Womens Running

Manageable Monday (Over 40) (Read 18 times)

Knit queen

Knit Queen

Hi ladies,

I used to post here a long time ago but, my running fell off and I stopped posting.  I have started running again although not as regularly as I would like.  I have also started to do strength training for one hour sessions a couple of days a week at the gym.  My goal is to do a 10K Turkey Trot on Thanksgiving Day.  Today I ran a 4.14 mile route which has some rollers so it is a good route for me.  I used to exclusively run on a flat loop around my neighborhood.

I still have been knitting and reading a lot.  Have not been biking much so I need to get back into doing that more.  I'll post some of my knitting projects sometime.  I recently finished a dress and a sweater which fits a little too snugly so I don't know if I will wear it.  I tried to give it to my sister who is slightly smaller than me but it was just as tight around the armholes as it was for me.  I am knitting a top right now which is going well and will fit better I predict.

I have been following all the posts for some time now.  Tessa, I am so sorry about the health of your husband.  It must be such a strain on you.  You seem to weather things so well, I hope you don't lose your sense of spirit.  Lisa, I am sorry your knee is not healing as well as you thought it would.  It must be very frustrating for you.  Since the area seems to swell with any activity you pursue, it must mean it needs more time to mend back to normal.

Hello again to everyone and I hope to pursue posting in the future.

Lisa

lisa

Bikerchick1

Knitqueen - Good to see you back posting!  good luck with your running comeback Smile

Tessa  - Wow, you r committed...3:15 to run....glad DH is in SNF...really sounds like that is what he needs right now.

LCruns - That sounds  like a fun race inTC!  Anything up in that area is fun Smile

After all the golf talk I went out with DH today...he has really improved.....me...not so much LOL...oh well, I think he enjoyed it.  I sometimes feel  badly because I do spend a lot of time running, etcButhelezi he is always supportive of it.

carol

Lisa-good to see you!

Still waiting on clarification of that transfer. I'm totally okay with a DNF given the circumstances.

Lisa

ginnyb

Nice to hear from you again knitqueen!  Good luck with your return to running.  Keep posting and these ladies will keep you on track!

Tessa....a relief to have DH well taken care of I am sure.  You are dedicated to run at 3:15 a.m.!

Busy, busy day at work today.  I have no idea why there were so many people in the library and calling the library today.  It is so unpredictable!  I wanted a margarita by 11 this morning

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Hi!  Late check in from the west coast.  I did a PowerBlast class plus a couple miles of running today.  SRD tomorrow, hallelujah!

Just a couple quick personals:

Tessa, glad you checked in.  I was wondering how your DH was doing.   Glad to hear he's in a SNF for now.  I did the Crystal Springs trail run at Huddart Park in Woodside on Saturday.   One of the Coastal Trail Runs events.

Lisa/MMR, to make up for the races you aren't doing now, you should pick something really awesome next year so you have something to look forward to.  You know, Tessa keeps telling us we should do Shadow...

Lisa/Knit Queen, hi!  There's lots of non-running talk around here so don't be shy about posting!

Waves to everyone else!   Gotta go get ready for bed.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR