Womens Running

Tired Tuesday (Read 19 times)

dhuffman63

Trails

Lizzie, it's percolating in the back of my head.  Taper madness   I'm trying to get more info from the RD but yes it's the same course: Sat, Sun and then Mon.  Not sure what the time limit is so that will be a major factor.  I need to see what this marathon holds for me and then the 50k 2 weeks after.

Docket_Rocket

Damaris...OMG those new running tights look awesome.  Is the fit true to the chart?  Well crap...I ordered the tights AND the shorts.

LOL.

I wear 4 in both and I'm nowhere near a size 4 anywhere, so they fit true but a bit big.  I do wear 6 in tights and capris, just because I do Pilates with them and no one want to see my ass while bending like a pretzel.

So, the Attorney General was here this morning.  First thing I saw when I went down to eat breakfast.  Good thing he is short and also surrounded by people because he couldn't see my lack of makeup, ha.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LC Runs

Okay, so I just ran 2 miles inside my work place  - I don't want to run outside and I don't want to run on the treadmill and heck, I'm the only one here, so I just ran up and around the hallways for 21 minutes lol.  Finished it with some squats and push-ups.  Super slow afternoon since everything got pushed into tomorrow due to weather issues.  This may mean that I've totally lost my marbles 

Diane - wow that race sounds intense, but I'm sure you could do it!  I like the idea of three 26.2 miles every day as opposed to 80 ish miles all at once!

Judy - great job with the XT!

Sue - coughs are the worst, feel better!

Ginny - oh boy, hope your day is now over and you survived it, sounds brutal.

Cathy - nice TM run!  Your friend is still a rockstar for running in that weather!!

Lizzie - I noticed it is getting lighter in the morning whoo hoo!  Now if the stupid ice and snow would leave!

Anonymous Guest

Aaaaahhhhh.....home. Pizza ordered (they finally deliver to my house!). Dog was very very very excited to see me. He's also apparently been sitting in my chair in my absence because it was covered in dog fur and I had to vacuum it off before sitting down.

I wore recovery compression tights on the way home and I just took them off and my left ankle (the one that I twisted and that hurt for about the first half mile yesterday until everything pretty much went numb) was huge. I'm hoping it's mostly from flying and the tights - it doesn't really hurt but it's so much bigger than the other ankle. So a few more days off from running at least.

Tomorrow laundry. Lots and lots of laundry. And groceries. And probably a million other things. But tonight, I catch up on yesterday and today here, I hang out with my boy and my dog and eat pizza, and maybe I start my race report.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

dhuffman63

Trails

Laura I'm thinking given the date if I do it next year it'll be good prep for the Javalena 100k at Halloween.

Docket_Rocket

Aaaaahhhhh.....home. Pizza ordered (they finally deliver to my house!). Dog was very very very excited to see me. He's also apparently been sitting in my chair in my absence because it was covered in dog fur and I had to vacuum it off before sitting down.

I wore recovery compression tights on the way home and I just took them off and my left ankle (the one that I twisted and that hurt for about the first half mile yesterday until everything pretty much went numb) was huge. I'm hoping it's mostly from flying and the tights - it doesn't really hurt but it's so much bigger than the other ankle. So a few more days off from running at least.

Tomorrow laundry. Lots and lots of laundry. And groceries. And probably a million other things. But tonight, I catch up on yesterday and today here, I hang out with my boy and my dog and eat pizza, and maybe I start my race report.

It is probably a combination of the compression, the twisting and the flight.  I get that every so often especially whenever I twist my bad foot.  Same side as my bad knee, hmmm.

I ate a pizza as well.  I mean, a whole pie.  It's never too early to carbo load right?  LOL.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Half Crazy K 2.0

3 very slow miles. Pretty sure another half in less than 2 weeks ain't happening.

Seloc, hopefully it warms up. It's gray and windy here. Again. And there were snow flurries on my way home. It was near 90 on Saturday. Crazy.

CrazySue, hope you can get something that helps from your doctor.

LCRuns, way to get the miles in.

AnonymousGuest, have you tried ice on the ankle?