Womens Running

Tough it out TUESDAYS (DAILIES) (Read 20 times)

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Out of here soon to head to the gym!

Spoke to my SIL - she had an apt today..she is 1cm dilated. Of course that doesn't mean anything..but if baby doesn't come by Monday she will be induced Tuesday.

I had to make a sexual harassment claim today. UGH. I hate doing that. I hate being the one to complain. Look, I am the most immature person when it comes to sexual humor and I make “that’s what she said” comments all the time – but not to my vendors. This particular person is a vendor of ours that I manage. He has been making comments to me for years “Hey sweetie” “Hey cutie” “That dress you wore last Wednesday looked so good on you”. Seriously. When I addressed it last year, this guys boss told him that the complaint came from me. That just made the situation worse!! It stopped for a while but now it is happening again and is happening outside of work. Facebook requests and weird stuff like that. I am going to try to take the complaint to my “higher ups” since I am hesitant to take it to the vendor! I don’t want my info disclosed again! BLAH. WHY DO MEN HAVE TO BE CREEPY?!

Sandy – Oh no!! I have had migraines like that before..they are awful! One time I got one when I was waiting tables…I had to leave work because I couldn’t really see! I hope you can head home early and get some rest! Maybe you are coming down with something since you have a sore throat too. I hope not! And you are NOT lazy. Are you kidding me? You aren’t feeling good, nothing wrong with that. Ew on the customer..its hard to hold back in that kind of situation. Sorry you are dealing with that. I am not sure baby will be here by the end of the week!

Susan – Ann Marie is sweet! That is defiantly southern! Hope work calms down for you!

Judy – Nice job on the hike yesterday! Hope the errands aren’t that painful!

Laura – You’re right- sweet potato casserole is like dessert. YUM. Nice on the miles and the early grocery run!! I am sure it was worth it. When I went at lunch it wasn't too bad! Still crowded though.

Cathy – Yay for the stitches coming out! Hpoefully you can get a run in Smile  I don’t mind the 20 milers..I get anxiety about them but I really don’t mind them. I feel like it really does help when you get to the end of the race..to know you have done that distance multiple times! Sweet potato casserole is totally different than actual sweet potatoes! There is so much sugar in there its more like a sweet pie. I laughed at your DD and the boy that was racing. If she kept her pace up, regardless of the competition..that is a very good race quality!! Smile You will love Instagram!! I love it. Facebook has turned into a bunch of people trying to sell me leggings, candles, weight loss shakes and lotion.

Docket – Good luck with the run tonight! I think it was more dealing with the headphones. I hate wireless ones.

Kathryn – Completely agree regarding the planning!! Oh yes, I am sure doggy groomers are busy right now too! Ouch on the toenail! Are your shoes too small?? Isn’t that the reason people get them? Oh man, bummer on your coworker cancelling..but at least you got to make some turkey! MMMM turkey and stuffing is the best part!

Kilmisters – I am insane and an early morning psycho..I will be the first to admit it. Short weeks are always harder..your stuffing 5 days of work into 4! Have a good time at floor ball practice!

Run4kupcakes – If you only spend $50 I need to know your secret. Everytime I go in the store I spend $70…even if I just went to get one thing! LOL.

Hi Tessa! Nice 6! Aren’t you sore from Saturday? Geez!

Have a great night everyone!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Kilmisters

Tessa, we do have harvest festival, had to google it, tho, to realize we call it Miķeļa diena (Michael's day). Had it in September.

Lizzie, that's incredibly unprofessional to reveal you were the one reporting. Ugh. You should totally report it. I didn't when similar stuff started at work and stuff escalated quite fast.

2.2mi before practice, and 90mins on the rink. A teammate also had crap of a day (plus her struggle continued in practice as well, to the extent of her claiming she'll quit floorball, altho we all know every player says it around billion of times during the season and never means it Smile). We just agreed that such crap days happen and we should tackle tomorrow w heads held high. Helped. Little things, little things.

Have a nice eve everyone; on to my combo of tonight: K, nonalco beer, snacks, Spotify, Excels.

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

''Who needs quads anyway!?'' (c) Damaris

Half Crazy K 2.0

Hi All!

6.7 miles. Waiting to run until after lunch has been nice for relaxing in the morning, but it's way to soon after eating. 

Lizzie, I tend to do a bigger grocery trip on Sunday and then a smaller trip Wednesday. I bring a salad for lunch most days and the mixes don't last that long. It also helps that the grocery store I go to is on the way home. Ugh on the sexual harassment. That sucks that they told him who made the complaint.

Seloc, hope you feel better. And if this is unusual for you, maybe a trip to the doctor is in order?

Arimathea

Tessa

Liz, document the heck out of this. Screenshots of the Facebook requests will help. Try not to be alone with this guy since if he does make these comments with someone else around you have a witness.

Elina, the evening sounded good until you mentioned Excel. You relax with a spreadsheet?

Damaris, maybe he just doesn't like that particular wet food. Hope there are others he will like.

I just made apple pie filling to be ready for the pie on Thursday -- dough is already made. Also cranberry sauce.

Susan, Ann Marie is a nice classic name.

Ugh, vestry meeting this evening and the treasurer is going to present the proposed budget. This is not going to be pretty. I forgot to print a lot of it. I think baking cookies might be a good idea, most fraught meetings improve with chocolate chips.

HuronHeart

Tough it out Tuesday for sure.  Started the day with a fun and challenging circuit training class.  Then workday which included 5 meetings, back to back. Ugh. Was planning to run a few miles after work but by the end of the day i was tired, hungrry and it was raining.  I did end up walking 2 miles and running 1 mile on TM.  I’m not training for anything so not real motivated when it is dark, rainy and cold outside.

Judy-your hike sounds nice.

Susan - I like how Ann Marie rolls off the tongue.  Good name pick.

My brother and SIL were planning on naming their baby girl Emily.  When she was born they didn’t think she “looked like an Emily” so we have a Chelsea.  She is a sweet girl no matter what her name.

Seloc-hope your sore throat goes away.  Hard to believe people are still rude due to gender bias but we all know it’s true.  I’ve never experienced a migraine like you describe and hope I never do. Hope you get some relief.

Lizzie-you may end up with a nephew for Thanksgiving!  Sad to have to file a complaint but inappropriate behavior needs to be reported.

Cathy-nice run with your DD. Congrats to DD on placing in her AG.  Hope you foot doesn’t give you any more trouble.

Kilmisters-enjoy your evening combo.  Thought of you when I was struggling with an Excel chart yesterday.

HalfCrazy-nice after lunch miles. I feel sluggish and slow if I run after eating.  That’s why I like running first thing in the morning.

Tessa-nice RR!  The race sounds super tough.  Nice of the runner/volunteer to lend you a headlamp.  Runner’s are a helpful bunch.

LCruns-nice TM miles. Good luck with your holiday planning.

Kats-not good having your friend cancel at the last minute but makes for more leftovers for you!

Docket-kind of you to adopt Bugsy.

HH-Kathy

Docket_Rocket

Hubby let Bugsy come out of the bathroom so he has been wandering around more.  Due to time, I switched tomorrow's run with today and ran 5 with hubby.  No time for more.

Tessa, he just ate from the same food, so weird.  I just gave him half of my chicken breast and he ate that.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page