Womens Running

Taco Bout Tuesday (Dailies) (Read 19 times)

Anonymous Guest

Susan, she may not approve leave for your WEDDING AND HONEYMOON?!??!? That's just messed up. I hope she understands there's an internet mob of runners gathering to explain to her that that's not okay.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Seloc

Sue - OMG that is a whole new level of ASSHAT.  If it were me, I would be ready to deal with the consequences of taking the leave NO MATTER WHAT.  She clearly has nothing else in her life.  I pity her...

Docket_Rocket

Damaris, enjoy the 5 and Pilates later. You have permission to cut any runs short this week if you want. I doubt you will, because you're you, but the option is there if you need it. With the next one just 2.5 weeks away, I'd rather have you under-run than over-run.

I LOL'd.

I am actually thinking of going back twice a week (like Wednesdays and Saturdays).  But undecided.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

We had a meeting with the new boss.  He sounds great (we've worked with him before but not this fully).  I did love when he pulled out a presentation that he gives to the trustees that asks: Are you an asshole?  And basically he said there is always one asshole in every office (we have two bitchy assholes) and that he won't tolerate that.  Sounds to me like he is well aware of our main problem and I can't wait to see what he does next. Smile

He also said he is not a micro manager.  OMG, yes.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Yeah, I really feel like working now. Great motivation.

Ok....I need to vent. If I tell DF he will blow a gasket... I submitted my leave request for wedding and honeymoon in July.

My boss said she may not approve leave pending completion of my current project.

What kind of bitch sends that email???

OMG. I’m putting down my sandwich and directing all the outrage I can muster towards that BEE-YOTCH!  What a bitter, unhappy life she must lead to contemplate doing that.

Gah. Okay, carry on.

4/14/24 Napa Valley 50k, Calistoga, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

LC Runs

Happy Tuesday..,well, not really, but at least it's not Monday!

3 MORNING miles OUTSIDE!  Yes, I am back at it and am so happy.  I really wanted to run this am because it is 80 degrees here today and I figured after work would not be fun.

More drama at my work, I will get in to it tomorrow, I just don't have the energy.  I do still have a nurse starting in a couple of weeks so that's a plus.

Lisa - ouch on the knees!  You asked me about North Country run, I actually have never run that (but my BRF has done the half twice).

Lizzie - sorry about the not so great run but that just means tomorrow will be better! I would totally wear a cute shirt even after dropping something on it, I usually do that by the end of the day, anyway.  Glad you survived the kids weekend!

Sue - OMG, that boss of yours is something else   She must be a miserable person!

Hi Judy!

Diane - that sucks about not being in a race photo.  Have fun at U2!!

Sandy - I know, winter to summer in one day!  We're supposed to level out tomorrow, as there is rain coming.  I think we have 50-60 the rest of the week.

Damaris - have a good run and pilates!

Kat - hope you get some answers with the blood work.

Elina - ugh, I hate doing presentations, luckily I rarely have to do them!

Karen - productive day!

LC Runs

Margaret - I so agree with you about Sue's boss - BEYOTCH city!

Docket_Rocket

WTF, Susan!  What a bitch. If she does not approve it you should call in sick.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Sue-that is ridiculous, do you have an HR team that you can go to? Clearly you have been talking about the wedding and honeymoon so the leave request is a formality, not a surprise of any kind. I would also imagine that you have contingency plans in place for when ever the work is at in case it isn't completed. Or have the mechanisms to advise whoever gets the results of a delay. Be ready to let HR know the advanced planning you have in place in the case something delays work being completed prior.. such as having to find your replacement. Another thought is that this is assuredly causing you much stress and anxiety... a medical leave might even be in order (kidding on that part but not by very much). No human with a heart or soul would even ask for contingency plans they would just say "go and congratulations"

Karen-my mom used to leave the vacuum out by her feet when she watched soap operas in the afternoon.  Close to the same thing. "I don't want to do anything stupid." Love that line in regards to putting together Elina's training plan. I'm sure that I'll be fine and dandy for Pinelands. Soft tissue always heals fast, right?

Damaris-hope the new guy lives up to expectations!!!

Laura-yeah for running outside and sorry about the work drama.

I sure do appreciate my work situation. Everyone knows that my boss and I are the most ADD people so sometimes they have fun with throwing out comments to see us jump off topic.. but since we both are high Adaptability, we jump right back into what we were talking about and then they are confused. We can follow each other though. It is funny. And I have so much flexibility it's crazy. Monday I had texted that I was going to work from home but then went in when I realized that I have a mentor thing on Friday so have to work from home so as to do that at lunch. No problems. then again... I was just making calls for an offer at 8pm so it balances out.

Lisa

Half Crazy K 2.0

3.5 miles of some running like activity.

CrazySue, that is absolutely insane. Your boss is awful