Womens Running

What happened Wednesday? - Supermoms (Read 17 times)

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

RR - 10K with Amy, who is doing 30 for her LR.  See, she was perfectly willing (and capable) of running that by herself if I wasn't available to keep her company, why can't I motivate myself to get my butt out the door for 8 or 10?  Mind you, she doesn't do her LR at the asscrack of dawn though.

RR#2 - DH pulled the trigger and signed up for the 10K on 4/27.  I'm not doing it because it is the week before the marathon.  He wants to run it slow (as usual) and if he really runs what he put down as his finish time, I *could* run with him and not get worn out but I don't want to take that risk. Toddler Trot for B.  They have a 1K but obviously he hasn't run around a lot outside this winter and it is usually 6+ y/o, he might get trampled.  The TT they run heats based on age.

TR - discovered he can make smoke in the outside air with his breath.  We got him a little backpack for taking to school and he put Dee Dee in there for the walk over but he's very concerned for Dee Dee's well being, "get Dee Dee out!  Dee Dee skeered of the dark!"

FR - lunch date with DH, using the gift cert we won as the AG prize.  It says 2 entrees at a maximum price of $15 each but looking at the menu, at least 90% of the entrees are $16 and up.  They should have just said, $30 GC, it would sound a lot less scummy.  Fish chowder for dinner.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

Erniegirl

RR - 13k easy. Like Zorbs commented on fb, now that I've actually registered for the marathon, shit just got real. Also, I am in the 3:10-3:35 corral, so it's gonna be boom or bust!

TR - We were sitting at the colouring table in the library and she was having me trace her hands. Then she stood up on her chair and started taking her pants off. I asked if she had to use the toilet and she said no. So I asked what she was doing and she said "trace baby's bum!" Haha, um, no.

FR - Chicken stir fry with peppers and sugar snap peas, rice

NRR - I have the morning to myself! (or I will, once DH wakes up). SIL and nephew are visiting at the ILs house, so DH is taking S to see them this morning. I am going to stay home and run, do a bit of work and clean the house. I lead an exciting life 

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

runninmer

Morning.

RR:  Spin tonight.  Kind of looking forward to it.

RR#2:  There is a local race at the end of April.  You can do a 5K or a 10K.  I can't decide.  If I did the 5K, I would try to push for a PR.  But, my distance running has been pretty strong and think I could do pretty well with the 10K.  Such decisions to make!

BR:  slept until 3 am which is huge for us.  I was up with him for half a hour, the slept for an hour and a half, then got him up at 5 to eat again.  Was talking in his crib for quite a while.

TR:  didn't see him yesterday because of conferences.  Was at grandmas and asked to talk to DH so they called him.  He said "Hi dada, where's mama?"  Love it!!

NRR:  Lots going on in my brain.   Stuff I know I "should" take care of, but just don't have the energy to do so.

FR:  Pizza was delivered for the staff last night.  It was delicious.  (The money in the soda machine pays for it.)  I had and orange crush last night which was also delicious.

Upcoming Races: 

Gazelle Girl 1/2 Marathon 4/13 - 1:48:46

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

Morning

RR - 5 miles this morning, I started before 5am... I'd like to run outside but I'd have to get up earlier to organize myself out the door.  I might try a lunch run tomorrow, or do a short asscrackofdawn run outside.  I was at my desk at 6:45 this morning though, so that's not too shabby!

TR - improving but still sick.  She did fairly well yesterday but then by 4:30 was completely wiped when I got home her fever was back up and she had a brief nap on the couch.  I'm really hoping that after today she's better, the big question though is whether she's up for a first day of school day this week or if we should just try next Monday and have grand parents watch her this week - THANK GOD FOR GRANDPARENTS!!!

BR - it is a serious miracle that she hasn't caught this thing...

FR - no idea, maybe eggs, or leftovers.  O threw a tantrum and wouldn't eat last night and M hasn't been eating much so there are lots of leftovers.

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

superspike113

Honorary Old

RR: Going to try to go today, R said he would ride in the stroller with me but we shall see...

TR: Took him for a walk last night- about 1k, R probably ran at least 1/4 mile and walked the rest under his own power and then was still full of energy when we got home.

FR: Last night was elk steaks with bourbon cream sauce, parmesan mashed potatoes, and broiled asparagus. Tonight, white bean soup cooked with a ham shank.

NRR: Hmmmm not much going on here.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

runninmer

zorbs - Sometimes it takes all I have to get out the door and run.  But I am always glad I did.  I don't do early morning runs, but sometimes running after working all day is just as hard.  What is your DH's reason to want to "run it slow".  Why race then?    J has a little back pack too.  Super cute!

ernie - Woo Hoo for your next marathon!  That is motivation in itself!  Good job pulling the plug.  Where are S's pics?!

CAR - I missed it. Is the new office closer than the last?  I am at my desk by 7am, but there is no way I could run before work and be functional!  Sorry about M being sick.  I am not looking forward to H having fits.  I want to keep him how he is right now!

spike - We used to take walks with J at night before bed just to get energy out of him.  I can't wait for good temps again to do that.  Our dog needs a walk really bad too!  Your mashed potatoes sound really good.  I've never had Elk.

Upcoming Races: 

superspike113

Honorary Old

zorbs- I can motivate myself for 5-6 miles or so, but anything longer than that I want some company usually. Lame about your AG prize.

Ernie- Where does S come up with this stuff? I think she got your DH's free spirit gene lol

Mer- how old is H now? I reached a certain point with R where he was big enough that I was comfortable bringing him in bed with me for the 2 am feeding. Then I could doze while he nursed and not have to fully wake up until my alarm went off. I know that co-sleeping is a really personal preference thing. I slept better with R in his own room but would have him in bed with me from that last feeding on because I was lazy. Elk is really good- tastes really similar to beef and very tender. I soak it in milk for a while before I cook it which takes away any gamey flavor and then just season and pansear in butter then make a sauce. I buy the big block of Parmigiano Reggiano at costco and then use a vegetable peeler to flake ribbons of parm into the potatoes nummmmm.

CA- R has been throwing fits about food last lately. Last night I could only get him to eat celery with ranch. Crazy that M is so sick, I'm having a rough go because R's godmother went from working 2 days a week to 5 because she's being forced to do receptionist work at her job because they fired the office lady.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

runnergirl9508

RR: bootcamp followed by 5.6 miles this morning. I felt great on my run, and wished I had time to run longer, but I had to meet a PT client at her house.

TR: had a blast at the drop in play center this morning. Made friends with another little boy about his age, and they played with drums, tambourines, and other musical instruments for a while. Cute to watch.

NRR: starting a Mommy & Me stroller fitness class next month! I'm excited.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

zorbs- nice that you could keep Amy company on her run. I'm sure she enjoyed it. I do all of my running solo, and sometimes think it would be nice to have company occasionally on a LR. I've been thinking about doing a 50K trail race next summer (I know, crazy!) and would definitely need to find an RP to run trails with. I hope your lunch date with DH is nice today!

Ernie- whoa, that's a big time spread for that corral! are there individual pacers for different groups (ie 3:25, 3:30)? I can definitely see you running 3:30! OMG- a morning home alone sounds AWESOME!!! I'd probably watch a movie while giving myself a pedi, lol.

Mer- I'd probably go with the 10K, since you're training for a half right now. What's your 5K PR? YAY for H sleeping so well last night. It's great to get rested and feel human again. Hope you can get things figured out- it's tiring to have a lot on your mind!

CA- I hope M is better soon! And crossing my fingers that O stays healthy. I love the early morning runs before work- I feel so productive before I really even get my day going.

spike- hope R cooperates and lets you have a good run tonight. I can't wait for warmer weather again! R and I walk (well, he SPRINTS) to the park and back ~1mile round trip after dinner every night in the nicer months. It's great for burning off his energy- he ususally plays on the playground for 30-45 minutes too, and then falls asleep like a rock at bedtime!

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

superspike113

Honorary Old

rg- R keeps asking to play at the park, and then points to the various neighbor's swingsets. I guess I know what he's getting for his birthday this year :P

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

well, we didn't end up using the gift card, because there was a 3 course prix fixe promotion on for $20..

ernie - I remember the days before B when I had the entire morning available to run..and I still only managed to peak at 55k before the marathon.  I like Wednesdays because I get to eat lunch in peace and that is a treat.

mer - he hasn't said it, but someone (Sam?) hypothesized that maybe he's afraid to crash and burn in a public venue like a race and would rather do races conservatively.  That of course, to me is a very odd way of thinking, but whatever.

CA - must be nice to have grandparents at your beck and call..mine would come, but only with a lot of grumbling.

spike - how do you make bourbon cream sauce?

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

superspike113

Honorary Old

zorbs- super easy- after you are done panfrying the steaks, remove them to a plate, pour in 1/4 c bourbon and deglaze the pan, add 1/4 c beef stock, 1/4 cream, a bunch of fresh ground pepper and season with salt. Simmer until it boils down a bit and thickens. If you want more (it only makes enough to sauce the steaks, not really enough to use like gravy on the potatoes), just increase the proportions.

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

zorbs - I've found it hard this week running at 5am, I haven't got my butt outside, just onto the TM, don't know if I'd meet someone though bc it takes so much more time.  Hope lunch was good!

ernie - YAY for registering for the race!  EEEEK on the coral Smile  Love mornings to myself!  I usually end up running and cleaning also.

mer - Hard choice, I'd prob do the 10k unless I thought I could get an award in the 5 Smile  New job has two offices, the one I'm at today is literally across the street from old job, except I have a parking pass and can drive which saves me about 15 minutes commute each way.

spike - Mmmm on the elk steaks!  Yeah I don't know what we would have done w/o help this week, too bad on R's godmother working more.

RG - Nice job on the early run!  I'm so much slower in the morning, it feels like such effort to wake up my legs, I feel good after but the first 20 minutes I'm just drowsy... I want to get outside though, it's just so dark and the paths by my house aren't safe when it's dark.

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

runninmer

spike - H is 5 months old.  I would LOVE to have him in bed sometimes, but DH is against it. I feel like I need to respect that.

rg - My 5K PR is 21:XX.  That happened before J.  My PR post babies is 24:XX.  Not sure how I would do.  I should do a time trial!

CAR - 30 minutes off your commute is huge!  Glad you are liking it.

Upcoming Races: 

Erniegirl

zorbs - The asscrack of dawn would definitely make it harder to run alone. I run alone all the time, but it's always daylight out. It sounds like the toddler trot needs to be renamed if most participants are 6+. How was the food at lunch?

mer - I would probably pick the 5k and go for a PR. I haven't had orange crush in years and I'm not even sure if it's sold in Canada anymore, but you make it sound so appealing! I've posted one of S's pics on fb now 

CA - What time do you get off work in the afternoon? If the GPs can stay with M the rest of the week, I would probably keep her home from school. It sounds like she was pretty sick, so school might really wear her down. I know, total EEK on the corral! When I was registering, I was debating between that one or 3:35 to 4:00 but I figured I can always move to the slower corral if I don't think I'm prepared enough, but if I sign up for the slower corral, I probably won't be motivated to push as hard in training.

spike - Hope the stroller run works out for you. I think it's been almost a year now since S last let me do a stroller run with her!  Your dinner from last night sounds really yummy

rg - Those mommies will be in for a surprise because I'm sure you are going to work them harder than the typical easy peasy mommy and me class! Yeah, it is a pretty big spread in the corral. I wonder if they will divide it up more as they get more entrants. There are pace groups. Right now they have a 3:30 and a 3:40 listed, but no 3:35, which is surprising, seeing as how that's such a big BQ time

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

superspike113

Honorary Old

Mer- I never slept with R between the two of us until he was a toddler, he always slept between me and the edge of the bed and a memory foam pillow to block him from rolling out. DH is anti-kids in the bed for the most part but understood from a practicality standpoint when I was nursing, as long as it wasn't all night. However, when R is sick, DH wants him in bed with us so we can monitor him.