Womens Running

Wednesday Is Whizzing By (Over 40) (Read 15 times)

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

It's going fast! Soon it will be Thursday and almost the end of the week.

Post.

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Tuesday I did 35 minutes on the track at the gym. I tried picking up the pace a little. The cough was much better.

Today I plan a cardio workout since I’m going out to dinner later.

Happy runs, All!

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Good Morning!!  Riding my bike after work today.

Hi Judy!  Have a great day everyone!

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Rest day for cut back week.

Dad drama yestersay. Dh says I'm too nice. Let's just say not calling ahead to find a hotel where you think you are going to spend the night is risky. Especially when there ends up being a gas and oil convention so no rooms anywhere around. I had to assist and it was frustrating. At least I knew what to tell them to do versus driving to each hotel. Some people really don't know how to handle these situations. They didn't do the one thing I needed them to do which would have saved time.  I called several hotel in the next town and was able found the last available room But they got a room and it was 10 pm and 45 min away from where they thought they would stay.  Also much later than they had thought it would be.  Maybe they learned a lesson. But, I think they probably take away to call me t o fix it versus the true lesson of call ahead.

Marjorie

Anonymous Guest

Morning all,

Back at work but getting absolutely nothing done but talking about the marathon. My boss is buying me a gift certificate to her massage place as a congratulations gift. She has a policy that the company buys something for an employee's fitness-related accomplishments, like they bought a pair of running shoes for the girl that had my job previously after she ran her first half. She told me she'd go broke with me, so I had to wait six months. She was actually on vacation Monday, but was on the beach and kept checking updates and keeping up with the office where they were tracking me and posting about me to the work facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/aswv.vsi?ref=profile). So basically, I'm being treated like a rock star and enjoying every minute!

Probably an easy spin on the bike tonight. The three flights of stairs down at the Metro parking garage were a little painful so probably another day or two before I run.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

runlikeagirl18

Hi ladies-

I ran a tough 6.3 miles this morning. The last 2 were a bit better since I ran into a friend and she distracted me from how lousy I felt. I hope it's not an indication of how my race is going to go this weekend.

Karen - I loved the video you posted yesterday! Sounds like an easy spin is in order. As I was finishing my run today, I ran into a girl I know who ran on Monday and finished in 3:16:20. She was getting ready to go do - wait for it - speedwork! She's crazy.

Tessa - what race are you doing this weekend?

Lisa - smart advice to the girl doing the PCT.

Crazysue - I'm enjoying the dog saga.

Marjorie - feh on the dad drama.

Judy - glad the cough is improving. DS2 has been coughing for a month; I need to get him in to see the doctor.

Off to get cleaned up - our food bank, of which DH and I are big supporters, is having one of their biggest fundraisers today, so I'm headed there. Have a great day-

Cindy

2017 Races: Turkey Strut 5K 11/23, Mistletoe Half Marathon 12/2

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  ended up with 8 last night instead of 12.  Too hot, too tired, too whiney, so I stopped.  7 or SRD tonight.

Judy, I am wishing it's Friday already.  Enjoy your workouts.

Sue, enjoy the bike ride.

Marjorie, you are too kind.

Karen, nice co workers!

Cindy, nice miles nonetheless. Have a great day.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

ginnyb

Karen....that is so neat about the gift and their policy of giving a gift for fitness related achievements!  Wish my work would do that.  You deserve it !

Judy...glad your cough is getting better.

Cindy...sounds like a busy day.  Aren't they all??  Is it warm there?  It is like 41 here again today.  I am so disgusted with this damn weather!

5 on the calendar for tomorrow, thats a little far for me in the morning before work cause I am so darn slow, but going to give it a whirl....it's on the schedule!!

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Arimathea

Tessa

Karen, you should be treated like a rock star! Glad they appreciate it. I'm looking forward to hearing about it from RN also.

Nice on the massage and on knowing how many people were tracking you.

Cindy, it's Leona Divide 50K/50M. I am doing the 50K. http://leonadivide5050.com/

5.5 this morning before a doctor's appointment and having the garage door installed. And I have sold the MG, yay!

Bikerchick1

Quick post...wednesday definitely whizzed by here.  Was at a conference on Diabetes all day, was very good.  5 mile run afterwards, then off to Dunhams and dinner out with DD#2.  Whew....

Tessa - 50k...

Hi to all!

Carol