Womens Running

Get With it Mondailies!!! (Read 16 times)

Where y'all at???

We slept in this morning. Ahhhhhh!!!

Ran 5 yesterday morning, which is my longest run in a while.  I think I'm just tired of running alone.  Trying to jumpstart my running mojo.

After church we visited all the kids and grands--needed to drop off baby shower leftover stuff.  Skipped the group ride (I don't think I could have made it in time and decided to just cut myself some slack) and helped DH hang the new lamp over the dining table. It's been sitting in a corner for almost a year, so it was time to do it. Smile

Baby shower on Saturday went really well.  I think we had 16 women and 8(?) toddlers/babies. Kids played well and DIL was very happy with her shower. Yay.  DH was chiding me for "biting off too much" but I easily pulled it all together. Silly man. You should know me by now.

Karen--congrats on the speedy 5k!

Kat--sounds like your trip is going well.  Love the pics

Margaret--enjoy your trip too.  Looks like a great area to run and explore.

Liz--congrats on the race!!

Damaris--ugh be careful!!  I wear my Oofos in the house too (I have a pair of slides and a pair of clogs just for inside). The support is better for my joints than walking barefoot on the tile.

Hi Judy!

Check y'all later!

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

CrazySue, you are an excellent organizer of those parties. 

Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy! I ran 50 minutes on the TM this morning. It felt so great to be running again. I discovered that the shoulder does not like the bounce, but is ok if I rest it on the bar of the TM. Carrying it hurts. I'm going to ice it just in case.

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Kilmisters

It's been a long week

- Elina @ 4pm on Monday.

That's how it's going... I don't expect it (work) to calm down sooner than Feb/Mar'22 maybe, but - hey - that's what I signed up for (literally and figuratively). It seems like I won't have a single calm day this week (unless I bail out of going to watch my former team play, BUT it would be a chance to have a short run in a totally new location, so DECISIONSSSS!!). Outdoor dining is open now, so O'Learys in tomorrow's dinner plans!

Sorry for not responding more in the weekend thread, I did read what you all are up to Smile That was my evening habit in Estonia as well, in fact.

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

''Who needs quads anyway!?'' (c) Damaris

ccoakley

Sue, glad the party went well.  Definitely sounds like you know what you can handle

Judy, very nice that the shoulder feels well enough to run again

Kilmisters, sounds like you had a really great time.  Sorry you came back to such craziness at work.  Reading about some of these new European restrictions, they are getting very strict with the unvaccinated.  I think that would finally start an actual civil war here.

Karen, good luck with the storage stuff and enjoy your night in a hotel

10 easy miles for me.  Kind of day where I was underdressed in the shade and overdressed in the sun, luckily I had a good mixture of both on my route so I never got too uncomfortable.

5k 24:53 (2020) |10k 52:24 (2021) |HM 1:57:14 (2019) |FM 4:24 (2007) |50k 5:57 (2022)

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Hey hey!! Quick check in from me before my next call..

Race was PERFECT. Well, I would have preferred cooler weather but still pretty awesome. I just can't describe how awesome it felt to be back at a race. SO AWESOME. The crowds were still out along the course and everyone was all smiles. It was great. Running was good! Glad I didn't run the full - LOL. My legs were feeling it bad by mile 10. I feel so out of shape! I finished in 2:15 which is not my best, but it works for me. I had a great time just enjoying the race and not putting any pressure on myself. Its a good thing..the night before, HCDH said he wasn't feeling good. He said he had aches and chills. No fever. I had prepared myself to miss the race. I wasn't going to let him watch the baby if he had a fever. Thankfully, the next day he did not (and still managed to meet me at the finish line). He still wasn't feeling great and didn't join us for my cousins Friendsgiving. Negative COVID test yesterday. But that's the thing, if I had put pressure on myself for this race, I would have been freaking out! It was a nice change Wink

I am signing up for the WMTT today. That starts first week of December. I am going to have a little more structured plan this time around for the half. Would like to set a time goal. Nothing too aggressive - but a goal. Going to have to start doing some speedwork!

Going to be a busy week! We received a notification from the daycare that someone had tested positive in the infant/toddler room and the classroom was closed until they received results on the PCR test. I was assuming the PCR was going to be positive. Got another notification this morning that 2 more kids tested positive so classroom closed until next week. Baby B can go back if she has a negative PCR test dated after Wednesday. I am really not worried about her getting it. The infants are off to themselves (the room is huge) and I am assuming it was a toddler that was sick. We are obviously going to isolate just in case. So freaking annoying. I will be glad when COVID is not as prevalent. What sucks even more is we still have to pay full price for this week even though she isn't going to be there. Crossing my fingers for a negative test.

Laura – I was noticing this morning it was already darker in the morning than the last week!! Crazy how fast it goes. I have been enjoying the daylight, too. Great news on the booster! I don’t think I am in the qualifying bracket to get it? I think its just high risk here? I am not sure I should look into it.

