Womens Running

Thursday Spring (Over 40) (Read 15 times)

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

There is some hope here of Spring!

Post.

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Planning a big crock of soup so am pressed for time today and tomorrow. Soon I hope to have a car.

Wednesday I did a 30 minute cardio workout.

Today I have a ride to the track. Yaaaaaaaaaaay!

Happy runs, All!   :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

ginnyb

http://pages.teamintraining.org/nj/nyc15/gbessm

My new and improved fund raising page!

I think this morning I am feeling much better....no nausea!  At least so far.  Still haven't run, one more day of rest should do it.

Does anyone know if I can post my page here on this site for other runners to peruse????

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Bikerchick1

Judy - Hope you get your car soon!  glad you have a ride to the track tonight.

ginny - So excited for you!!!  I don't know anything about how to post - so can't answer your question about that.  Do they put you in touch with a local Team in Training that you can train with?

Had a great work out at class yesterday....ouch...my abs are feeling it.  Hope to get out for a run today, temps in the 40's!

Carol

http://pages.teamintraining.org/nj/nyc15/gbessm

My new and improved fund raising page!

I think this morning I am feeling much better....no nausea!  At least so far.  Still haven't run, one more day of rest should do it.

Does anyone know if I can post my page here on this site for other runners to peruse????

Ginny

Donation done!

I'm not aware of anyplace on RA for posting links, other than adding it to your signature.

Glad you're feeling better.

4/14/24 Napa Valley 50k, Calistoga, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Arimathea

Tessa

Yay Ginny! Payday is tomorrow. Will come back to the page then.

Judy, hope there is a new car in your future soon.

Karen, how's the packing going?

Carol, ouch on sore abs. That is something you remember every time you move!

Margaret, read yesterday afternoon's post re next month. (Squee! Next month!)

2.5 this morning. I woke up late but wanted to run anyway. The snuggly black & white ball of fur (Fernanda and Gwennie) against my side didn't want me to get up.

Anonymous Guest

I will run tonight after work. It's supposed to be 58 and sunny. I ran Monday, but Tuesday I got home late and it was raining, and last night I got home even later and I had a migraine. Got so bad I was up half the night in pain, with nausea so bad I was throwing up. Drugs and the passing of time have gotten it back to manageable levels, but I'm finding it hard to get things that need a lot of thought done. Maybe lunch will help...

The move is half done! Thank goodness DH was able to be home Tues/Wed, since I had my big committee meetings from 10-4 Tuesday and 12-5 Wednesday. There were about 6 people running around the house all day Tuesday packing, and by the time I got home all the furniture was wrapped and everything else was in boxes. We're slowly learning what was packed accidentally, like DH's toothbrush (he has a new one now), the dog's bed (I was going to put it in the car for the drive down so he'd have something he was used to), trash bags, a dust pan, etc. The giant truck showed up Wednesday, they crated a few bicycles, took apart and moved the extremely heavy treadmill, and moved everything out. Truck was headed down the road about 3:00 p.m. They plan on showing up at the new house Monday morning, so the dog and I better not mess around this weekend! I also have Comcast scheduled for Monday between 8-9 - I need internet!

Ginny, donated! Looks like you're well on your way. I have three friends that do a lot of races for charity, I will reach out to the on how they fund raise. Although since this is your first try, you may do better than you think with donations. I think they have had to get creative because they don't want to keep asking the same people for money over and over again. I know one has worked with a local restaurant and gotten them to donate x% of a night's business (if it's a Monday or Tuesday when the restaurant would be dead, and then you convince your local friends to eat there that night, it's a win win, the restaurant gets more business, and you get money for charity). One has a husband that is into brewing beer, so she pre-sold a batch of his beer in six packs. Another has done a charity party/silent auction thing, but that looks like a ton of work getting donations, getting a place to have it, selling tickets, etc. Anyway, I'll hit them up and see if they have any ideas for you as someone just starting out.

Carol, yay on the good workout. That's just your abs stupid way of saying thank you! My abs and core and arms are wondering where their PIlates went. One more thing on my list of things to do in TX is find a place I like for that.

Hi Judy, Gatsby, Tessa and everyone yet to post! I messed around so long it is now time for me to get lunch.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

I like the (over 40) part of group.  We tend to have less drama ... at least now.  Thus my preference to keep the distinction.. not that we will card but I think it works about the same as calling ourselves Drama Free.

Need to come back for personals.  Just been really busy with work and dd's spring stuff!  This is turning out to be a an Off week for me with being up until midnight helping dd with her presentation boards.

Lisa

Docket_Rocket

Hi, ladies!  Ran 10 with 6 at MP this morning.  Now I"m tired, ha.

Judy, enjoy the track!

Ginny, I'll check the page soon.

Carol, nice class!

Tessa, nice job on the run.

Karen, sounds like great weather!  Yay for moving!

Lisa, hiya!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Tessa, my plan was to just do it as a daily thread like RW used to be years ago.  We can break to other groups later if need be. I don't know that there is that much traffic there at the moment to go back to the days of having us, supermoms, divas, preggos, jesus, alls etc.  Smile

Ginny for the fund raising page I haven;t looked at it yet, will it take pay pal or just credit card?  I can do either.

Carol sore abs mean you did it right!

Ginny I'd be afraid to post the link on the main page if you never regularly post there as they will think it is spam.  But, when we go back to RWOL you can put it in our dailies there and probably garner some support there too

Lisa I can put the thread as dailies and (no drama) versus the over 40's!

Marjorie

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Oh, I ran this am. 4.3. I bought new running socks. Tried them today. Felt good. First time I've gotten socks specific one for right foot and one for left. Since I bought 3 pairs I'm sure it will make folding laundry fun to make sure I get the right and left together. They are called thirty 48. I like them.

Marjorie