Womens Running

Time for Coffee Tuesday Supermoms (Read 22 times)

CTimesTwo

That demo did not go well.  Too many things went wrong.  Ugh.

becky - I'm so sorry to hear about your aunt... hugs..

CA - thanks for the mini pep talk!  I have to keep reminding myself that running/working out will be there later.. glad you had a good time on your trip... DH and I haven't been away anywhere since our honeymoon..

mer - i can't believe they don't have a sub in place yet.. that's stress you totally don't need at 39 weeks!  Hmm maybe you can have apple slices dipped in chocolate!

ernie - my sister is 13 weeks now.. although she doesn't seem to know how to count weeks... she thought her first trimester was 12 weeks.. the 2nd trimester was another 12, and so on... had to tell her full term is at least 37 weeks.. so she'll have to readjust her math...ha... I bought C 2 bathing suits when Old Navy had a clearance, and they were less than $8 each.. hoping she'll fit them next year!

arm - a  6 year old probably wants to have fun and i think it's unfair for coaches to expose them to pressure like that, so yea, i'd pull her too...

spike - ha.. random eating here too.. C eat peas and one bite of chicken and 5 crackers for dinner... hmm what does elk taste like??

superspike113

Honorary Old

cx2- elk tastes more like beef than it does like deer. Very lean, dark red meat.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

runnergirl9508

RR2: ended up with almost 8 miles today, 2 with the class and just shy of 6 on my own after. I should have worn gloves, I had my LS pulled down over my hands the whole time! But I love this weather.

Becky: great job to C on his dentist visit yesterday, what a trooper! have fun at the track tonight! do you meet up with a group to do a workout, or just go on your own? aww, hugs to you and your aunts. what awful situations for both of them and their families. I'm so sorry. Enjoy your lunch date with K!

reh: my legs total 22 miles: 5.1, 8.7, and 8.3. I'm runner #6 in van 1. one of the girls in my van did Ragnar Ontario this year and said it was awesome. Mmm, I made butternut squash soup over the weekend, LOVE fall foods. I hope that your dr visit helps out tonight and you get an answer on your knee pain. lol on the maple bacon chips.

zorbs- great job on your run this morning! hahah on B wanting to go to the grocery store. yay for your mom staying over and cooking! hope your DH's trip goes well. we actually booked a hotel near the halfway point, so we can get a few hrs of sleep and take a shower Smile

Cx2- sorry your legs are still sore! R had his dr apt yesterday and there were many tears on his end too. but he made up for it at the end by grabbing the dr's hand and going with him to get a sticker. Great job with C on her weight gain! wow, that's frustrating about the demo. I hope it goes well all things considered. boo on the meeting! Most Ragnar Relays are about 200 miles, and you can run in teams of 12 (regular) or teams of 6 (ultra). The leg lengths vary with the shortest being about 2 miles and the longest 9-10. There are 36 legs total, so each team member runs 3. I'm runner 6, so I run legs 6, 18, 30. Total mileage for me is 22, which is the longest total length of the legs. Shortest total length is runner 11, who runs 10 miles between the 3 legs.

Ernie- enjoy your core + ST today! Sounds like S had a blast swimming. I know i'm always starving after I get out of the pool, I imagine it's worse for a toddler! mmm, i'm coming over for dinner! I only have 1 regular at class, and 3 other ladies who pop in and out.

Mer- happy 39 weeks! hope the elliptical feels ok today for you. R gets crazy before bed too, but I've found that taking a walk (with him walking) helps settle him down. ugh, I really hope that the person your dept head knows works out. i'd be so nervous at this point without a sub! whoohoo on the Toms! i'd definitely get a pair for you and J- push present for yourself Wink

arm- I hope you can get all 8 in with L today! I like the idea of ending where you can get coffee Smile  Aw, hope you guys both get over your colds soon. Sorry that swim isn't working for DD3, don't the coaches realized that 6 year olds still need to have fun/play most of the time?!

CA- enjoy your run today! ugh, I hope M is better soon and doesn't pass that along to anyone else. aw, poor O! I hope those teeth come in fast. yay for a good trip away, we need to do that.

spike- I hope you're feeling well enough to run again today! haha on R's dinner, sounds like a typical toddler. wow, that would be a LOT of elk meat to deal with.

