Womens Running

Tapioca Pudding Monday DAILIES (Read 17 times)

Half Crazy K 2.0

Seloc, I totally feel your pain. In the heat, after about 45 minutes, my run starts to suck. After an hour, it gets really bad and isn't much of a run at that point. I wish I could tell you I found some magic solution, but I have nothing. For me speed isn't really a factor, it really comes down to the time outside. The book Roar by Stacy Simms, which others have recommended, does mention women deal with heat differently from men.

I’m just gonna hop on here tonight to say POOP to things that don’t go right, whether a sore callus or steamy weather or a crappy run or not buying the house.  Tomorrow is a new day!  Onward.

Sandy, any chance that you’re anemic?  Or deficient in vitamin D or something else?  Might be worth a blood test to make sure.

Tapioca?  I’m not even sure what that is. But it sounds sludgy, probably not for me. 

Rest day today, something short tomorrow.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

25 minutes TM running and 35 minutes fast walking. I was dog tired when I got up. The heat and humidity have really been getting to me.

Tapioca is made up of little balls that become transparent and soft when cooked. It is mixed with things of a pudding variety. It has a consistency but doesn't seem to have a taste of its own. Very old food. I have a little of it when we go to an Amish restaurant. They make it in a pink pudding and also in a light green nutty pudding. It's a light desert dish.

Happy exercise, All ! 

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns