Womens Running

WINEding Down WEDNESDAYS (DAILIES) (Read 22 times)

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Halfway....

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

5.2 for me.

Crappy run. I was feeling every taper niggle - knee, glute, and achilles tendinitis. I swear my body does better with higher mileage. Body Pump also whooped my butt last night. Oh, and it was back in the 70's this morning. Summer is still alive and kicking here! BLAH. I have one more run tomorrow and then its rest until Sunday! I saw a woman out this morning that I have never seen before. No light or reflective gear. I only knew she was there because she was blasting music on speakers. Rude!

I have to head over to Target maybe around lunchtime or after work. I am now trying to fit all my stuff into a carry-on bag. $60 to check a bag. RIDICULOUS. I was "ok" with the $25..but $60!? That is a new pair of running shoes or a very good grocery trip! I started packing last night and I should be able to fit it all in there (that's what she said). Have to go get some travel shampoo and soap bottles today.

OMG I am LOVING all of these wedding pictures!!!! Did most of you have white dresses? So many options with white, off white, ivory, etc.  I wish I could take everyone dress shopping with me!  I am sure you ladies would calm me down Smile I am a little nervous about people staring at me and telling me if I look good or not 

Cathy – You look beautiful!!! I went to a wedding in 2007 and she had a dress very similar to that one. I would consider that an A line..very flattering  Smile  Your DH still has great hair! He is lucky! Smile

Run4kupcakes – Your next run will be awesome with having those rest days. Hope you had a great time in AC!

Lori – Nice hill miles last night!

Karen – Okay, you look beautiful! Your style dress has come BACK. I have seen a lot of dresses with those kind of sleeves. Very flattering! Your DH!! He looks like a baby!

Docket – OMMMGGGGG. Love that picture! Gorgeous  Smile Your DH looks like a baby, too.

Tessa – LMAO…pretending to be a virgin. LOL. So, don’t they say you can’t wear white if you aren’t one? Guess I need off white. Oh no on your drivers side window!! What happened?? Woohoo on the double!!

Happy Wednesday! Keep the pictures coming!!! Smile

Group power this morning. Still a bit sore from beach battle training. Yes, it is an obstacle run in the sand. If you can't do an obstacle, you do burpees instead. I need to practice more burpees. My "burpee" muscles are sore. I did it two years ago. Last year I was on travel that day, so I missed it.  A marine construction company installs/builds the obstacles, so they are some serious obstacles. I''ll post pics when they start putting them up.

Poor DH...He walks Skye while I go work out in the morning.  Skye was so eager to get out the door he forgot his house key. When I pulled up after the gym, the house was dark...that was weird. He and Skye were sitting on the driveway. Oh well

We gave Jake painkillers yesterday and he ate last night and went out side a few times. He also ate some this morning. We decided to just wait and see how he does this weekend. It is so hard to know what is best for him.

Have a fun day!

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have 6 miles tonight.  Forgot the ibuprofen today, but hoping court does not last long so I can stop home and get some.

Liz, nice run.  Yeah, he looks like a 12 year old, lol.

Sue, hoping Jake is feeling better.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Seloc

Loving all the wedding photos!

HCK – any winnings in AC?  Guessing no if you are back to work.  Le sigh.  Nice to take a little running break!

Lisa – I absolutely LOVE Kipchoge!  So super happy for his win and world record.

Cathy – your dress is so pretty!  It made me chuckle, though, how far apart you guys are standing.  Leaving room for the Holy Spirit?  Well, that’s what they say in Catholic school at the dances LOL

Lizzie – sorry for the crappy run.  Yup, sure sounds like taper madness!!  Just think, in two days you can be laying naked on a nice cool patio!!  Weird about the new runner chic.  Hey, what kind of shampoo/soap do you prefer?  I can get you some!  We do have Tarjay here in MN.

Sue – that beach battle training sounds fun!!  LOL on your burpee muscles haha.  Oh no poor DH and Skye having to hang in the dark.  Glad Jake is feeling a bit better!

Damaris – love your pic!  DH does look super young.  You haven’t aged a bit!  How many years have you been married?  Hope court goes fast!

5 cool, muggy, foggy, painful miles.  Ugh.  I thought this thing was better but, nope.  Need to do some research and try to see someone, I think.  Wanted to run longish tomorrow but now I’m not sure.

Work is a nightmare.  So glad it’s a short week – just gotta make it two more days…

Docket_Rocket

19 years!  Nice 5.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Seloc

Damaris - dang, congrats!!  You guys were YOUNG!!

Cathy - I forgot to mention earlier...  The Brewers will definitely be my team for the playoffs.  Well, as much as I follow which is loosely.  Molitor got fired yesterday (Twins manager, former Brewer, hometown guy).  Kinda sad.  I also read about what must have been an exciting weekend!

RTurtles

Running with the Turtles

5 mile fartlek this morning.  My weather app told me it was a "feels like 45" so I put on a long sleeve shirt.  It was more like "feels like 60"!    Warm and humid today but it should cool down.  I got my course assignment as volunteer for the marathon on Sunday, I will be a course marshal about 1.5 miles from the finish line.  It should be a good spot!  Right by the custard stand on the lakefront, but it probably won't be open.     I am enjoying the wedding pics!

Lisa, I think your wedding pic takes the Best Pic award!    The hat is awesome!  I only had one bridesmaid, my sister, and I let her pick her dress.  I think she was actually able to wear it again!  That is a great podcast with Kipchoge.

Lizzie, sorry for the bad taper run!  My fast co-worker is having issues now too, says his ankle and shin hurts.  I am sure you will bounce back!  Haha, just wear all the clothes onto the plane.  You can change at the airport if that makes you feel less silly.    My dress was off-white.  Ooh, I wish I could go dress shopping with you!  DH's hairline hasn't changed much since he was about 30.  A little more gray.     Temps in the 40's, I normally wear capri's and a long sleeve shirt.  If it's a race I may do shorts and compression socks.  Haha, 4:38 marathon pace is pretty unbelievable, isn't it?

Sue, I am glad Jake is doing better!  A food buffet was also the first thing I thought of, but I figured that wasn't right.  

Damaris, you both look like babies in your pic!    Someone posted in one of my FB running groups asking if they should wear a rain jacket to the Chicago Marathon.  Talk about spontaneously combusting.    Enjoy the 6!

Sandy, sorry about the bad run and the lack of improvement.  Blah!  I feel your pain.  My half is on November 11.  I also signed up for a time trial 10K on Nov 3.   I did not hear that about Molitor!  That is too bad.  Lots of Molitor fans here still.  Cool story about the Brewers current manager.  He was a player on the team when the Brewers last went to the playoffs in 2011.  He grew up in the Milwaukee area as a Brewer fan and he still lives here.

Tessa, nice double!   I would like to see your virgin photo.    I hope your tummy is all better!  Yes, our house was damaged by hail.  A lot of homes in our area got damage in the storm.

Karen, thanks for the tips on the siding!  The contractor told us that they don't do much aluminium anymore, cost savings wasn't much compared to the benefits of vinyl.  I will definitely check that website!  Your dress looks like a classic Cinderella dress!  

Kupcakes, our neighbor had an issue with their roofers, they hired them because they were "friends of friends" and gave them the cheapest quote.  I believe that you get what you pay for.  

Carol, when DH's cousin got married, her dad flew her to San Francisco (from Ohio) to get a custom wedding dress.  She had to fly back for fittings.  I wasn't going to pay a ton for a dress that I would wear once!     Yes, the weather has been crazy!  40-50 degree shifts back and forth.

Cathy

Carol-travel wardrobe advice from a cousin that travels very LIGHT at times to Europe. She wears really comfy clothing on the plane that she can sleep in. Changes into something cute when she lands and often just throws away the other clothes. 2 pairs of pants, one skirt, one long sleeve, one short sleeve, one tank, one light button down shirt/cardigan, multiple scarves to make all the interchangeable outfits look a little different. Wash and hang clothes to dry in hotel overnight. If hotter weather she says she brings pantyliners to wear to help undies stay "fresher." My sister tries to pack clothing that she does not mind leaving behind to make room for purchases.  DD learned from then and added Packing Cubes to the mix for making it fit into a backpack.