Lori – Nice running for you!! How is work going?

Karen – Woohoo for a great 5K this weekend! Congrats on the AG win! Uhm, so you are telling me you have your own discount code at an online store?!

Kathryn – I am so envious of your travel schedule.

Run4kupcakes -Glad you are feeling better!

CC – The farmers market wasn’t out! My RB and I commented on that. I didn’t even recognize what park we were in because they WEREN’T there. LOL. I wonder if they just cancelled last weeks or did it at another park? Who knows. Are you considering VA Beach?? I just love the atmosphere in RVA on race day. NOTHING beats it.

Docket – Jealous of your snow run!! Hope the calf is feeling a bit better?

Margaret – I have to second Sandy on the puke. YUCK. They have bags in the chair in front for a reason!?!?!? Enjoy the traveling! Sounds like fun. AWESOME on the run in December! Nothing else btter to do, right? 😊

Judy – YAY for shoulder feeling OK during the run!!

Time for my next call! Talk with everyone later...will try to be better about posting!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

RTurtles

Running with the Turtles

4 miles this morning with a bit of faster running in there for the heck of it... just to test the legs a little.  My Garmin suggested a workout today of 4x7 minutes at 6:55 min/mile.  I think my Garmin is a bit too optimistic for me.    Mid twenties this morning and my hands were cold in my gloves.  I was questioning whether I should have tried to sign up for Boston for spring, but not so much any more.    Training in winter for a spring marathon is not for me!!  At least not this year...     Weekend with the kids, took them to the mall to walk around a bit, practiced driving with older DD.  She is very cautious, hesitant to go over 15 mph.  I suppose that is not a bad thing.

Sue, I slept in also.    Nice 5!  Sounds like a fun baby shower.

Judy, nice return to running!  I think you should be proud of being the oldest runner in the practice.  

Elina, good luck making it through the week!  

CC, nice 10!  Spectating a marathon is always fun.  And inspiring!

Liz, nice return to racing!  You are doing so great balancing work, baby, and running.  Younger DD had a sore throat last week, she tested negative for COVID.  Hope Baby B is negative!  TF thought I did well in the marathon, paced according to plan.  Of course, he thinks I can be faster.    I am thinking that if I don't run NYC next November then I will run Richmond!  TF is thinking he will be invited to London again next October, wants me to go if he does... also depends on how he does in his HIM next month... lots of decisions to make.  

Karen, exciting about the new place!  Love that shirt.

Margaret, nice pics from your trip!  Road marathon sounds like fun.    That is an awesome deal!

Damaris, I hope the arm is OK.

Kupcakes, glad the run was decent!  TF's HIM will be in Haines City, Florida.  We will be driving down!

Lori, happy birthday!  Nice 10 mile progression!

Kat, amazing color in those pics.  I'm enjoying your FB pics.

Laura, we had some flurries here on Friday.  Nothing sticking yet though...  TF would retire if he could.    He is back to work.  No more travelling to MI, he'll have to drive into the office a couple times a week after Thanksgiving, about a 45 minute drive for him.  Enjoy that daylight while you can.

Sandy, I suppose we've had more of a Fall than we normally do.    Well, TF is training for a half Ironman.  Yeah, his coach does give him a lot.  He wants to try to be in the top so he can qualify for the HIM championships in Utah next October.  I know a woman who ran NYC and she was on the plane with Molly coming back.  Molly was here for a few days, ran in TF's neighborhood, and now appears to be back in AZ.  Ft Meyers in Feb sounds awesome!

Cathy

Seloc

I think it's Get With it and POST Monday   My afternoon just freed up.  Woot!  And I've been working since 5am (minus my run) so taking a break.  Weekend was the usual.  Ran 5 on Sat.  Then leaves.  And more leaves.  But, they are DONE for the year.  Had to.  It started snowing on my last drop off at the compost.  Didn't get a whole lot but it's sticking to the grass.  Luckily the sidewalks are mostly dry.  Yesterday took a complete rest day minus pup walks.  Garmin told me to haha and I was just feeling beat up.  My trainer texted yesterday "I think I'm teaching tomorrow but I might cancel at the last minute."  Hmmm that didn't work for me so I skipped the gym and ran 5 instead.  Just the usual for the week.  Looking forward to next week's short week!

Sue - LOL at your DH thinking you over commit.  You always have so much going on and pull it off.  Hooray for a new lamp!

Judy - glad you are improving!

Elina - oh boy - when the week is already long at Monday...  You are quite the social butterfly!

Liz - you CRUSHED that race!  Huge congrats!  Man.  I don't know how you have all the energy you do.  Baby B is just soooo stinkin cute.  Awww sorry DH was sickish but glad he was able to make it out.  I think the no-pressure thing is something you may need to embrace as a mama!!  Great job.  Ugh.  Sorry for the daycare cases.  So frustrating.  Yeah, I'm not eligible for the booster, yet, either.  Hope you had a great Friendsgiving.

