Womens Running

(Over 40) Laboring not allowed Sat/Sun/Mon (Read 25 times)

ginnyb

9 miles this morning with 97% humidity....wiped me out, I have already taken a nap.  Kids and grandkids coming over soon for a cookout, still very hot and humid.  So glad tomorrow is a holiday!  Spent yesterday with some dear friends who moved to Cleveland 13 years ago.  They lived right next door for years, shared a driveway and became very bestest of friends, still miss them, but glad we still get together once and awhile.  They are like 15 years younger than DH and I.  Isn't it nice when you get older that age doesn't matter much?

Damaris...saw on FB that you ran a great 20 miles with a migraine?  How does one do that??  Wow!

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Anonymous Guest

Long day of travel, including over an hour to get the rental car. Second experience with Fox Rental cars, second bad experience.Never again - not worth the $10-20 you save. Now it's stormy, and a little cold, and I'm tired, so I think I'm going to blow off dinner with the 50 States Club and just do room service. Restaurant is only a quarter mile away, but I don't want to walk that far in the rain!

Well crap, I can't remember what was on page one. Except good to see you back here Linda!

Hi to all. Race should be nice tomorrow. Around 60 at the start, probably low 70s at the finish. It's a point to point downhill race, so should be quite pleasant assuming I can breathe and run at this altitude!

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Hooray for long weekends!  Instead of feeling a knot of anxiety and vague feelings of depression about work tomorrow, I get to look forward to sleeping in and going for a short run before my PowerBlast class!   Did a 20 mile trail run with RC friends this morning.  I feel pooped afterwards so I took a nap while laundry was going.  Multi-tasking!

Hi CrazySue, Damaris and Marjorie from p. 1 (sorry if I forgot anyone else!)

GinnyB, how nice to be able to catch up with long time friends. this weekend.  But boo on the humidity!

Karen, have a great race tomorrow!

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Good luck Karen!!!

Marjorie

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  With visitors this weekend, I have barely been on my computer since Friday.  I did 9 miles Saturday and 20 miles with the last 10 @ MP +10% yesterday.  9 miles tonight.

Gatsby, nice training run.  It is still hot and humid but not as hot as before and somewhat not as humid.  It has been pleasant to run in only 90F and 70DP, as compared to 96F with 77DP.

Linda, sorry you've not been running. Hope the recovery from the surgery is going well.  And I assume you will know when you are ready to restart running versus the doctor's conservative approach.  Good luck!

Sue, nice 12 on Saturday.

On to page 2.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Ginny, nice 9 yesterday.  Yeah, 97% humidity wipes anyone out.  It was a mild migraine.  I was expecting nausea and if so, I would've stopped but fortunately, it remained at bay until I was done.

Karen, good luck!

Gatsby, nice 20 on the trail.

Have a great day!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

12.4 for me.

Gatsby I wish I could have slept in.. Quincy kept waking me up last night. He laid there but would start wagging his tail and putting his head on my shoulder. Guess he wanted to snuggle. I finally got up at 530.

Have a great day.

Marjorie

Howdy!  One of my friends needed a bike ride this morning, so we did 20 miles before it got too hot.  Then I thought since I was already sweaty and it may rain this afternoon I would just get the grass cut and be done with it.  DONE!  Need to vacuum and then I think I will treat myself to a sew day!  Too hot to paint exterior doors--think I will wait till the temps cool down a little for that chore.

Wow Gatsby--great trail run!  Y'all have a great day!

Linda

Ginny:  9 miles in humidity would wipe anyone out.  Enjoy the holiday.

Gatsby:  vague feeling of depression about going back to work--been there.  Mine comes and goes.  20 miles ride--awesome

Damaris:  Thanks for the vote of confidence!

No running today, but I did a beautiful hike.  I'm looking forward to a short run tomorrow.

IG profile @lindasig_runs

Headsweats Ambassador Discount Code  "LINDASIGRUNS"

Over 45 PR's:  5K - 21:21, Half - 1:39:49, Full - 3:33.47

Arimathea

Tessa

Linda! Nice to "see" you.

Karen, hope it all went well. Rain notwithstanding.

Marjorie, glad Hammy's wart is disappearing and he probably won't need surgery.

Hi to everyone else -- sorry, not much time for personals.

15 on Saturday. 6 yesterday. 17 with MM this morning. It's hot and sticky and the evil daystar (AKA the sun) gets very nasty.

Now off to get the van smog check done since its registration renewal deadline is today.

Labor day greetings to everyone.  Of course on the day I get to sleep in, I woke up at 3:30 thinking about work and couldn't get back to sleep!   If only worrying about work were billable.  Oh well, went to PowerBlast class this morning followed by coffee and a muffin with DH, and then all was right with the world again.  Strangely hot with a bit of humidity here, which rarely happens.   Did some yard work, currently cleaning up around the house.   My dad is coming down for a visit this afternoon then we'll go get some dinner.

Damaris, "only" 90F?  Haha.

Marjorie, our birds usually wake us up but since the sun is rising a little bit later each day, we can sneak in a few extra minutes in bed.

CrazySue, that a productive day!

Linda, hope the hike was nice.

Hi Tessa!  Great to see you.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR