Womens Running

FRIDAY IS FINALLY HERE DIVAS (Read 15 times)

monk717

Morning ladies.

RR: Rested today... P was up early again, even earlier actually, but I decided to go back to bed instead of cross training. I'm planning to run 4 miles tomorrow and if I do that I will meet my goal of finally making it to the double digits for weekly mileage!

NRR: TGIF! Not sure what we will do this weekend... we wanted to go to a baseball game for the local minor league but the remaining home games are later so not sure we want to try that with P. I need to get my hair cut and A does too.

lizo_77

norcal: hope you find that new spot you need for your business!

monk: glad you're feeling rested! that gives you some "rest hours" in the bank for the weekend! and good luck with that 4 miler tomorrow.

melrunner

So our full ironman is three months from today. That is a scary thought. Cheetttttt!!!!!! I know we are up to 4:30 bike this weekend which is about 80 miles. Tomorrow u have 12 mile run.

Lizo good luck with the phone job interview! When is it?

NC that stinks about your raise being higher. Maybe in a few months you can raise your feees to new clients??

Monk sorry yesterday was a tough day for you.

QOTD has anyone heard of HOKA shoes?

SassySparky

NC / MA - the heel drop in the Ride 5 and Ride 6 is 8 mm; in the Ghost it's a little higher at 11 mm. I loved switching from the Ghost to the Ride 5 (though the Ghost was fine, I just had even better running with the Ride 5). I am gonna try out my Ride 6 again tomorrow on a short run and see if I get that weird ankle issue again. The thing is, I didn't think there would be much of an issue since I wear orthotics, but even the orthotics feel a little different.  I'm a little hesitant to switch to the Kinvara (though I have considered it) because the heel drop is only 4 mm. Maybe next year when I don't have a full on the horizon I will try something a little different. I've been injury-free for almost 3 years ... I don't want to mess anything up!

I'll be running my first full, the Richmond Marathon on November 16, 2013!