mom. I remember doing this with my dad. It is hard.

Lizzie....add me to the list who say missing one run won't hurt. It might even do good with the grouchy hamstring. I am sure it is taper madness though. Especially with the work irritants.

Judy...I love trail running. Good job on the trails

Sue...I hope this plantar fibroma thingie heals quickly. Best to nip it in the bud

Diane...I find those temperatures ideal. :O

Seloc....that workout seems like a tough one. I really really really do need to start some sort of cross-training regime.

Cathy....I am sorry today is not going well. I hope it gets better and that tomorrow is stellar.

Damaris....the rest is probably best. Watch for the forecast for Sunday. With the rain and wind forecasted you may want to wear something more than a tank

Kathryn....woo boy howdy? I would have been throwing f-bombs all over the place. Glad it is feeling better

Tessa....how many felions do you typically foster? (yes, I typed felion. When DD2 was little I called her cat a feline and she thought I said felion. The word stuck)

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Lori, woo boy howdy was Diane's saying and I absolutely love it.  But indeed, that isn't what I was saying, F bombed away, loudly.

Damaris, THIS weekend?  Crazy lady.

Lizzie, Mammel is a douche nozzle to use Katie's words.  Maybe I should come up with one of my own...

Half hour more at work.  Have a good night all.

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

Docket_Rocket

Yeah, Detroit. I'm running Detroit.

6 miles done!

Lizzie, you'll be fine!

Bertha, I wear a tank in the 30s so I think it should be OK.  I might bring arm warmers at the start, but unless it gets colder than 40F with rain, I should be fine. Smile

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Half Crazy K 2.0

Productive evening. Got the bulk of the dishes from the dishwasher hand washed. Ordered the new dishwasher. And got in 4 miles in the rain.

Kilmisters, hopefully the European weather forecasters are no better than the US ones and you get cooler weather for your half.

Camille, cute story about your GS. At mile 25, he may learn some new words though....

Lizzie,  missing one run has zero impact. No sense in trying to run through a possible injury or storms at this point. Oh, and I really miss having one of the 4 legged kitchen helpers. I wouldn't have needed to soak the plates are long. Your job situation sounds awful. Managing 101 is never put something in a review you haven't discussed with an employee.

Judy Runs, nice trail runs & golfing.

CrazySue, sounds painful. Are you able to see if the podiatrist can fit you in if there are cancellations?

DHUffman, jealous of your temps. I am usually freezing, like under a blanket in summer, but running I get really warm. I've started wearing less clothing, even in the cold, but I am not yet to shorts & a tank in 40s.

Seloc, that sounds like a tough workout. Is the 62 the temp in your house?  I'd be frozen.

Turtles, sorry your day has sucked.

BerthaSlayer, nice run! Has to feel good when things come together like that.

Docket, you're not lazy, your recovering/tapering.

KatS, any chance there is a blister under the nail or close to under the nail? I had numerous ones that weren't really noticeable after my full, aside from super sore toes. Instant relief when I did home surgery with a pin.

Arimathea, DH has to deal with the time differences, plus being in IT, often things have to go into production overnight (at least in the US), so there is the occasional 4am phone call. Every single time it scares the living shit out of me, hearing the home phone ring at the hour, the only thing I can think is someone is dead or dying.

HuronHeart

Busy day today, only time for an easy 30 minute run. Better than nothing but not as good as I wish. Darn job interferes with all my fun.

Carol, it would be fun to meet at a mutual race. Do you ever run the Irish Double in Bay City? We usually run that one.

HC, nice job on 7.5 mi in humidity. Hope the dishwasher gets installed ASAP.

Karen, impressed by your mileage! My DD is also a big OTF fan.

Gatsby, the news coverage of the fires is so sad. So much loss.

Arimathea, my friend ran the MI Ragnar a couple weeks ago.  I've not thought about using the LFL, there is one near where I work.

Kilmisters and miniKK, good look at your HM and enjoy your week off.  I have no pace goal for my HM but I would secretly like to beat last years time.

Camille, your GS story made me laugh.  I will have visualize him shouting run when I get tired.

Lizzie, good call on skipping running in a thunderstorm but I get the not wanting to mess up your perfect training schedule.  We are a goal oriented bunch aren't we.  💍 🤞

Judy, you are so consistent with running and cross training.

CrazySue, podiatrists must be in high demand if you have to wait a month. Maybe it will correct itself by the time of your appt.

Diane, I like the morning runs sooo much better but now it's too dark in the mornings. The neighbors complain to my DH about me running on the side the road in the dark saying I scare the crap out of them.

Seloc, running in Napa area would be pretty cool. Haven't been there in years. That's quite a workout you and your friend did!

Bertha, woohoo!

Docket, no one will ever accuse you of being lazy. 😊

Kats, ouch on the knot.

Happy running all!