Womens Running

Tuned Out Thursday (Over 40) (Read 20 times)

For my shuffle...

BEST part was that yesterday after writing about the music I forgot the darn thing on the computer desk so had nothing to listen to when working out.

She did feel badly about deleting 5 hours of music which had been compiled over nearly 10 years of research .. I may be disqualifying myself from my own dinner. it may have been 5-7 years.  LOL  All the time spent looking at multiple BPM websites then finding the songs...  But that moment where she said "and then you click this and click that and your song is synced to your shuffle. see?" and I said "I see the 1 Direction song but where are the rest?" and she said "they're gone" was a bit priceless. I just got up and walked away from the room. The air had all disappeared.

Will try out shuffle with some new songs and some old and see how it does.

Cindy-you're in!

Marjorie-yeah for the hip cooperating!  I was going to go to either a Yoga or a total workout class yesterday but my 30 minute commute took over an hour.  snow.  let's just say that we are really over winter.  yesterday it was -4 on my dashboard when I drove to the gym.

Linda-I think the key is to make a playlist then add or delete to that.  Sync the play list after doing so.  Just be sure all of your songs are on your playlist. Doh! there is an autosync option that you can turn off. don't ask me how. my 14 year old would know though.

Have a great day ladies!

Lisa

ginnyb

Goodmorning,

Yes, Lisa we are definitely over the winter here.  So who commented that you were exercising too much?  A coworker?  I still qualify for the dinner, that's good.

Marjorie...you know that I hate being cold also.  I don't even want to take showers anymore ...too cold getting in and getting out.  All I want to do is sit on the couch under my afghan and not move, have someone bring me hot tea frequently.  Can't even get the house warm in these temperatures.

karen...at least your snow usually doesn't hang around too long, it certainly is annoying.

Might do my walk/jog DVD this morning, but the thought of moving makes me cold.  I would go outside, but I think it is may 1 degree out there this early...YUCK...Damaris send some warm weather up here please.....

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

camille2

Lisa, LOL about the BEST part of the shuffle.  I don't use music-can't keep the ear buds in. Have tried a few and gave up.

Marjorie...it's so nice to read those 10 plus runs.  Good for you.

Ginny, you sound like my mom.  She is, and has always  been, cold. Keeps the house  between 75 and 80.  She would never make it up north.  She's a fan of the space heater-one in bath that comes on with the light and a gel type in her bedroom. Thank goodness for the latter one. We get to turn the furnace down a bit a night.  : )

I walked 30" here yesterday, but then did 20 sets of stairs, which was a better workout. I may repeat today so I don't have to drive to town.

I made  lemon chicken soup-good and easy.  It's soup season.

Hi to Judy, Linda, Laura, Karen and all who follow!  I hope Tessa is OK.

Have a great day!

LC Runs

5 TM miles this morning....ho...hum....

Nothing much on the agenda besides work....no kids' activities tonight, at least as far as I'm aware. lol

Hi Lisa, Ginny, Camille....

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

I'm thinking today is a rest day. I really don't want to push my luck.

Ginny i I don't like the shower either with the cold. I make sure my fuzzy slippers and robe are right there so I can warm up fast.

Lisa still sorry all the songs were gone.

Camille stairs are a huge work out. Funny I get cold but I cannot stand the heat to be at 75 or more. The dry heat bothers me. I'd end up with a bloody nose constantly. So I have my thick blanket in the living room and my doggie furnace that cuddles up against me at night. Between him and dh is also always warm so I stay very warm.

Laura rag how is the new job going?

Marjorie

ginnyb

I did workout to my DVD this morning.  I want to get back outside though.  If they are right about the weather forecast though it doesn't look like I will be out there for awhile!  Snow, snow and more snow..  If I win the lottery this week I am taking all of us to a warm climate for at least a week!!!!  All of us!

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Busy day yesterday with my friend having surgery and me being chauffeur and nurse.  Did not run yesterday which was better for my cold, bad for my mpw.  7+ miles tonight.

Lisa, sorry about the music snafu!

Ginny, I can send you all my warm weather but it's in the 50-60s today.  Send me some snow.  Keep the wind.  Stay warm!

LC Runs, nice TM run.

Camille, yum, soup.

Marjorie, enjoy the rest day.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

camille2

Ginny, I hope you bought a lot of lottery tickets.  I'm definitely in!  Colder here than AK, even Fairbanks, again.

SugarLand

Hi everyone!!!

It's cold here in Houston 38 for the high tomorrow - will be cooking chili - thank goodness I have tomorrow off we are expecting sleet and ice

I will be going to the gym tomorrow to run on the DM - my legs have recovered so training starts again for the Austin half in February

Everyone be safe

Going to cuddle up with DH and watch tennis - my favorite player is Nadal (so cute)

Have a great evening and be safe

Linda

I ran this morning.  My husband is being very dedicated.  I was surely ready to sleep in, but he got us up.

Today was the first cool day in a while.  Not even close to cold, but not hot.  We are in a terrible drought.  If we don't get some water soon, they will start restrictions.

It's late here in CA, so, goodnight if anyone is up.

IG profile @lindasig_runs

Headsweats Ambassador Discount Code  "LINDASIGRUNS"

Over 45 PR's:  5K - 21:21, Half - 1:39:49, Full - 3:33.47

Docket_Rocket

Did my 7.  Now at The ER because my friend has some shortness of breath post surgery.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Arimathea

Tessa

Sorry I have not been checking in. I'm swamped at work -- massive project due the end of the week.

Have been running. Not sure if I am going to get up tomorrow. I can hear the damn wind again.

Hope everyone is well -- I haven't gone back to read anything posted since the weekend. If I can get this project done I'll try to do so.

Waving...