Liz-fun to share the wedding pic from decades ago. LOL PACKING CUBES or at least ziploc bags that you sit on to squish down are the secret to packing plus suggestions above. I wear my running shoes; it's worth having to possibly take them off to save room in bag. And on one's wedding day, one is always a virgin princess. Wear white if it looks good on you. "Honey, we all deserve to wear white."

Sue-hugs for you over Jakey.

Sandy-maybe a good massage? Deep tissue? feel better.

Damaris-if not home there are stores where they sell ibuprofen I do believe. LOL

Cathy-remember your cowbell for that spot! Fun! You can ALMOST tell people "you're almost there" but don't do it. LOL Awww.. the wedding hat. My husband was Polish and there is a traditional veil dance where I pass the hat to my mother and she dances then she passes it to the mother of the groom then to the bridesmaids. At one point in the reception they came and told me that we better do that "hat dance" while they could still stand up.  It was quite the open bar and quite the party.

4 miles this morning. Need to buy pepper spray. I seem to be seeing all sorts of random folks in the dark. When they seem to be out walking a dog or with some purposeful step it's fine but some are just sort of there. I don't freak easily but my purchase will be going in today for the spray.

Lisa

Seloc

Lisa - yikes on the people out and about in the dark!  I don't spook easily either but that would spook me, too.  Intuition is a thing you can't ignore.  LOVE the hat story!  And that wedding of yours sounds like it was FUN.  I'm a pretty good minimalist packer if I do say so myself.  Two weeks in Chile with a backpack carry on.  Learned from my Peace Corps days...

Cathy - well hey there fellow Course Marshal!  But, I'll be at mile 15.  Which will be perfect since it should give me a half hour from when the sweep comes by and my job is done to get to the finish to pick up my guests!!  Sweet - now I won't forget your half - it's the day after Richmond!!  OMG you are going to CRUSH your 10K, too.  Your training has just been phenomenal.  It was weirdly humid here this morning, too.  Cool, yes, but humidity always makes me sweat.  My RB even had to comment since she wasn't sweating AT ALL.

Damaris - I keep forgetting Chicago is Sunday as well!  Only sometimes is it the same day as TCM.  Did you see that Joan Benoit Samuelson is possibly shooting for sub 3 as a 61 year old??

So, I finally called the sports med place and have an appt at 8am tomorrow.  OMG the Dr. looks like he's 13!!  They had availability this afternoon but I am possibly volunteering as a Homework Helper at the library if my background check went through.  Now to decide if I will try to run my 15 before my appt.  Hmmmmmmmm

Bikerchick1

Lizzie - $60 for a check bag....I would be cramming it into a backpack too.  Sorry about all the taper “niggles”.

Crazysue - hope you can post pictures of the obstacles!

Damarias - Loved your wedding picture!  I am envious of you running Chicago...I have always wanted to run that one.

Sandy - Glad you are going to see someone.  It is depressing when they look 13 

Cathy - Loved your wedding picture, too!  I think 1.5 miles from finish will be A pretty interesting place to be!

Lisa - Yikes on the weirdness on the morning run.  Good idea to carry pepper spray.  Your wedding picture was awesome!!!  Hats were really all the “rage” then!

Am loving the wedding pictures...I did post mine on FB, but I am “computer illiterate” to post here.  I havent looked at those pictures in forever....that was my first marriage, so am not a fan of the “groom”..    2nd wedding was small just wore a simple dress....that one has lasted 32 years tho.

SRD for me today.

Carol

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Today really has not been a very good day. The usual micromanaging mammal (he seriously gets on my conference calls to be nosey - and also speaks up so  it is known he is on them) but also was told I would be first up on a transfer to a particular team within my organization..and was not. Depressing.

