Womens Running

Effin sick of winter Tuesday - Supermoms (Read 19 times)

superspike113

Honorary Old

rg - the last pg client I had was all, NO PINK! NO UGLY PLASTIC TOYS! before her daughter was born and I assume it was rather futile..I also wanted no ugly plastic toys for B, and everything blue/cream colour scheme, and people don't give a shit..so I would say don't bother wasting your breath with those kinds of requests.

Haha, I tried to minimize the ugly plastic toys but my mom and R's godmother like to take him yardsaling. So not only are they ugly and plastic, they are usually old/ghetto and partially broken.

I just took a big load of toys to R's daycare lady- told her if you want to use these in the daycare, great, if you won't use them, feel free to give them away. I asked her if she wanted them first. They were those MegaBlok things, Reid never played with them and they took up like 1/3 of his toy sorter.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

runnergirl9508

zorbs- gasp, a semi-warmer day?! jealous. it was -10F here this morning, and tomorrow is supposed to be -15F. Screw this cold weather! glad B is learning numbers. I just don't want EVERYTHING to be pink.

Ernie- hope the tempo goes well today. I actually don't mind doing back to back longer runs- it's great training for how your legs are going to feel towards the end of the marathon. LOL on the shit show. Have fun at the Valentine's Party.

Mer- hope you have a good run later. Yay- sounds like H is growing really well. Ugh on the rough night- I hope he's feeling better today. Oh no on J's poop! Congrats on the friend's baby. Sorry to hear about the coworker passing. Enjoy your jelly beans. I like jelly beans, but I'm particular about which ones. I can't stand the Life Savers, Jelly Belly, or Starburst brands, lol. I like the cheap-o Brach's ones at Easter time, and the fruit flavored ones that Wegmans (our grocery store) has in the bulk section.

CA- have a good run today! lol on M telling you she was going to gma's house. lol on O and the Olympics. R was clapping and cheering the other day when we were watching the men's biathalon. He loved the shooting. Good luck with your interview!!!

Nola- yay, you're back!!! glad your legs are handling the running well. Aw, A sounds like she's getting to be such a big girl. sorry about all the stuff going on- I hope it all settles down for you soon. I've been feeling good- can't believe I'm halfway!

spike- ugh on DH's evening schedule not meshing with you running and lifting! Rough night with R- that really sucks. I probably would have laughed at the penis comment, had it not been the 3rd wakeup. glad your food turned out good! I would have kicked DH's ass out of bed if he hit his snooze button at that point. I like the outfit- it looks comfy enough for you to work in and professional.

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

superspike113

Honorary Old

RG- When I was carrying R into daycare today (in his jammies, carrying his street clothes and boots) he kept going OWWW my penis, and then his started singing it and I started giggling so hard that I almost dropped him in the snow.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

runninmer

spike - I like both outfits, but think the dress would be more appropriate for the wedding.

CAR - I have a 20 minute commute and love it.  Just enough time to think about getting ready for my day and to decompress after my day!

Upcoming Races: 

Gazelle Girl 1/2 Marathon 4/13 - 1:48:46

moxieluvah

RG - congrats on the girl, so exciting! I am not a girly girl, never pictured myself having a girl and now I can't imagine not having one! We didn't know what we were having when we had DD so we didn't get pink stuff until she after she was born. I actually don't hate the pink and tutus as much as I thought, mostly because DD loves them.

waves to everyone else, sorry busy day!

Erniegirl

mer - Aw poor J and the diarrhea....but nice that DH had to deal with it and not you  Very sad about your work colleague.

CA - No fb pop ups here. The only ad I get is the banner just above the last post on each page. Funny about M hogging gma. Good luck on interview #3! Oh, I am jealous of your 5 degree weather....that would feel like shorts and tank top weather to me at this point.

rg - I think the cutest little boy clothes are the ones that look like mini versions of men's clothing. Yay for a girl! I think some pink or cutesy stuff is nice but I am also not a fan of pink or frilly overload. We didn't find out what we were having so people gave us lots of unisex clothing beforehand.. likewise, I'm sure your baby girl can wear some of R's hand me downs. As for people giving stuff, my opinion in a gift is a gift and I am grateful for anything people want to give me. However, if people ask "what do you need?" you can always say "non-pink girl's clothing". I think S has ended up with a pretty balanced wardrobe. At this point, I usually let her pick out her own stuff...sometimes she picks pink, frilly stuff, and sometimes she picks out other colours or boy's stuff.

nola - Good to see you again! Glad you are running and hope you are doing okay with the other stuff. Sounds like a good start for potty training!

spike - Ugh, bummer on another week of difficult to schedule runs. I guess you will probably be looking forward to summer when it's light out bright and early. I like the outfits you posted but I was always under the impression that photographers were supposed to wear all black. I know nothing about photography, I've just noticed every wedding I've been to the photographer is dressed in black pants and a black shirt.

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

superspike113

Honorary Old

Ernie- hmmm. I don't remember what my wedding photographer wore. I don't really want to wear all black in case I am going to be in any family photos (I have a remote shutter release and tripod) because I'll probably look dirty if I have to get on the floor or kneel. The only thing I've seen when reading online is "don't draw attention to yourself."

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

spike - if I play piano at weddings, I go with LBD.  But you are family and will be celebrating later, are you going to change?  I still say a nice dress works well.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

Interview was good... I'm going to guess I get an offer... need to decide whether I will accept it or not.  I really really want something closer to home so I can save time commuting and make picking up kids in the middle of the day doable (preschool).

Spike - I googled and found this set of ideas for wedding photographers http://www.outblush.com/women/personal-shopper/personal-shopper-meggan-from-keyhole-photo-helps-rebecca-with-her-wedding-photographer-outfit/

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

runnergirl9508

Ernie- thank you!! That's what I was trying to figure out- how to word the no pink thing without sounding like I was crazy. My pregnant brain just couldn't figure that out today, lol. I have a feeling this little girl will be a lot like her mama, riding bikes, climbing trees, and getting head to toe dirty with her brother.

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08