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

CA - I hated that I wore VFFs because I wanted to feel like a primal trail beast, but quite a few larger, sharp edged rocks cut into my feet.  The running itself was ok.

spike - 3 y/o is OK to start in the kind of group class he's in, but we don't start private lessons until 7-8 y/o, unless the parents are super pushy and insist their kid is a musical genius.  Which is how I have 2 5 y/os this year.

becky - sorry about your aunts.

DH has officially left the building, time to sleep starfish style until Sunday!

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

Erniegirl

mer - I've never tried TOMS, but people keep raving about them, so maybe it's time I did. I hope you get some good news about a sub today AND Dh makes a pie!

arm - Hope you can get all 8 in with the stroller. That seems crazy to me that they are so serious with the 6-year-olds. I feel like it would just make a lot of them hate swimming.

CA - Is it the two front teeth at the top that O is getting? Those were the WORST for S, too. Between that and wanting to walk but not being that good at it yet, I felt like she was a miserable mess for an entire month when she turned one. Hope O's teeth pop really soon! Yeah, taking one child swimming is a breeze. Taking both would probably be more than twice as hard! Is M old enough now that she can do lessons by herself so that you could go with O?

eh - For some reason everyone piles into the overcrowded family changeroom, while I take S into the women's changeroom which is practically empty. So I think her pee may have gone undetected. No one reacted, at least. Mmm, I want those maple bacon chips now, too!

spike - that hodgepodge dinner sounds pretty good to me! Ha, funny about not wanting all the elk meat. I was just talking to a friend whose dh is going moose hunting next month and she was like "luckily they never get anything, because I don't need all that moose meat to deal with"

Becky - C was so brave at the dentist! So sorry about your aunts. I'm glad you're able to visit them next week.

cx2 - ON baby bathing suits on clearance are amazing! Last year I got two bikinis for S for $1.94 each. Practically free!

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

zorbs - yeah I've never worn my vff's on trails, but RP has some merril's that have soles like vff's and likes them ok on dirt trails but  hates them on anything rocky.

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

ernie - yup top two... she is way more miserable than she was w/ the bottom ones.  M can go by herself for lessons now, I should look for infant ones at the same time as the toddler ones.

BermyHorse

RR: easy 30 min jog ahead of time trial tomorrow. Tomorrow the plan is 2m as fast as possible with 5min rest and then 1m more with whatever is left in tank. Kinda figuring out goal race pace. My tues/thurs RP who I run recovery days with did a timed mile today and she raced a 6.35 this morning. I am so proud of her.

RR2: have been running my mon/weds/fri quality workouts in my new racing flats. I got the ronin5s in bright yellow (let's not talk about the wardrobe upheaval that canary yellow caused). I love them so much and they make me feel like I am a bouncy ballet dancer.

NRR: passed my theory driving test. Took DS and have a great picture of him sat in the exam hall eating snacks at the exam table and then playing on the test computers. The staff were so sweet to him and he had a good ole time taking the test himself. In a leggings phase. I got some from mall yesterday but they are way too big. Will be taking those back. And i went to lulu and tried on some but they were too thick for this time of year.

TR: plays basketball at every available minute. This morning he woke me up by coming into my room, coming to my side of the bed and thrusting a basketball at me. I get the hint dude. Are balls the first thing men think of when they wake up? Has a mosquito bite under his armpit that looks like a third nipple.

FR: sweet potatoes, halibut and steamed zucchini.

5K 21.12   10K 50:12   HM 2:07   FM 3:50:31

running eh

spike - haha on the elk.  I don't know why, but I am scared of unfamiliar types of meat - elk being one of them, sounds like it's good for you though!  Hope you are feeling back to normal now!  Thanks for the encouragement about the knee - it is actually feeling even better now and I wonder if I am being silly to go to the MD, but I will go and maybe they will have suggestions on how to deal w. it in the future!

CA - I was so jealous of your weekend away - it looked to nice Smile  Do you enjoy running w. DH?  I mostly like running w. mine - sometimes I get annoyed that it all seems so easy for him, but it is nice to have something in common like that.  Hope O is doing okay today!  I don't really know much about runner's knee or IT band problems, so I will see what the MD says...

becky - big hugs - sounds like you've got a lot on your plate - hope your aunt got some clear answers.  Yay on DS being so good at the dentist!

rg - sounds like you have some of the longer legs, no?  You are going to rock it, no doubt!  Great running today!

bermy - love the racing flats - you must look so pro!  Congrats on passing the driving test!  I have to do one every few years and I always get nervous and it is always fine.

BermyHorse

rg – I was thinking of you when I spoke with bermycoach. She is working through all her stuff for her coaching exam and she said it is a lot of work. How did you figure out your 5k goal race pace?

Eh – I am so pleased you are going to see a sports physician. Let us know how you get on. And I am glad knee isn’t any worse, but still, better would be nicer news… so cute on breakfast date.

Zorbs – I am still in AWE at your pacing. I can’t believe you did it with 31 seconds to spare, chip time. That completely rocks. Enjoy starfish and doing whatever the hell you want to all the rest of the time. You strike me as the kind of chick that does that anyway.

Cx2 – sorry your presentation went poorly. Hope it wasn’t too detrimental to anything important!

Ernie – glad swimming was a hit and S had a great time.

Mer – you make me laugh – at 39 weeks you decide to rock the elliptical. Only someone who loves exercise and looking after themselves would say that. I have put DH on the case for the missing book. It was sent as a bundle apparently on Saturday. It’s called “feed yourself feed your family” and it’s from LLL also. I was also thinking about that sub who quit and that you put all the time into showing her where you’re at and where she will take over. You work another week right and then get maternity leave even if you are over due?

Arm – hope that stroller run goes well and you ended up with coffee and a play in the park. I love hot tea after my runs! I make a big pot and leave it in the car.

CA – how is your fm training going? Where are you in your plan and which plan are you following?

Spike – hope you can enjoy your run today. I was thinking about you saying about your house doesn’t feel like a home and I thought it must be really hard for you all right now as you’re in a rental and everything is in storage and you know there’s a lot more to do on your house which is probably costing a fortune too. Big hugs lady.

Becky – so sorry about your aunts. So sad. I am so sad for them. No worried about oct 28th. We are here any time – you won’t regret seeing your aunts.

BermyHorse

TTC update - forgot to say that I have an appointment tomorrow for a mirena. It's just the initial consult before the insertion. We are closing up this baby making shop and declaring ourselves one and done!

superspike113

Honorary Old

Bermy- yes, living in limbo is really hard. We are doing our best to save- we will have some big expenditures for putting in a yard, new furniture, need to get window coverings/linens, etc etc- I'm sure you know what I'm talking about since you had to buy everything when you moved from Bermuda. We did decide to take my bonus and splurge on some backpacking gear- a hobby for me and DH to do together and spend some QT. LOL at your balls comment. I pretty much ignore my shoes in relation to the rest of my outfit because there's not much to be done about it. Is there a reason that you are doing an IUD vs a vasectomy? Not ready for total finality? Having another kid was one of the things we discussed in our fight the other day. DH is not wanting one any time soon- though he was just talking to me about how we should have another baby back on Labor Day weekend. Men are so confusing.   Yay for your driver's license, have you just been driving on your Bermy one in the meantime?

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

bermy - FM training is going really well!  I'm running around 70k/week and increasing right now, which is big for me to do uninjured... I think it's all the prehab, ST'ing that I've been doing that is keeping me healthy.  I've got 10 weeks to go, don't know what week of the plan I'm in since I just made up schedule that started in May and went through the year - it feels like I'm on a 1.5 year marathon plan... Smile  And I made the schedule, just based on my other races, etc... it's very light on the speed work and heavy on the base building as my priority was to get to the start line healthy.

r-eh - I really like running with my DH, but I'm faster than he is (just slightly), so don't have that same frustration.  We don't get to do it often though, even though we are training for the same FM, we're training on our own and have different schedules. It's just too hard to find sitters for the long runs.

Erniegirl

Bermy - I like your plan for a 5k time trial. I've never done one before. Lol at men and balls in the morning. Do you have a basketball hoop outside for ds?

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

BermyHorse

spike - I don't get AF with a mirena and my AF is super heavy and majorly gross. I thought that there could be benefit to all of this!

ernie - we have one indoors that's in the centre of the great room.