Susan – Wow! Sounds like a serious obstacle run. Are you going to do it this year??? I don’t mind burpees!! Tricep pushups and bird dog’s are the DEVIL. Awe, poor DH! Opps! Thinking about Jake!

Docket – Good luck on the 6 tonight. Do you have a headache?! 19 years?! Wow. Congrats!!!

Sandy – Good luck at the doctor tomorrow. I am interested to hear how it goes!!! Maybe try to run long but if you can’t make it then just bail? But it wouldn’t hurt obviously if you rested. Is work just crazy busy? Jealous again! I can’t wait to soak in that cool air. I may cry when I walk out of the airpoirt. I remembered Cathy’s race because of Richmond, too!

Cathy – Nice fartlek this morning Smile That is quite a difference in temperature! I guess it was humid! It was here, too. I would think 1.5 miles from the finish line would be an awesome spot! Get to give those runners their final boost Smile Too bad you would be eating custard Smile Did your fast co-worker decide to run this weekend? I think he was waiting to see if the weather was going to be good?? These freakin taper niggles are like phantom pains! I think I will be going with an off white dress. I am going to have to be posting dress picture on the FB page that day! Smile Custom dress!? Wow, that plus the cost to fly back and forth? $$$$$$$$$$$

Lisa – Oh NO! I am sorry you felt so creeped out on your run. I am surprised that you haven’t run with pepper spray before?? No defense at all? I won’t leave the house without pepper spray! Packing cubes -what a great idea!!! I don’t think I need to go that far for just 3 days – but hmmm…now I kinda want to try to see how much I can get in there – that’s what she said! Your wedding sounds like it was a fun night Smile Never heard of the hat dance.

Carol – Enjoy the rest day. Hey, we want to see the “simple dress”!!!

Heading out of here soon. Have to make a few stops and pick up Ruger buddy, then heading home! Have a great afternoon everyone!

Arimathea

Tessa

Liz, $60 to check a bag? What airline is this? Tip: I have been known to mail stuff back to myself in order to make stuff fit into a carryon. Ask Karen how many books I managed to get in a little carryon at Angel Fire -- we found the library book sale the day before the race.

Traditionally white for purity, lavender or another pastel if the bride has been married before. I think by those standards most people would be wearing white with pastel trim.  My dad threatened to stand up at my aunt's wedding and say "What?! SHE's wearing WHITE?"  which did not go over well with either my aunt or my mum (her sister).

Thanks to the course marshals!

Susan, hope Jake is feeling better.

3 miles in the morning and 3.02 at lunch. Glad I actually made it to the gym ONCE this week.

Half Crazy K 2.0

5.9 miles with 10 x 1 minute hard, 1:45 recoveries. The intervals were actually fast. Probably need to start doing some longer ones, speed is there.

Seloc, hope you get some answers at the doctor's appt.

MyMomRuns, yikes on random people in the dark.

Lots of fun seeing all the wedding pictures!

Hi!  Mid-week check in.  9.5 miles today, SRD yesterday.  Hill repeats either tomorrow or Friday.

Lizzie, sounds like your taper is going perfectly, with every niggle showing up right on schedule!  You know not to worry about it, right?  Exciting that the race is this weekend!  My two cents re wedding dresses: you will look fantastic in everything, so go with what ever you're most comfortable in.

CrazySue, I'm sorry to hear Jake isn't doing well.  Sending hugs to the pup and everyone.

Damaris, you still dealing with the toothache/headache?  Hope all goes well in Chicago!

Seloc, lol, "leave room for the holy spirit."  I went to Catholic schools and my friends and I still crack up about that!  Good that you have an MD appointment tomorrow, hope you get useful info.

Turtles, OMG, custom wedding dress fittings half-way across the country?!  People can be a little nutty.  I bought my dress at a trunk sale at a wedding expo... it was a floor model so was super cheap.  

Lisa, random people lurking about is a little concerning.  Sensible to take precautions.

Carol, nice wedding pics on FB!

Tessa, sounds like you're still really busy at work?  Making it to the gym once is better than not at all.

HCK, nice speedy intervals!

Wooo, made it through Wednesday!

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR