Monday For Over 40 : ) (Read 20 times)

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Post.

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Friday I was able to get my car. The keys all turn the ignition. I did 25 minutes of cardio dvd.

Saturday I did 35 minutes of cardio dvd.

Sunday I did 35 minutes running at the gym. The thundering herd of my racing friends were on the track. They are a fun but really fast paced group. Ummm, many of the 6 are around 6 feet tall. I did an 8th of a mile at the tail end of the group. I’m going to work on speed again since I am better from the fall. It really slowed me down, for sure.

Today I plan to go to the track. This is a busy work week. We will start to receive new work stations in my department. Yaaaaaaaaay!

Happy runs, All!   :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

LC Runs

Good Morning, Judy - enjoy the track workout!

4 miles on the TM this morning.  Planning on hitting weight class tonight.  Hoping for a quick day and work week lol!

camille2

Good morning!

Judy, it sounds like a fun day at the track!

Ginny, I was glad to read about your 3 miler. I hope you're OK today.

Laura,

Tessa, I probably would not have asked a stranger to do that, but if the rink was small and she could see you all the time, maybe she felt Ok. It's nice that you did it.

I'm impressed you've gotten thru most of that fabric! It usu just has to be ironed again after being folded anyway. I would never have the patience to hand quilt (but those are treasures), but I'm really slow, that why I take the classes.  The jelly roll race quilt is supposed to be one hour- just sewing precut strips and cutting/recutting.  It took me most of the day!  : )  I just can't be quite than random and need to iron/pin a little plus I made a screw up early. I  wanted to try one to see if it really took an hour. : )  It's not gorgeous, but I think it's ok for a charity quilt and it was fun.

Laura, how was that soup?  If it was good, would you share the recipe when you have time? I love good soup, but only have a couple recipes I make. Usu mine don't have enough seasoning or something.

Karen, congrats on conquering another state!  I'm glad you enjoyed Disney and am impressed you got up very  early TWO days in a row.  Was it still about 3 a.m?

Carol, that's great news that you got in a 6 miler!

Demaris, I see that someone congratulated you on Disney.  I hope it was great! Did you do Goofy?  I thought you drove up Sat.

Lisa, sweet run for you!  Congrats!

Marjorie, nice run!!  Congrats to you, too.  Which car did you pick?

Gatsby, yeah quilting has it's on language and the sales folks know quilters.  Most precuts are named after deserts...jelly rolls, honey buns. Boo on having to work, but maybe it'll make your week easier for you.

Sue, it seems so odd to me that you're "putting food by" in January.  Hope you got a lot done.

Linda, I like your 2014 goal!

It was a splendid sunny winter day here yesterday...felt like spring...or summer in AK.  I walked the 2 short trails here by the creeks and waterfalls and with all the rain Sat, the water was racing down the stream beds and cascading over the falls. The sun was just making the water glisten-so pretty.   As I got back to my car, I saw a car drive  right thru the cones blocking the spillway.  There were signs it was closed and the cones. The 30-50' water fall is only about 50'  below it.  I was shocked they did it, but they made it ok. Some people. : )

I'll try the elliptical today and let you know how it goes.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Rest day. Sitting at the dealership. I will go to Pilates later unless I'm still sitting here.

Tessa I've has 0 problems with this car other than expected things like tires or battery. Of course it is right before I trade it a major thing happems. But it needs to be fixed. I can't get gas in the car since it is a valve sticking the purges vapors from the tank. The gas pump thinks it is full because of that. If I force gas in it is going to get in the vapor filter and that is going to cause the catalytic convertor to fail.

would I ask a stronger at the skate rink? Probably not.

Camille le the new car should be here Friday. 2014 Lincoln MKZ hybrid

Marjorie

Good Morning!  Group Power class this morning.  New routine--I like it.  Team teaching--I don't like it.  They are training one of the instructors to get certified in group power classes.  She's really nice and I am friends with her father, but I don't care for her as an instructor.  She screeches out commands and I don't understand them until after the movements are done.  She was leading one routine and reading the instruction manual at the same time.......ooops.....wonder what we were supposed to be doing for those 20-30 seconds??

Made four batches of marmalade over the weekend.  I give most as Christmas presents ( I am actually ahead of the game for Christmas 2014!) and eat some too.  I am going to Texas to run Cowtown HM again next month and was surprised when one of my friends saw the fb post and asked me to bring her some when I come.  Never know if people really like it or just smile to be polite.

The local quilt shop sponsored a Downton Abbey tea yesterday.  There is a fabric line inspired by Downton Abbey characters, and one of the sales reps did a presentation and showed several clips from DA.  It was alot of fun.  Did you know the yellow labrador in the scenes is actually a pet of the real owners of Highclere castle and just wanders in and out of the scenes when he feels like it?  Typical lab behavior, lol.  I won a tote bag made from one of the fabrics.  I may take it apart and use the fabric and label in a quilt of my own.  Smile

ginnyb

I feel fine today, so I am so happy, maybe the back thing has finally healed!  Did my WT DVD this morning, did not meet with the trainer after all.

Sue...I did not know that about the labrador on Downton Abby....interesting.  Tea sounds like fun.

Karen.....congratulations!  I can't even imagine!  Looks like you had fun too.

Who on our forum wears Newtons?  I think someone mentioned them once a while ago.  I think I am going to give them a try.  My neuroma has gotten worse and it really feels best when I have no support in my shoes, running or otherwise.  I am down to one pair of shoes that I can wear comfortably to work.  Any kind of support makes me feel like I am walking on stones....very weird.  I know I should go see a podiatrist, but last time they just wanted me to get orthotics and I just don't want to do that.

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Docket_Rocket

Hi, ladies.  I had a blast at Disney (Camille, yes, just the marathon).  Tried to meet Karen but my bus took 40 minutes to get there and I had to just wish her luck via text as I made it into my corral with 10 minutes to spare.  Painful but I found a good run/walk strategy to carry me until surgery.  Second fastest marathon since the fibroid issue exploded and I stopped a lot for pics.

Judy, nice workouts this weekend!

LC Run, yes, please.  Is it Friday yet?  Good luck with the weights tonight.

Camille, sounds like great weather. Where are you now?

Marjorie, I cannot wait to see pics of the new car.  We will see new pics, RIGHT?

Sue, I hate bad instructors.

Ginny, yay for feeling good!

Will check the weekend thread in a few.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Bikerchick1

Quick post - having a busy day!

Ginny - I wear Newtons, and I do love them.  They are $, but my DH always gets them on ebay....he says he gets a good deal....IDK, if he does or not.  I love them!  I don't have any foot issues, so am not sure how they would be.  To me they are very light, and I love the little "forefoot" bump that helps me say away from heel striking.   I wear the Distance U.  If I was clever (i'm not) I would post a picture....they are very bright, orange/hot pink.  My friend wears some of the others and really likes them.  Glad you felt good after your run!!!

Damarias - Congrats on the Disney!

BBL - Carol

Arimathea

Tessa

Camille, on the dessert theme for fabric cuts, how about fat quarters and obese eighths? (Gatsby, a fat quarter is 1/4 yard of fabric but instead of being 9" x 44", but the full width of a standard bolt of fabric, a fat quarter is 18" x 22". Same square inches but more usable.)

Ginny, I do not wear Newtons, but like the looks of them. I would be worried though about feeling like you have a pebble under your foot. That's a classic symptom of plantar fasciitis.

Marjorie, hope they can fix the car.

Susan, congratulations on winning the tote bag, and that is cute that the dog just wanders in and out of scenes when he is of a mind to.

Hi Judy, Carol, Laura, Damaris...

4 this morning with running neighbour, then 5.5 on theTM at lunch. I had to cut it short to get back for a conference call. I may do a bit more tonight, DS asked if I would nag him to go run.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

They didn't fix the car. They don't have the part they *think* it is.

So, I tried to do the right thing, it just didn't work our. I will just have to tell them when I trade it in. Brother is pretty sure what they want to do is wrong anyways and won't fix the problem. He said they are throwing parts at it. I'm sure the gasket at the fuel pump needs replaced after 7.5 years but that does not explain the problem of getting gas into the car. That is not causing the problem I'm having. So even if they replaced it I'd bet several thousand dollars more as they finally would do what I told them was wrong. Not my problem now. So when I go to where I'm buying the car I will tell them and give them a copy of what they did at the other dealer. Not that they wouldn't know there is an issue. The light is still on because it came right back on when they turned it off.

Edit

and and I just read a bunch on a Jaguar forum. Yep, it is what I told them it was. Seems to be a 1 in 20 problem so kinda common in the Jag. If I was keeping it I'd copy several of the posts and put it in their face to fix it. I may be a women but I do know what I'm talking about and can research an issue well. Forums may not be the best always but the other sites i used were as are my brothers sources.

Marjorie

Ginny-have you ever tried Hokas?  I haven't myself but the ultra folks are swearing by them and if there is a shoe that makes your feet happy after mile 60 I would say it is likely a winner for a neuroma.  http://www.hokaoneone.com/women/

They are the most hideous looking things though and incredibly expensive but like I said.  The ultras seem to be liking them.  When I paced the 100 miler she was saving her Hokas for the last 2 laps and was thinking of them as dessert for her feet.

Went to rec center for "Total Body Conditioning" which means everything will hurt.  Then did 30 on elliptical.  need to get to bed so that I can get up for a run tomorrow.

Lisa

Docket_Rocket

Love the Hokas.

Proof:

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Camille, on the dessert theme for fabric cuts, how about fat quarters and obese eighths? (Gatsby, a fat quarter is 1/4 yard of fabric but instead of being 9" x 44", but the full width of a standard bolt of fabric, a fat quarter is 18" x 22". Same square inches but more usable.)

Thanks for the translation.  

Hokas = clown shoes.  What's not to love about that?

Fun pic, Damaris!

Please let this week be over soon!

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR