Womens Running

(Over 40) Veterans weekend (Read 23 times)

runlikeagirl18

Hi ladies-

Today was essentially a rest day, although I did go out for 2 miles with DS1. We recently had him reevaluated for ADHD, and it's pretty clear that he qualifies. (Which we really already knew.) One of the activities suggested as helpful for kids with attention issues is running, so we're back at it.

Camille - that's a great time considering that you haven't been able to train much! And wow, that's one fast friend you have.

Gatsby - glad your DH's businesses are ok.

Laura and Karen - the movie was good! Lots of action, some good humor, and of course it doesn't hurt that Chris Hemsworth is pretty to look at. My one objection was the previews - I thought that a couple of them were completely inappropriate for a movie whose target audience is preadolescent and adolescent boys.

Karen - nice job on the AG place! You are one speedy girl.

Lisa - woot woot!!! on getting out for a run! I know it's been a long and frustrating journey. And, BTW, YOU are a "real" runner.

Marjorie - sorry about the DNF, but is sounds like you made the right choice. No need to set yourself back.

Carol - oooh, a Rim to Rim sounds like it would be awesome!

Off to refill the bird feeders before it gets too dark. The poor birds have been without food for a while now!

Cindy

2017 Races: Turkey Strut 5K 11/23, Mistletoe Half Marathon 12/2

Cindy-LOL.. still feeling like a wannabe runner.  I've heard good things about Chris Hemsworth's rendition of the role... as in hunk.

Marjorie-glad you ran smart. I sure wouldn't want my return to coincide with your departure!  I'm keeping the "speed kills" mantra in my head as much as I can.  This all started with me wanting to race a marathon. Love hearing about the high fives with kids. Sounds like a really pretty course and you're right... I would LOVE the trail section. I'm also going to try my best to stick to the softer, less repetitive footfall trails.  Run buddy thought I was goofy as I commented on how much fun it was to be running on leaves in the woods.

Karen-nice job on the 10k! You can keep the fast and flat races.  Slow and bumpy for me! Hoping to do some of that with you again some day!

Carol-I'll send you and FA notices I get. I'm sure that there are some already coming up.

Laura-nice weekend mileage for you!

Camille-wtg on the run! Sounds like an interesting one.. it goes all through the cemetery, right?

Sue-nice ride!

Gatsby-So is he opening up a trampoline park yet there?

Damaris-congrats on your 4 stars!!

Knee felt a bit tight this afternoon, iced it, rolled it and it's feeling pretty much better. Really was fun to go out on the mountain bike trails, a bit of mud, lots and lots of fallen leaves, fallen tree that I got to climb over, eerily creaking trees, and I even got to make the Wetlands a bit wetter; love getting back to nature.  All in all a good morning from my strange perspective :-)

Lisa

Howdy!  Forgot to check in today.  Had a nice 10 mile run with two of my running buds.  Scrambled and made it to church.  Thought I would at least clean the bathroom today before I started sewing.  Then my afternoon went to pieces.  I bumped a pipe under the sink with a bottle of windex and it broke in the wall!!!!  Surprised  It was awful.  Gushing water.  Called the plumber -- thankfully he was here in about 5 minutes and turned the water off.  He was able to fix the pipe.  It broke along the threads.  Well the mess is finally mopped up and I have a fan blowing.  Didn't need that kind of excitement.

Yay Lisa!!  So happy to hear you are running.  I hope you don't have any problems.

Sorry you had a rough race Marjorie.  That is no fun.

Hope everyone had a great weekend!

Arimathea

Tessa

Susan, ouch! How do you break a pipe with a bottle of Windex?

Lisa, yay, you're back! Glad you got a good run in.

Marjorie, no worries, you had a good time.

Damaris, congratulations on the 4 stars!

Cindy, DS has ADHD also, it is manageable.

Camille, Gatsbybird, that typhoon is awful. I hope everyone is OK.

For those who missed it, DH is starting radiation treatment for the cancer on his nose on tuesday morning. Every day at 8 AM for the next six weeks. I am not sure he is going to make it through the treatments. He's sleeping a lot more now than he was, he gets weaker, then rallies, then gets weaker again.

18 miles Saturday morning, then 3 this morning. Going  to work tomorrow. Not sure if I'll make it up for a run tomorrow morning.

Thanks everyone for the thoughts and prayers.