Womens Running

Dance it OUT FRIDAYS (DAILIES) (Read 22 times)

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Lizzie, sorry about the foot.  Nice you get to WFH today.

Vicki, do you have anything big and exciting planned for your new retirement?

Sue, 80 folks, how sweet!  12-13 hours is one LONG drive, one way.

Elina, sorry about the slump.

Diane, good luck catching up on your steps.

Judy, stay dry!

Cathy, I hope you avoid the cold.  It sucked.  Enjoy your cookies.

Karen, you guys are a lot warmer than we are.  It is 71 now, but was a bit colder at 7am still.

Damaris, good luck with the knee.

Overslept, which felt nice.  Have to get up at 6am tomorrow for my LAST fill in day.  At least it is only until 12:30.  Glad I am not doing them anymore, or at least for a while.

Time to go get some pot roast for lunch before I go.

Oh, dog lady didn't turn out too hot.  Her daughter was much more into my dogs than she was.  Plus she can't/won't do weekday mornings and when I am out of town, I will need some.  Guess I will have to find another.

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

Kilmisters

Diane, 10k daily step goal? Nice! What's the funniest way you've made up your steps late in the day? Big grin As for work, I knew what I was signing up for, but yeah... Sometimes that thought doesn't help Smile

Cathy, it's always a good idea to just sleep (c) evening runner Big grin Ugh, the foot is still bothering you? Same issue, or a new one I have missed? Yeah, the kids were so loud (especially the poor guy who crashed into the glass wall and cut his lip, I think even lost his tooth) that it was cute, but productivity was... Yeah.. Smile

Karen, it's not too crowded there yet? It seems like it is here for 24 goddamn hours a day... I ask hubby to go to the store even if it's just, say, Coke needed. Especially if it's just that.

Sandy, have fun!

8mi today; planning a LR in my hometown tomorrow (or Sunday. depends on DH's mood Smile). Have quite an interesting route planned, if all works out, it will be a good one to re-tell Smile Hoping it will. Even created a map in Google MyMaps to be sure about directions Big grin

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

''Who needs quads anyway!?'' (c) Damaris

dhuffman63

Trails

Elina, walking around the kitchen or from the bedroom to the office during commercials has my husband asking what on earth I'm doing.  Plus the dogs are confused and want to follow me but I'm not going anywhere...

Kat, I'm going for 6 miles tomorrow on the TM so that should help make up for the 4,000 I missed yesterday.

dhuffman63

Trails

I have a question....how would a person know they have a good aerobic base?

HuronHeart

Driving to our first chritmas celebration with DS#1 family. DIL is on call Christmas Day so we are celebrating today. It’s a 2 1/2 drive to get to their house.  It will be late when we get home. DS#2 and DIL are supposed to arrive on saturday. I have a lot of wrapping, cleaning and cooking to get done before they get here.  We are going out with friiends on Christmas Eve and going to DD2 for Christmas Day and then hosting my siblings and their families at our house in the evening. What gets done, gets done.  As long as I have food ready and the bathrooms clean, I call it success. .

Been so so busy i haven’t been working out much.  Did get 3+ miles on the TM this morning. Not enough to burn off all the Christmas cookies. Sigh.

Wow Lizzie, you are so dedicated. How long did your run take?

Sugarland, congrats! I am joining you in retirement.  One more week for me.

Judy, being able to run and workout when I want is one thing I am looking forward to in retirement.

Karen, hard to believe you are struggling with warm temps when we are dealing with 20s and 30s.  We had 3 inches on snow last night but the warm 35 degrees today melted it. It looks like it will be a brown Christmas.  I hope it works out with your friend helping you coach. It would be nice for you to have a backup,

kilmisters, your work sounds crazy, challenging and intense. Nice miles. An interesting route plan should make for a good time.

Sue, glad your Dad enjoyed his birthday party! Too bad the drive was so long, that’s a lot of hours in the car. If you were riding you could get a lot of knitting done.

Dhuffman, games at work? Happy you are back to training. I like your can do attitude!

Kats, your pets must be good if they let you sleep in.

Seloc, have fun and soak up some sun to carry you through the rest of  winter.

Docket, you are so committed. My DD2 is still going to OTF. She has stuck with it for well over a year. Now she’s adding in cross fit too.

DTurtles, bummer about your foot still bothering you.

Hello to anyone I missed!

HuronHeart-Kathy

LC Runs

Hey Everyone!

Just 1 TM mile this afternoon, I came down with some sort of GI bug last night and felt pretty cruddy last night and most of this morning.  I thought it was just because I ate stuff at our work potluck that I don't usually eat (and too much of it) but I don't know.  Anyhow, I feel decent now, just tired.  I managed to get my stuff wrapped and the house at least picked up.  I'm glad I have tomorrow to finish getting things ready for the holiday. We're going downstate Sunday to BF's family and then doing X mas at my house (my mom and her hubs will be here) on Monday.  Probably won't get home till fairly late Sunday night so will have to have stuff together.

