Womens Running

Torchin' Tuesdays (DAILIES) (Read 17 times)

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Its hot.

It is National Corn Fritter Day and Personal Chef Day..those both suck. Smile

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

7.2 for me!

Good run just hot. What else is new? Glad it was somewhat short. Tomorrow is a little longer - will probably get up extra early just so I can beat the sun. I have noticed it is staying darker past 5! This excites me because Fall is coming!

Been having a hard time falling asleep for the past 4 nights. I toss and turn until after midnight. Once I am asleep I am fine but ugh, its so frustrating laying there and not being able to turn your brain off. I get up and take something to help, but then I am kinda eh, groggy in the morning. I think anxiety is setting in for wedding, the house, etc. My phone alerted me yesterday that we are about 93 days from the wedding. Just so freaking CRAZY to me. Like, I know its happening but didn't believe it would actually happen. If that makes sense. 

Carol – OMG I remember talking about Dr.Pimple Popper LOL. 😉 Yes, Richmond! I believe it’s the weekend after I get back from my honeymoon. Should be interesting..

Margaret – Agree – today is a new day!

Happy Tuesday! Stay cool!

Docket_Rocket

Corn anything is awesome!  I didn't run last night (lifted and did kickboxing), so 7 tonight.

Liz, nice run!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LC Runs

Happy Tuesday!

4.1 this morning, wowza humid.  At least there was some wind so it wasn't too terrible out.  Rest day yesterday.

Took a half day yesterday as it was my youngest DS birthday.  We went to see the new Spiderman movie and then out to dinner.  It was a nice day!

Lizzie - nice run! Wow, the wedding is getting close, so hard to believe!!

I wouldn't mind a Personal Chef, LOL!!  Not sure about corn fritters but I like corn!

Corn fritters....blech.  Not worth my calories. Personal chef--DH likes to cook.  Does that count?

Rest day.  More blech.  Will try to do core tonight.

DH sailed around noon yesterday.  They are headed east towards Tampa. Haven't heard from him yet. This small (70') boat doesn't have Wifi, just internet that goes through the captain's computer.

Busy with work today.

Wow Lizzie--93 days!!

Have a good day!

Anonymous Guest

I would like a personal chef. I guess DH has one in me. Speaking of DH, he's working from home today since tomorrow morning is his colonoscopy. "This is gonna be frickin hard. I'm hungry." It's 10:30 am. It's going to be hard for us both.

I went back to bed after letting the dogs out at 6 and slept until 8:30, so no run for me. It was 80 degrees at 6, don't even know how hot it was by 8. Just checked and the dew point is currently 80 (temp 91, feels like 108). I think I'm going to hop on the TM for a few miles this afternoon. I was talking to our walking coaches last night and mentioned that I was going to add one day of walking into my ultra training, and before I knew it had agreed to walk 5 miles with the fast walking coach tomorrow. Then I got home and realized I have to take DH to his colonoscopy so have to cancel. But I would love to get into a habit of walking with her once/week. I really like her, plus she just retired so can go at 7 instead of 5 am like some of these working people. She also just turned 70 so now places in her AG in running races as a walker, and is considering trying a run/walk to start running.

And in the whole "maybe we should look at CO since it's a lot closer" scheme of things, DH found some really cool stuff around Pagosa Springs, an area we went through on our vacation and really liked. I'm talking to a realtor today and may go up there in the next couple weeks by myself (DH realized he really hasn't worked much in the last month and should probably not take off again) to check it out.

Liz, Pfitz has that midweek medium long run that I like, but was hard to fit in when I was running. But you're so good about getting up early to get it done, it probably won't be a problem for you. Super frustrating on not being able to get to sleep.

Damaris, hooray for the flexibility of two rest days a week!

Laura, happy birthday to DS and nice run for you. I like the fb pictures of DS - your kids are as ridiculously good looking as you are. I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

Susan, blech indeed. I was hoping to at least get to a Camp Gladiator workout this morning, but DH got me sidetracked looking at houses. Maybe I'll do a kettlebell workout on my own.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Docket_Rocket

Karen, sorry about the cabin.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Lizzie, 93 day, whoa!!!!  Glad your run was good, though warm.  Sorry about not being able to fall asleep, that sucks.

Damaris, I think you would pass on my mothers corn casserole.  Enjoy your 7 tonight.

Laura, glad your day was good yesterday.

Sue, at least a busy day generally goes quickly.

Karen, good luck with the continued cabin search.  I am sure we can find a race or two in CO!!!

Quick 3 this morning, H.O.T. - 87 when I finished.  Dew point only 75 here.

Off to work after a shower, must figure out lunch though.

Toodles.

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Laura – I think we all are experiencing this humid weather this week! Aw, what a great day yesterday 😊 I would LOVE a personal chef, too!

Susan – DH likes to cook? That is awesome! I wish HCF did. Though, he loves to clean so I guess I will take it 😊

Karen – Smart to hit the treadmill today! That is HOT! I actually just took a peak at our DP and its at 80. I feel your pain. Runs are NOT fun right now. I am really hating getting up super early lately but its worth it. I am laughing at DH. Oh man, he is already hangry!! Good luck. Awesome about the walking! That will help you stay committed to actually walking and not running. I always find that hard myself (hehe, that’s what she said). Great news about CO! I hope it works out!

Kathryn – Corn casserole? I almost don’t want to know what else is in it besides corn. Nice 3 this morning! Have a good day at work!

Its 101 degrees outside with a feels like 124. Help. SEND. FALL.

LC Runs

Sue - how was core class?  I need to do more of that!

Karen - bummer on the Oregon property, but I"m sure you'll find something even better!  Awww, thanks on the photo compliments!!

Kat - I would eat corn casserole, I have had something like a cornbread/corn casserole and it is delish!!

Lizzie - we are competing with you this week, supposed to be 95 Friday...BF works in an auto shop, so he is in a "super great mood" dealing with the humidity 

Half Crazy K 2.0

It wasn't awful out this evening, so got in 7 miles.

Liz-It is hard to turn off the crazy brain. Maybe listen to some mediation type of music?

Damaris-happy 7 miles!

Laura-sounds like a nice way to spend a day yesterday!

Sue-I'd say DH as chef counts!

Karen-CO seems like a good choice! Good thinking to add the fast walking to the schedule. Do you have poles? We did the night 10-11 miles on Saturday with poles and it was amazing how much faster they make me feel like I can walk. Good to practice with those and it's easier on body too.

Kat-Nice 3 miles! Kudos in those temps!

HCK2-LOL on it not being too awful.

Was a fun weekend. Checked out the Indiana Trail 100 loop. Decent trail, not technical and no long or steep hills but it is rolling for sure and I'm not a fan of the mowed grass trails. For the vast majority it's shaded so that helped but it was hot and humid with upper 80's/low 90's. VERY well organized and this was just their Fat Ass training run. Awesome aid station and again... just a free training run. I'll go back and volunteer for the race. Ran 20 miles in morning. Showered, went into town for a burger and a beer then back to park where we lounged in lounger chairs in the shade for a few hours. Michele wasn't feeling the 20 miles for the evening so we did almost 11 miles using our trekking poles. Was a good day all things considered. Good fast hike training with some breaks to wait for others to catch up. LOL

Lisa