Womens Running

Tuesdailies--Where are you??? (Read 23 times)

Bikerchick1

Sue -glad the foot felt better, hope it was just the shoes Smile

Diane -UGH, on the deer....glad you are ok tho!  Hope you are able to work out the $ situation...

Kathryn - sounds like you have a lot of fun planned for MCM!  Sorry about the taxes Sad

Karen -Jeans and a sweatshirt, must feel great for a change!  Hope all is good at the doctor’s.  It is always hard to find AND like one!

Laura - Finally some fall weather for a couple of days for us!  Enjoy the soccer!

Cathy - hope your run goes good.  Good explanation of the Milwaukee race.  I really feel for people putting events on...it must be so stressful!

Ginny - I think you were very wise on your decision not to do Columbus.  Conditions did not look good, and I see there was a lot of bit#$ing about how they red flagged the end of the event because of lightening in the area.  Nice to have a good weekend away!

Judy - Yikes, you had sleet balls!!!!

Lizzie - Sounds like you are having a great time away!  You would love our “Midwest” weather Smile

Tessa - I read your Pittsburgh RR, sounded like a winner!  Think that might be my spring Marathon!

HH - I usually do some combination of the St. Pat’s race.  Just depends what I am training for at the time, if it fits.  I love that race!

went out for a great 8 on Sunday, woke up Monday sick 🤢. My DD’s whole family was sick, kids first, then parents, so I had the kids on Saturday as DD/SIL were sick.  Anyhow, 24 hours later I am finally up and feeling better...geez.

No run, no walk, barely showered for me last 2 days.

Carol

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

Just a quick flyby today. I attempted my 5k time trial today. 32:29. I don't know what Blair will say of it in terms of prediction but based on the calculator here  on RA and my last official finishing time for the hm my predicted full finishing time is 512-525

I really have been training for a sub 5 so I'm a little disappointed. Taper madness has set in.

Diane I am sorry. I hope it doesn't affect your race.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

WHAM! That is my head hitting the desk.  I am so tired all the sudden.  I need a nap.

Yikes Diane!  Glad you are ok.  I have USAA too.  Always a good experience with them.  My older son and my daughter both totaled their cars in a two week period. Claims process was a snap.

Google "KT tape plantar faciitis "and Youtube videos come up on how to wrap for a particular injury. Easy peasy

Coworker just gave me a big bag of ripe Japanese persimmons.  I think I will just cook them down and make more persimmon butter (like apple butter) in the crock pot.

Carol--good you are feeling better.

dhuffman63

Trails

Sue USAA was fantastic and made me feel so much better.  I'm picking up the rental car this afternoon and the tow truck is coming tomorrow to take my car to the body shop.  Once I get the estimate I'll know what I'm dealing with.  Except for the $500 deductible I'm covered on everything else.  I'm hoping it's not totaled as I really do not want to shop for another car.

I'll sleep on it and determine tomorrow if I'll still go.  If I don't I know I'll feel awful and if I do all I'll think about is the car.  Of course that might take my mind off any pain.

I did google the PF video but I must be YouTube illiterate as I just can seem to put the tape on without wrinkles and it feeling weird.  I'll bring it with me.

Kilmisters

Quick check in as I am supertired from floorball practice; and it starts so late that by the time I get home, have dinner etc it's already midnight... Still feeling a little sore from Sunday's HM but nothing too bad that wouldn't go away after a bit of warmup. DH has also recovered from his race. Heading to the EuroFloorballCup tomorrow to cheer for the girls; most important game of the group stage is the very first one - against Slovakian champions. We are certainly underdogs, but a win wouldn't be a major upset. Randomly came up w an idea to count -all- sports activities in 2018 to get a total number at the end of the year. Say, A miles (B in training, C in races); D games (E in League 1; F in League 2). Could be interesting to see the running+floorball total Smile

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

''Who needs quads anyway!?'' (c) Damaris

Anonymous Guest

Poked and prodded and making up for 2.5 years of not going to the doctor. Well woman exam scheduled for next week, referrals for colonoscopy and an ultrasound, flu shot done, blood taken, peed in a cup and left with a card for poop to drop off or mail back - gonna have to read the instructions on that one. The ultrasound is for a swollen lymph node that she emphasized is probably nothing, but since I haven't been sick she wants to get checked out to make sure. Then I came home and ate everything in the house (she was checking my stomach and said "so I'm glad you remembered to fast"....yeah, I don't do well with not eating and my stomach was grumbling).

Ran 5 easy miles, then went to the store to get some Halloween stuff, there's this thing going around the neighborhood where someone sneaks up and leaves you a goodie bag, and then you're supposed to put this "I've been boo'd" card on your door and make two gift bags and leave for neighbors that haven't been hit. Cute idea, but DH says he's lucky he's married so he doesn't have to deal with it.

Oh Diane, I'm sorry about the accident! I'm glad your insurance is on top of it.

Cathy, I see on the race fb page they have gone from saying "nope, certified course" to "we're undergoing an investigation." Such a shame this happened, kinda sounds like The Woodlands where the cops/volunteers pointed the runners in the wrong direction. Two distance screw ups in two years will be hard to come back from - I hope they do.

Sandy, yay for naps! I’m thinking about a quick one before I head over to the track. I hope you find the extra garage door opener!

Judy, sleet? Wow, and here I am excited it went down into the 50s overnight.

Ginny, I think you totally made the right call on the race last weekend.

Liz, aww, you guys would love living in that area. It kinda sucks being away from family, but I think it’s easier if you don’t have kids. And you just make it work. Nice recovery run, and I’m glad you’re having such a good time. I did not mind the colonoscopy itself (yes, the drugs are great), I just got wrecked by the prep. Didn’t affect DH nearly to the extent it did me, maybe in the 5 years between the prep got better? I started getting them early since my mom got colon cancer in her mid50s.

Kathryn, I think you’re going to be okay for MCM. Weather doesn’t look that bad (at least not the last I saw), especially since you’re used to summer down here. Yikes, I hope you can get the Garmin fixed.

Carol, no being sick allowed! Glad you’re feeling better. I meant to comment on the Pittsburgh Marathon the other day. I haven’t run it but I know a bunch of people that have. I’ve heard nothing but good things about it. I’ve heard hilly because you go over a lot of bridges, but also pretty and interesting and that Pittsburgh is a surprisingly cool city. If you’re friends with Kate that used to post here on fb, I think she’s run it. She lives near there.

Lori, it is what it is. I find that I don’t do nearly as well with a time trial than I do with a race, so would put less stock in that. I checked the pace charts I got in my coaching class and the 5K predicts 5:17. But like I said, if it was a race I bet you’d have done better. Maybe go out a little easy just in case, and then pick it up the second half?

Elina, glad you and DH are recovering nicely. I have no doubt that a lovely spreadsheet will be developed to track all sports in 2018!

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Docket_Rocket

Evening!  Super busy at work so sorry I didn't check in earlier.  RD for me.

Damaris are you still not taking asthma meds?  I've been taking benedryl and/or zyrtec lately for my allergies.  Here's a study that makes me wonder what affect that may have contributed to all my slowness and inability to run without a high heart rate.

https://around.uoregon.edu/content/should-exercisers-lay-antihistamines

I dropped all meds, including asthma meds.  I used to take zyrtec every day and the last time I took it I felt like a zombie and my BP went up.  Nope.  Nope.  Nope.  I suggest both the asthma meds and the antihistamines might be affecting you.

Shoutouts in the next post!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Susan, nice job on the double run.

Laura, nice job on the squat challenge!

Karen, don't be late for that colonoscopy again, you hear me!

Diane, ugh, I'm so sorry!  Hope the rest of the day went a bit better.

Kathryn, hoping the run went well.

Cathy, hoping your TM run goes well.

Sandy, that's cause it was mile 7!  Nice 4.

Judy, hoping the trail run went well.

Ginny, hiya!

Lizzie, nice job on the 5ish.

Carol, ugh, feel better!

Bertha, you are also in the middle of marathon training so your legs might be tired.  Races during training are hard to use as a gauge.

Elina, sounds like you two had a great race!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

This shows how bad the wind was; I couldn't even open my eyes, lol.  I also look bigger than I think I look, as the pics from Chicago showed me like 15lbs less than here and that was only a week, FFS:

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Bikerchick1

Karen - Thanks for advice on Pittsburgh.  Have you ran New Jersey?  I think Long Branch area?

Damarias - your picture looks great!  Can’t believe that wind.

Half Crazy K 2.0

4.5 miles. Got home late and am stuffed up from the rapid change in temps.

Seloc & KatS, it seems like the high keeps going down a degree or 2 each day. So not ideal conditions, but not terrible.

DHuffman, glad you are ok and I hope you can do your race. USAA is great, I had their insurance before I got married, still have other accounts with them.

HuronHeart

Was going to run 3 or 4 miles tonight but my calves were tight and sore so I stopped after 2 miles. it probably wouldn't have hurt to push through for another mile but I talked myself into taking it easy.  Then I came home and worked on finishing a quilt for DD wedding.  Nothing like waiting until the last minute.

dhuffman, scary about the car deer accident. The last car deer accident I had the deer hit me. I was stopped at a corner and the deer came up and out of the ditch and ran right into my car.  I'm glad you are all right and hope you will still be able to run Pumpkin Holler.

Anonymous Guest

Karen - Thanks for advice on Pittsburgh.  Have you ran New Jersey?  I think Long Branch area?

Yes, Lisa and I both ran NJ. It was flat and fast and no problems with organization, etc. We ran it the spring after Superstorm Sandy, so they may have had to reroute it a bit for us, I can't remember for sure. I do remember the last few miles were right on the water, but into a headwind. I also remember I went out to fast and crashed and burned. That was the first time I tried to run a 3:35 and the pacer took off too fast and I was dumb enough to try to stay with him. I don't remember a lot of the course.......Lisa had to show me pictures she took after. I was just focused on not dying because it hurt.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Arimathea

Tessa

Kathy, you are a quilter too? So are Camille and Susan and I. What are you making for DD?

Karen, why do you have to do the sample and the colonoscopy? I managed to avoid the scope -- doctor gaveme three choices (full scope, barium enema, sample) and I plumped for the noninvasive one. I figure if the test comes back "needs looking into" I'll do it, but at least I tried. And that added another job to my list of "things I never ever want to work as". Imagine being the person who has to open all those samples. Basically the test is "poop into a quart jar, take tiny sample in test tube, pour preservative over the remainder, cap jar, mail to lab".

I am with your DH. Not interested in cute little giftie bags.

Diane, ouch, how awful! Sorry about the deer encounter. I am afraid whenever I drive in areas with a lot of deer.

Kat, sorry about the bad day too.

Sandy, I'm guessing they will cancel. There aren't enough hotel rooms for all the displaced people. You have just identified one reason why I tend to book on Southwest -- flights can be changed easily.

Carol, glad you liked the Pittsburgh race report -- that was a fun race. Go for it!

Liz, now they are admitting that there might have been a problem on the course?

Cathy, thanks for the explanation.

Waves to everyone else.

5.4 this morning. I had a meeting so went in late.