My interview went pretty well yesterday, it was me and another lady in the office (I don't think anyone else applied).  I think I have a good shot at it but it is really different than what I do now but it sounds like a good challenge.  We'll see, I don't think much is going to change soon, we have a lot of positions to fill before people move into other jobs.  But, I am glad I did it, I really like and respect the woman I would be working with (well, working under since she's 2nd in command).

Lizzie - you are so amazing with your runs!!  I have been feeling like such a sloth lately.  Whoo hoo on your  vacation time, I am so glad to be out of the office for 12 days!!

Sandy - have a fabulous time!!

Vicki - yeah for retirement!!  Nice run!

Sue - glad you have a short day and that your dad's party was good!!

Elina - wow, that sounds insane, take care of yourself, Girl!!

Hi Diane - sounds like we were 'stomach doesn't feel good' buddies!!

Judy - hope you had a good run, 48 degrees is perfect!!

Cathy - I can 't help but say I have had a "turd" day today, too  

Karen - awesome getting out there in those temps.  It's pretty nice here, temp wise (30's) but we got a bunch of snow dumped on us last night.  Hope the store wasn't too bad, I went early to Walmart before the crowds got there.  It was still miserable because I felt like doo doo.

Damaris  - have a good 5 and OTF!!

Kat - we are dog sitting right now for a co worker's dog while she and her family are out of town for the week.  It's been a bit challenging, he's bigger (brittany spaniel) than I thought and my shih tzu is not too happy.  They seem to be co existing better today.

Kathy - hope you had an okay drive today.  We got about 6 inches of snow last night and the schools were closed today.  When I went out at 8:30 the main roads were clear.  Have a great time!

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

WFH = lounging and getting my hair done. LOL. I did send a few emails. I got my hair darker..whew, it is going to take some getting used too...DARK.

HCBF is home Smile tacos tonight!

Susan - Glad your dads birthday was a success!!! Hope you have some time off next week!

Kilmisters - I woke up at 3:00am. LOL. Yeah. UGHH sorry for all the work stress. Sad Wish we could help! Nice job on the 8..good luck on the long run!

Diane - Oh no..white sauce before a run would be a NO GO for me. Sounds like it was for you too Smile It happens. Hope you were able to get out early! LOL at your dogs following you around while you are trying to get your steps in Smile Ruger follows me to the bathroom..I am like, really?! You were so comfy in your bed I am just going potty!

Judy - I have dedicated rain shoes, too. Hope you were able to get out there!

Cathy - NOOOOOO not sick before Christmas!!! Rest rest rest! You have Santa duties Smile Glad you like the cookies! The peanut butter ones are always a hit Smile I think a lot of people make those..we have an old family recipe we use. Not sure if that makes them different than anyone else's, but I like to think so Smile The gingerbread ones are really good too. I have had about 4 today. My excuse is I ran 18 miles Smile I can’t do rich sauces either. DEFIANTLY NO WHITE SAUCE. Nope. Take some cold medicine to try and beat that cold! Hope you feel better. You have vacation time next week too, right?

Karen - I noticed our Target was jammed packed full of people the other day. It will be over soon! Geez, 72 at 6:30am? Good that you got out there! Hopefully your friend can end up coaching with you!

Docket - Good luck on the tough workout tonight! You mentioned OTF so I am assuming it will be brutal Smile

Sandy - Get to packing! Have a great time! We will miss you while you are gone!

Kathryn - Awe man, sorry the dog baby sitter didn’t work out! Where do you look for them? Good luck on the pot roast.

Huronheart - OMG your post made me exhausted. LOL. Have fun today and good luck this weekend! I think the cookies are over powering all of us Smile Run took me about 3:23 this morning. Your DD is doing crossfit and OTF? Geez, I bet she is fit. We are supposed to get a snow storm next week and we are EXCITED! Or maybe its just me.

Laura - OH NO! I hope you didn’t get a GI bug. Could have defiantly been something from the pot luck though. Hope you are feeling better now. AWESOME news on the interview!!! When would you hear something? WOOHOO for no work!

Have a good night everyone!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Arimathea

Tessa

Checking in, late as usual. WFH today. Managed 6 this morning, started in dark and cold -- yes, high 30s counts as cold! Very glad for gloves.

Lizzie, mmm, cookies. Good for you getting the long run in!

Susan, that's a long drive. Congratulations to your dad on his 80th birthday!

Vicki, happy retirement! How will [insert name of large company here] manage without you?

Diane, I'm not sure how aerobic fitness is measured except maybe by RHR.

Sandy, enjoy Mexico!

Elina, interesting run? I like those where you map out a course and then run it.

Cathy, congratulations  to DD on gotcha day.

Kat, good that you don't have to do fill in any more.

Laura, oh no, not the dreaded GI bug!

Waves for anyone I missed.

Finished work and so glad because I had to go to Triple A and get DS's car registration done. I think I'm going to wrap his tags up and give them to him for Christmas.

Half Crazy K 2.0

I'm ready for bed. Long week. Glad I took much of next week off, it's been an annoying week. Got in a treadmill run after work.

LCRuns, hope you feel better.