Karen - killer 5k!  Congrats on the house and winning the hotel sleep LOL  I'm the weirdo that hates hotels.  I'd rather sleep on someone's floor.

Damaris - have you thought of locking yourself in a padded room to stay healthy and safe??  

Cathy - dude, you for SURE could do that workout.  You have underestimated yourself from the day I met you!!  I'm 100% with TF - you could have run faster.  You could have run faster in every race you have done!  I get it, big goals are scary.  And if you are perfectly fine with small incremental steps, then just keep doing what you're doing!!  Wow - TF is now planning ahead with you - exciting!!    I think I missed it - did TF get another new job?

Margaret - fun about the marathon!

Laura - hooray for the booster!  We have to be fully vaxed by Jan 4 - govt mandate since we have govt contracts.  Will be interesting who gets fired over it.  CEO was very transparent in that is what would happen.

Kat - those pictures are amazing!

Alrighty best get back at it...

Seloc

Oh!  On Sat, I met with the woman from rover.com who will stay here with Lily and Leo in Feb while I'm in FL and she is just WONDERFUL!  Man, what a relief.  Yes, I am now THAT pet owner   And today I bought 3 new swimsuits.  Online so hopefully at least one works.  I'd say I'm ready to go!  Only 102 more days...  102 days of dark and cold and snow.  But, I can make it 102 days, right?!!

Logging off.  Have a good eve, kids!!

LC Runs

Rest day for me - had an 8 am dentist appointment. We had snow last night and roads were slick.  And so it begins....  Yesterday, I walked with walking friend, 3 miles and nice to get some fresh air, we went in the early afternoon.

Work was a typical Monday clusterflack  

Sue - so glad the shower went well, you need to send me your party organizing skillz - I will have DS Open House in June.  At least ex mil is really into that stuff and we get along so I'll just have to have her and DD's tell me what to do!

Judy - sorry your shoulder is still bugging you, glad you found some relief on the TM

Elina - whoo hoo on the open dining, enjoy!!

CC - nice 10, I miss the days when I reported "ran an easy 10"

Lizzie - Rockstar, so happy for you!!  Glad HCDH was well enough to meet you with Baby B at the race finish!  Ugh, totally frustrating on the covid and daycare, this thing is just never ending and depressing.  Hmmm, you might be okay with the booster.  Walmart allowed 'occupational' contact so I used that box, they didn't get super specific or ask me for details.  Remind me what WMTT is?  I hear you on the darkness, this week may be it for me!

Cathy - I know, we are looking at morings in the 20's this week, le sigh   What is your routine with running and work?  I remember you talking about it last year - do you start work and then run like mid morning and take that as your lunch?  I am having such a hard time segwaying into running anytime but early morning.  I like to workout and shower before work but I would probably be more successful if I just put on my running stuff, ran as my 'lunch' and just showered at night....  And, DUH about TF, I totally knew he worked and came to Traverse City, I am losing my mind!

Sandy - nice 5!!  Whoo hoo on your afternoon freeing up! Countdown to Florida, you can do it! Yes, we receive Medicaid funds so we are moving forward with the mandate and I don't think they're going to be lenient with exemptions.  I guess we'll see...

Docket_Rocket

Evening! RD for me but I did PT, Barre and an Insanity Max 30 workout and now I'm tired, ha. Adjusted as necessary to not tire the calf. From what I'm reading a Grade I calf sprain takes 7-10 days to heal so I am at Day 9 and taking it easy so I don't overdo it. It's a bit tight and sore to the touch but it does not hurt while exercising.

Susan, nice run. Hope you find a running partner.

Judy, woohoo!

Elina, hope work calms down a bit sooner.

CC, nice 10.

Liz, nice job on the race!

Cathy, nice 4.

Sandy, hi! Glad you were able to take a break from work.

Laura, Hope you enjoyed the rest.

Karen, great run on the LR yesterday.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Half Crazy K 2.0

4 on the treadmill. Counting down to having off neext week.

CrazySue, cann't blame youo for sleeping in, you had a bus weekend!

judyruns, shoulder injuries are so tricky. When I had rotator cuff issues, just swinging my arms while running aggrevated it.

Kilmisters, that's about how I feel about this week.

ccoakley, I wasn't outside much today since I went into the office, but I can see it being tough to dress right. With the wind, it felt really cold.

Lizzie, hope Baby B is nagative. It seems like VA and MD are similar in their covid approaches, so you may be able to get the booster. Our governor basically said the pharmacies and other places giving the vaccine needed to give it to anyone who asked for one.

Turtles, that is a long drive. I feel like I drove really slow at first when I was learning.

Seloc, having someone you trust to watch the pets is such a huge relief. It was really rough when the local kennel closed when we had our dog.

LCRuns, ugh on the snow. One of the local weeathermen said some models are showing us possibly getting some soon. Lovely.

Docket, sounds like the calf is healing. No pain is always good.