Womens Running

Wacky Weekend (Over 40) (Read 19 times)

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

I went and did 11.1. At least it wasn't cold. Just loads of rain

Gatsby time for CIM already?  Just seems like that race happened. Time goes too fast

Marjorie

Anonymous Guest

Productive run for me. DH put my old sewing machine on eBay right before I left. I ran 10.6, came back and jokingly asked if it sold yet, and it had! He also sold one of his old bike frames yesterday, so progress is definitely being made on operation clean out the basement and get rid of stuff. Also went through all the boat chemicals and got them together to take to the dump.

Gatsby, you asked about triggers for my migraines - for me they are hormonal. Had them under control with BC pills and was hoping as I got older they'd go away. Instead, this last year they seem to have gotten worse. And now my doctor has retired, and I don't really want to break in her replacement just to move a few months later, so I haven't done anything about them.

DH is doing better - he's completely off the pain pills. Will still be awhile before he gets back on the bike, but I think I've convinced him to go with me to PIlates next weekend. I've seen my instructor deal with varying levels of experience at once during classes, so I think it will go okay.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Arimathea

Tessa

First page:

Lisa, laughing about the comment about "more glaze than Tim Hortons, Dunkin Donuts, and Krispy Kreme combined". Take care of yourself on those roads!

Carol, you are right. Ice is probably the worst of all. That and lightning.

Marjorie, I think I would have needed gloves in 46, but my hands get cold easily. Either gloves or pull down my sleeves to cover my hands, which isn't an option when wearing short sleeves of course.

Gatsby, glad it is raining for you. Wish it was for us too. Is it snow in the Sierras?

Susan, such fun setting up grading spreadsheets. I'll be doing that next week.

Camille, I thought people went to Packers games without shirts on?

Cindy, thanks for the race report. I am sorry about the break in to RB's car. Other than that it sounds good, and glad you are signing up for a half!

Karen, your weather is weird!

Saturday: 21 miles. I did the first 8 with RN, then I turned north and she turned south, she had done 19 the day before and didn't want to do 21 -- though she would have wound up doing 16. She, however, skipped the very long hill I did.

And later that day there was a redheaded woodpecker in one of our trees! I have seen them in the area before but never on our property.

Arimathea

Tessa

Second page:

Marjorie, you get kudos for the rainy double digit run. That can be tough. Are you of the "I'm going to get soaked so I'm not going to try to stay dry" school?

Karen, yay on cleaning out. Dump? Our chemicals have to go to a household waste center, which I have made several trips to over the past year, or to a hazmat roundup when the county puts on an event.

Glad your DH is off the pain pills.

Sis had the same issues with hormonal migraines, she wound up having a complete hysterectomy and while the instant menopause was tough she wished she'd done it earlier because it really helped with the headaches.

6 this morning before WW. I hadn't gone to that meeting since the first week of October because of racing and church commitments, it was nice to be back there. I like the Sunday morning meeting.

We now have a new sliding screen door, even I can handle that level of DIY project. But we still need the front bathroom faucet replaced and the front door leveled and I don't think I can do either of those. Never ends...

Camille-good call to turn around  because of the dog!

Cindy-Great RR!! bummer on the sparse offering at the finish line.  By the time I would have gotten there it would be worse I bet.  You did such a great job on the even splits!!  Well done!

Karen-hard to pass on races but smart of you.

Gatsby-taper time!  fun!

Carol-we'll have to get together again for a run with Susan too!

Marjorie-nutty weather is right.

Damaris-nice workouts!

Karen-woohoo on the ebay sale!

Tessa-nice long run!  Home repair does indeed never end.

Got out at 1pm to meet Katie for drive to Poto trail.  Had turned to rain by then.  45 degrees and rain.  Snow on the trail was mushy but not ice so not too bad.  Did 11.2 miles on those tough trails and ended just as the drizzle was to turn to rain and it was getting dark.  Then on to Running Fest (run buddy David and his wife host this each year) where we wear race shirts and unabashedly talk about running and races.  Fun!  Today we met again at Island lake for 15.5 rainy miles, which included a slippery mud fall for me on my butt.  Temps got up to mid 50's today.  People out in tshirts and shorts. LOL

Finished off those bedrooms and furniture moved back into them.  I'm beat.

Lisa

Hi Didn't get to personals - sorry.

Did get in a 4.3 mile run today and discovered some new trails in the neighborhood.

Didn't even start grading, but worked on lectures for the rest of the semester!  Yes, only three more lectures left in the semester since we have a field trip to another wastewater treatment plant on Wednesday and no class the last day of the semester because of Design Day.  Started on the spreadsheet but didn't get as far as I should have.  Oh well... its started.

And helped DS study for his course on Social Inequality (such fun!!!  NOT!!!).  But UGs are required to do 8 credits of interdisciplinary social science courses.  This is 4 credits. 

Calling it a day soon!

Had a marginally productive day after my 9.6 mile run this morning. Cleaned up around the yard, took care of other chores on which I'd been procrastinating, then stopped being productive to watch football.

HI Damaris. Hope you got your run in tonight.

Marjorie, yep, nearly December and that means time for CIM.  Also means that the year is almost done, yikes.

Karen, I've got the same issue -- hormones can trigger migraines for me too, but it's gotten a lot better as I've gotten older.  That sucks that yours have returned.  Meant to send best wishes for a speedy recovery to your DH.  Was that surgery to remove "li'l miguel"?

Tessa, hallelujah for rain.  But the storm systems were too warm to add much to the snow pack in the Sierras.   I think installing a screen door would be beyond my DIY skills.

Lisa, RunFest sounds like fun -- the kind of thing that would make non-runners run screaming in the opposite direction.  Nice long rainy run for you today, aside from the part when you landed on your butt.

Hi RunnersMom!  New trails sound fun.

Sorry to see the weekend come to an end but looking forward to a short work week!

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR