Womens Running

Blah Monday (DAILIES) (Read 20 times)

dhuffman63

Trails

Yep Laura, attorney's ex wife and coach.  I've heard tho that she got around too.  I'm sure I'll hear more in the upcoming week. Looks like Karma was busy in Vinita on Friday.

LC Runs

Diane -  craziness!!

Docket_Rocket

Finally leaving court and based on the 1.5 hour commute at this hour, I think it’s weights only for me tonight.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

ginnyb

I apologize for not posting.  My family has been in crisis mode again for the past few weeks.  I am weary....... I have not been running either, still working with trainer, but even that not as much as I should be.  I have been reading off and on and seems everyone is doing well.

During this mess though ( and most of it concerned DD's husband) she earned her Bachelor's Degree in Nursing.  She has a nursing degree and has been working as a nurse for about 15 years, but she finally got the Bachelor's degree.  Very proud of her under the circumstances.

Went to see Star Wars the Last Jedi last night with DH and DS.  It is really good if you like Star Wars.

Hi to everyone and I will try to be more regular, hopefully get back to running too.

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Arimathea

Tessa

Ginny, sorry about all the family drama. Congratulations to DD for earning her bachelor's!

Diane, I'm sure that everyone around is talking about this incident. So one was involved with the other one's wife and the cuckolded husband took offense? Can't say I blame him but shooting the other person is a bit extreme.

Cathy, do many people run in shorts in December in Wisconsin?

Yuck on the brown-looking salad. Wonder why they would light the room in a way that makes the food look unappetizing.

Damaris, I beat you on the commute, mine is normally 1 3/4 to 2 hours.

3.42 at lunch, too much going on.

LC Runs

Damaris - have a good weight workout, sorry for the long day!

Ginny - awesome for your DD!!  So sorry about the family issues, hang in there!

Tessa - have a great night!!

Enjoying some peace and quiet before DS basketball game, this one starts later for some reason.  My DD is with her aunt so I am actually alone whoo hoo!!

Diane:  that is crazy and scary.  People want to carry guns but doesn't take much for some to get in angry/rage mode to start shooting anyone.  Just nuts!  Hope the back finds relief, your racing plans are taking up most of next year already, LOL!!  I'm looking for something in April.

Seloc:  seriously, if you want to 'warm' up, visit AZ and run a desert trail race.  DH gave me the warmest balaclava a couple of years ago, sure came in handy during the 'vortex' conditions ......gosh, I was such a badass when I was in MN, now I talk myself out of running when it's below 30 degrees,   geeeezz, what a wuss, haha!!  What trip are you taking (that Liz alluded to)?

Hi LC runs!!

Turtles:  how is the injury recovery?  I loved reading your training runs but I know the feeling of getting back on track.  Not too bad on the temps there, snow predicted for the holidays?

Liz:  nice miles this morning!

Tessa:  those long runs are awesome!  WTG!

Ginny:  good to hear from you, sorry about the family drama, makes the holidays less festive.  Congrats to DD, that's wonderful, hard work I know.  Nurses are the best!

Friday:  hill running, finished 5.5 miles.  Then we attended a holiday party at one of the dentists' home, DH use to work with them prior to us moving to MN, it was FUN and festive.......stayed out WAAAAAY too late tho'.  Didn't drink much b/c I had a run the next morning.

Saturday:  8am:  met up/carpooled with the NATRA (running group) to south trail of Sedona.  The trail was absolutely amazing, some DNF (do not fall) portions b/c it was along the ridge..........made for an awesome photo shot tho'.........partly hilly, technical rocky trail, love it!!!

We finished just over 5 miles but I ran about 6 miles while running back to make sure one of the female runner was okay.  She's recovering from an injury and does the run/walk.  Met another female running who is living in Sedona for the winter, she's from Seattle, a few yrs older than I am but a strong runner, WOW!!  We stayed a few feet behind the 'faster' male runners.  Turns out that we may have run the same race in southern WA state a few yrs ago!!  We have the same race shirt and water bottle!  Small world!

Sunday: REST

Monday (today):  long run on a mountain trail, finished 15.2 miles but got tired and hungry, didn't eat much this morning.  nice sunny, about 45 degrees!

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Diane, thinking of you...  Just peeled and ate a yummy avocado.  All green and mushy. (Actually, it wasn't mushy at all, perfect firmness.)  The only thing lacking was a glob of poppy seed dressing on it.  Wink

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

dhuffman63

Trails

Kat...so funny...im eating animal crackers and watch in a Christmas Carol with Patrick Stewart.

Hi Diana sounds like some interesting trails.

Ginny! So good to see you here. Sorry about the drama...and glad to hear DD got her degree.

Tessa the woman involved was the attorneys ex wife and not married...the coach who got shot was one of her boyfriends...seems he allegedly was kind of handsy with girls on his team. All sorts of rumors.

Half Crazy K 2.0

Got to run outside since it was above freezing, so very little chance of hitting black ice/snow. Got to check out all the Christmas lights. I really wonder how much some people spend on their electric bill since they have every blow up & lighted thing in their yard. At a townhouse, someone has an inflatable arch across the sidewalk.

Ginny, congrats to DD on her degree. Hope the crisis have passed.

DHUffman, yikes.