Womens Running

Nervous Wednesday (dailies) (Read 18 times)

Kilmisters

Kilmisters, sorry you’re still not feeling well.  Fingers crossed for your test.  Will any of the new restrictions have a big impact on you?  During out peak delta phase my biggest fear wasn’t covid per se but needing a hospital for other reasons and being turned away or getting subpar care.

Nope, just a bit more tricky shopping as I'll have to show Covid certificate if I want to go in any non-food shop. Also, I am viewing every floorball game/practice as potentially last, sigh. Last year everthing was changing by days.

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

''Who needs quads anyway!?'' (c) Damaris

MyNonnaRuns

Keeping with the 3 day theme... 4 miles this morning but these at "tempo" pace. LOL Always seems funny for me to write about anything other than "easy" running. The facial was fine. I had samples and she walked me through using them. Will make a couple of purchases. Dinner tonight with the recruiter on my team who started mid August. Will be the first time we are meeting in person even though she is in metro Detroit too.

I'm loving the Shalane Flannigan story of doing 6 World Marathons in 43 days all sub 3 hours. There should be a special Marathon Maniacs level for that! https://www.bostonglobe.com/2021/10/11/sports/shalane-flanagan-ran-boston-marathon-day-after-running-chicago-shes-not-done-yet/

Elina-fingers crossed on your test and that you feel better soon. that's sad about the spike there!

Kat-Yeah for getting paid! and even more so for the upcoming trip to Madrid...you know that the rain stays mainly on the plain there, right?

Sue-yikes on the dogs coming after you this morning.

Laura-MOJO...there now you found some.

Liz-That's still good that corporate pushed to get you to be in the same range as your peers. We always joke about "sleeping like a baby" meaning that you're up every few hours as opposed to what most people think it means. LOL It shall pass eventually. My DD is finding that for every developmental stage the sleep goes to crap. I remember that with my kids too.

Margaret-you are taking a good amount of time off. That's good I suppose. I'm still sort of looking for a race that really inspires me in 2022. I'd like to do something really pretty in the mix. Laurel Highlands 50k is one I've looked at.

Damaris-sorry about the sore butt. I would vote for somewhere that is at least dirt road or non-paved for an FE or has a shoulder I could run on.

CC-I have Virginia already but I like that there is a trail half in that mix of events.

Cathy-sounds like a fun trip! Sad for your friend with lymphoma.

Lisa