Womens Running

Mild Monday (Over 40) (Read 17 times)

Rude enough awakening to have it be Monday...the rest can be mild thank you.

Need to roll out legs then will go to gym for some weight work and non-run stuff.

Lisa

camille2

Morning!

Catching up on rest of personals I didn't do last night...

Demaris, I hope your ankle isn't too bad. Is Orlando a break from the heat in Miami? :

Tessa, hope your busy cleaning weekend allowed for some nice runs.

Laura, we do miss you when you don't post, but we know you're running.  How's the job?

Cindy, it was so sad about those young guys dying at Raleigh R&R.  How are  you feeling about Tar Heel 10 mi?

Plan worked last week.  This week...3 today, 2 tomorrow,4 wed   2 Thu Fri rest Sat 4 sunday 2

Anonymous Guest

Morning all,

Rest day today, although I just looked at the weather and tomorrow temps are dropping all day with rain and thunderstorms, possibly getting cold enough tomorrow night for snow. So I will probably run tomorrow's 6 tonight, when it's in the 70s and there is no thunder, lightning or snow, and rest tomorrow. I have 3 rest days this week - get an extra for tapering and another extra since the marathon is on Monday and I've been following the plan like it's Sunday. I am getting so excited, especially now with all the stories on tv and online going on. I missed Shalane Flanagan on 60 Minutes last night. My parents saw it...told me she plans to run the marathon in 2:28. Told my mom that I'd only be about an hour into the race by that time, and it was going to take me a lot longer than that.

Camille, you have a good memory. Yes, there was a specific person I wanted to beat. And she wasn't there after doing the race the last three years and making a big deal out of winning her age group last year. I looked up her past times though, and would have beat her best time by over 15 minutes. Last year was a "soft" year and my time this year would have put me in the top three overall last year. Glad you got your runs in last week....we'll be watching to keep you on track again this week.

Morning, Lisa!

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Bikerchick1

Lisa - So excited about Trail Half...woohoo!  We are a little nervous and don't have a clue what to expect!  You have been very consistent with your weight training!

Camille - I saw that about the 2 young men at Raleigh, so sad.  I also saw a man in his 40's died at the finish line in London Marathon as well.  Glad you are able to keep up with your plan!!!

Karen - Enjoy your taper week....you deserve it!  Are your parents still coming to watch Boston?

Damarias - Hope your ankle is better.

Weather is going straight downhill here....booo....predicting some snow...    Hoping to get out for a few today, plus will go to stability ball class!

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Should be misdoing husbands Monday....

sorry on the storms Lisa

rest day for me. I'm at the office

the Easter "baskets" look so great. I will load pictures some time.

Camille when do you leave for Alaska?

Karen we watched the interview On 60 min. It was ok. I saw the storms for tomorrow. I just can't run today. I need the rest day.

Carol ol there was a death at a Diva race too.

Marjorie

Bikerchick1

Marjorie - I didn't see that about the death at the Diva race.  So sad.  You wonder what the stories are behind the deaths.  I had to chuckle (although I know it is not funny at all) about your DH throwing out the wrong rug.  Totally something my DH would do....but mine would then say it was my fault somehow.   Men....

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I will be doing 6 and strength work tonight.

Lisa, I hate Mondays too!  Hope you got your gym stuff done.

Camille, yes, Orlando was at least 10-15F cooler than Miami, so it was a nice break.  Nice job on the workouts.

Karen, enjoy the taper week.

Carol, hope the snow is short lived.

Marjorie, does he now look like your doggies do?  Sad?

Have a great day!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

I'm back!!  Spent last week in Gloucester, MA for a work project.  Had a horrible bout of food borne illness Friday night, got home late Saturday night.  Still recovering.  Ran 6 miles yesterday and did group power class this morning.  Still not 100%.

Got a big (100 lb) foster weim yesterday.  Poor guy is so underweight and has lost a lot of muscle mass due to long term boarding.  He is about 5 years old, no obedience training.  He met all the pups yesterday.  Not aggressive.  Jake snapped at him a couple of times, but I am hoping he will calm down in a day or two.  I think it was just a territorial thing.

Will catch up in a day or two.  Missed y'all!

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Yes D he does!

Carol oh, he wouldn't dare blame me. He knows better and he really knows he royally messed up. The new rug will be here Friday. Two day shipping but they won't ship it until Wed as they have to process. If it isn't here he will have to relive the story

sigh dad's wife wanted me to make her a hair appointment for Saturday. Seriously to get an appointment the day before Easter???  Luckily one of the ladies where I go can do it at 10 am. Dad's wife likes the salon I go to but geesh it is not easy to just get snow appointment this close to a holiday.

Marjorie

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Here are the baskets

dh s  is first. Fish snack holder on blue platter with candy around it too.

Dads is the tool holder and a few things I couldn't stuff in it and hers is the shell bowl so she can reuse.

Marjorie

Arimathea

Tessa

Marjorie, those look pretty AND delicious.I would be furious about the rug too.

Karen, score on both the race and giving away the trailer! It's so nice to give away something and know that the person who you gave it to can really use it.

Lisa, yes, you lose time going east. Gain it going west. Glad the trail run got easier.

Sue, another foster weim? I know he's in good hands!

Waving to everyone else. Managed 6.85 miles at lunch today. The knee is getting better.