Womens Running

Monday, Monday (Dailies) (Read 29 times)

Anonymous Guest

6 very very easy miles for me this morning. I couldn't run hard even if I'd wanted to after yesterday's run. Plus it's kinda warm and humid again here, sigh. I want to front load my miles this week because I decided to race a 10 miler on Sunday, but I'm just tired from the miles last week. Probably will end up with this being a bit of a cutback week.

Sandy, were you the one that recommended the Eleanor Oliphant book? I've been on the waiting list at the library ever since you did and it finally came available Friday. Downloaded it Friday night and finished it yesterday - really good. Thanks for that!

Diane, nice job on the race. For the 50 states you can count for the state it starts in or the state it finishes in. I already have Oklahoma and Missouri.....if only they'd start the full in Kansas! Sounds like a nice event though.

Amy, I am sorry about your friend's daughter. Especially being the same age as your soon, that has to be tough.

camille, the hiking in VA sounds nice. I wish I'd taken advantage of living so close to that area when I did.

Lori, Tessa makes a good point, better to be too long than too short. Trust me on that, says the girl that was running her best marathon in 3.5 years and then came across the finish line at mile 25.8 due to a course screw up. I don't count that one in my marathon total.

Liz, that is a busy day you had yesterday. Jealous of your temperature this morning!

Cathy, wow on your friend's first marathon!

Damaris, I hear you on the OTF. I think about upgrading to 2x/week, but I don't know if I want to commit to that......and I don't even work! I met a girl that goes 5 days a week, I can't imagine.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

ginnyb

Hi all,

I can never get on during the weekend anymore because all I have is my phone and that drives me crazy.  I really need to buy a new computer.

I, too, read the weekend, but not sure how much I remember.

Marjorie....the garden is beautiful and happy birthday to the doggies!  So glad quincy is doing well!

Diane...nice job on the race. That is a great walking pace.

Karen...that is a lot of mileage.  Glad the weather is improving some.  I think a FE at Liz's wedding ( if there is one)  would be so fun.

Sandy...nice 16 , even though you said you didn't feel all that great.  It's done!  I will be watching The Twins and the Yankees Tuesday night.

Judy...we didn't have any signs of frost here in Sandusky, but it certainly was chilly Sunday morning.

Liz...so happy for you and HCBF!  I'm like Karen, it's so exciitng to be so much in love and we have witnessed it all through you!  When you said you couldn't imagine doing the mileage that Karen does, I thought that you absolutely could and probably will eventually.

Camille.  wow, you had a busy and active weekend.

Sorry so many of you have colds or are coming down with one.  I very rarely get a cold, I am abnormally healthy, that's why I have to take mental health days from work, I never get sick to take my sick days.

Kat...too bad you and your friend won't be able to run together.  Sounds like she and I could though, I try to start out in the 14's too and, hopefully, get faster towards the end.  Sorry about the headache, even if it were self-induced.  Have fun with the nails and running store.

DGD suffered a concussion last Monday during her soccer game, so is under concussion protocal and she is pissed!  Better safe than sorry I say, but I understand how she feels.  She still has a headache.  Missed her championship softball game yesterday and tonight they are playing their biggest rival in Soccer and she can't play, last time they tied.  She did go to homecoming on Saturday though and looked beautiful.

i worked legs with trainer on Saturday, ran 7 miles on Sunday and 3 miles this morning.  Felt pretty good for all, so feeling a little more optimistic about running the Columbus Half, still we shall see.

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Docket_Rocket

Kathryn, yeah, that's lunch time for me, LOL.  We normally never have an issue eating somewhere that night, so I will keep you posted as to our plans for later that day.  It has been hotter before for Chicago, so not too sad (especially since it's not a goal race as every year).  Still, can we just get 35F?  Sheesh. Smile

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Karen, it's easier to do unlimited if you are not running or doing anything else.  I am sure without Pilates I could go more, but alas, we are busy, ha.  Nice 6.

Ginny, ugh.  Hoping GD is feeling better!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

dhuffman63

Trails

Ginny, I've had multiple concussions and now I have to worry about TBI in my later years.  I suffer from some serious memory issues so sticking to the protocol is best.  They didn't have that and of course mine were horse accident related so it never would have occurred to my parents.

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Ugh, I really don’t have much to say. I have been watching the coverage for the LV shooting and I just can’t…speechless. Very sad.

Camille – Nice job on the climb!! I live here and I didn’t even know that existed hahah. Skyline Drive is GORGEOUS! Especially in the height of Fall!

Diane – Congrats on the race!! Sounds like you had perfect weather except for the winds. Winds are worse than rain in my opinion. Nice job!!! Must have really had some hills if your booty is sore!

Amy – Nice run this morning! Intervals suck haha. I hate shopping also..I have to be in the mood. If I get in the mood I better go because that mood does not come around often haha. Sorry to hear about your friends daughter. That is awful.

Sandy – Yes, HCBF is back at the beach. He will be back tonight though. I made him a dentist apt for tomorrow, but after that he is heading back down there. I am assuming until the end of the heek. Ho hum.  Enjoy your rest day!!

Lori – Enjoy your day off!!!

Cathy – WOW! Congrats to your friend!!! What an awesome time for the first marathon. Geez! Sorry you are still feeling pain in the foot L We are supposed to be in the 80’s later this week, also. BOO. MMMM those chocolate cakes sound yummy. You are right – if the worst thing about HCBF is his job..then its not so bad. He just needs to work on his work life balance. I hope you feel better soon!!!

Docket – Good luck on the miles tonight and hope the knee feels better! Smart move on the OTF! LV is so sad. SO SAD

Tessa – Yes, we are working on it! You are always finding money on your runs Smile How do you see change like that in the dark?!

Kathryn – Have fun getting your nails did! Like you said, your friend will catch up with you. Better to do what you are used too! Are you excited? 70’s aren’t that bad. I guess much better than what you have been running in Smile

Karen – Nice miles this morning. 10 mile race? I am assuming its local. Are you going to try to get anyone from the running group to join you!? OTF 5 days a week? I don’t even go and I can’t imagine that haha.

Ginny – You’re so sweet. Thank you for your sweet words Smile So that means you are down for the epic FE?! Haha. DGD looked gorgeous in the pictures you posted of her homecoming! Sorry to hear she suffered a concussion! Hope she can get out there and play soon! YAY for the good miles!!! I really do hope you decide to run Columbus Half!

Off to finish work then heading to the gym! Have a great evening all!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

HI ladies!

I posted last on Wednesday .........but looks like you all might have missed it.

Anyway, we are still settling in our 'work home' but we are in our northern AZ home on weekends.  I can run the mountain trails here and will probably run intervals on TM at the work home location, the facility has a small, clean fitness center with new equipment.  I'm at the library again, we will be returning to the work home later today.  Hoping to get in a short run.  I'm planning to volunteer for this again this year.  Due to the slow recovery of my injury, I won't be running it, darn it!! https://aravaiparunning.com/network/flagstaff/

In the meantime, still searching for a Oct trail race, a 25k or a 30k would be awesome!!  But so far, these are the races I registered for:

Nov. 5th -- Moab (UT) HM trail race.

Nov. 18th -- Monument Valley (UT) trail marathon.  My trail running buddy from MN will be running that as well, YIPPEE!!

Feb. 23, 2018 --- Antelope Canyon 55k. Page, AZ

Mar. 25, 2018 --- Bataan Memorial Death March marathon. White Sands, NM

Tessa:  Registration opened for the Bataan Memorial Death March, I registered today for the marathon.  You? and Kats?

Will check in again later this week. Have a great week everyone!!

Seloc

Ginny – LOL I’m abnormally healthy, too!  I’m totally okay with that, though.  Nice workouts this weekend!  How’s the weather look for Columbus?  That would be the deciding factor for me.  Oh!  I get to pick up The Lightkeeper’s Daughter after work today – a brand spankin new book the library bought just for me!!

Karen – I did mention Eleanor Oliphant – I’m glad you liked it!  I was going to say the same as Damaris – the girl that goes 5 days/wk to OTF probably doesn’t do anything else.  Which is just fine!!  I ran into that at CrossFit, too.  That’s their workout of the day – a challenge for us runners who try to do it all.  Did you kick DH back to the office today?  LOL

Kat – sorry about the wine headache.  Been there!!  I think it’s great you are still going to Chicago.  I think you will have fun!  Yeah, no way the weather will be like 2007.  And should be moderate but maybe a bit warm for running.  Even at TCM yesterday, 55* and rain is pretty warm.  Had a guy cramp at mi 19 by me so we helped him hobble to EMS.

Tessa – nice miles this morning and woohoo on a run that pays!!

Damaris – OMG I would be a zombie on only 3hours sleep!  I do NOT blame you in the least on cutting down OTF to 1 day/wk.  I seriously have NO idea how you fit it all in.  Oh wait, seems like you never sleep!  Plus, taper week, lady!

Cathy – I’m pissed at your foot LOL  You are handling it MUCH better than I would be.  Oh, mostly because I would just keep running haha  OMG on your speedy friend!  Holy cow – BQ -20 for her first?!!  A natural!!  Glad the forum guy did well at TCM yesterday.  I haven’t talked to any of my friends, yet, but was kinda wondering how miles 19-21 felt uphill into the windy rain.

Lori – yay for a rest day and first day of work layoff!!

Lizzie – I think you asked over the weekend if I would get a massage – probably not.  I don’t mind them but haven’t found a really good one.  I have a friend that is a massage therapist in the PNW.  I always compare everyone to her and no one has yet to measure up!  I suspect my SI joint is out of whack so I’m going to the chiro in the morning.  Also have to stretch more – like the stretch you described – grabbing my knees.  I just get lazy.  Happy HCBF will be home tonight but bummer he is heading back down.  I need to look at Banana Republic stuff!

Hi Diana! – oh, wow, I didn’t realize you have TWO homes in AZ – wowzers!!  Do you feel settled in?  Nice little race calendar you have to look forward to.  And super fun your MN pal is coming out to do one with you!  Love hearing from you when you are able to check in.

Kind of a slow day but getting a lot checked off my to-do list so there is that.  Starting to think about a spring marathon.  Pondering Dallas in mid-March, Fargo in mid-May, Glass City (Toledo) in late April or Cleveland mid-May.  I also think I’ve decided on the big five oh trip in 2019 – Thailand.  Khon Kaen International Marathon in Jan or Buriram Marathon in Feb.  Have a good night, peeps!!

Arimathea

Tessa

Diane, as Karen said, 50 State Club lets you use the race for either the state it starts in or the state it finishes in. Not any other state it goes through. So Mesquite, which started in Utah, cut the corner of Arizona, and finished in Nevada, could be used for UT or NV but not AZ. And Karen, I have Kansas but not OK or MO so that race would be very useful for me.

You can't count the same race for 2 different states in the same year, but if you run the race in 2 different years you can count the race for 2 different states. So I used Hatfield-McCoy 2008 for WV and H-M 2013 for KY.

I can't imagine going to OTF every day. That workout sounds tough!

Hi Diana! Replied to your last post however good to see you again.

Kat, go for it! 4:30 dinner? That's a late lunch IMHO.

6.31 on the TM at lunch. No $ found. How do I find coins in the morning? Streetlights, and I'm sure I've run past plenty.

Ginny, glad your DGD is obeying the protocol. Concussions are not something to play around with.

LC Runs

Happy Monday!

3.1 miles after work.  This morning, I was like, "not happening" and set my alarm for another hour LOL.  Beautiful day today.  I only did one mile yesterday to keep the streak going.  Had a nice lunch with my DD yesterday to celebrate her birthday (today), my mom and her hubs all met at her school, first time they had been there.  She'll be home this weekend, too, as it's her high school homecoming.

Judy - nice workout weekend for you.  I was surprised by the frost on Saturday morning, there is a wooden bridge I run over often and it was slick.

Camille - thanks for starting us off! Ugh on the cold.  Sounds like a beautiful and fun weekend!

Lizzie - great morning run, I know you love this weather!  Sounds like you got a lot accomplished yesterday.  I hope your day today wasn't too nutty.  So, I must go back and read yesterday's thread...rings??? Whoo hoo!

Diane - GREAT job!! Your dinner sounds delish btw!

Amy - nice job on the intervals, I don't do them nearly enough.  I am so sorry about your friend's daughter, so sad.

Sandy - hope you enjoyed your rest day Smile

Lori - today is a fabulous day to not be working!!

Cathy - dang on the continued issue with your heel.  So awesome for your friend,that is a great time!

Damaris - hope you had a good 5 miles!  Ouch on the tripping!

Tessa - nice morning run and cool about finding the change, we keep a bowl that we fill with change and then cash it in once or twice a year, amazing how fast it adds up!

Kat - good luck this weekend!  Hope you and Damaris are able to meet up!

LC Runs

Karen - nice 6!

Ginny - great weekend workouts.  I loved the homecoming pics, GD is so beautiful.  Ugh on her concussion watch, I bet that is frustrating for her.

Diana - glad you are settling in!  Nice race schedule!!

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

UGH, my whole post disappeared....  Am I back on RWOL???  I think more likely user error....

Diana, I will sign up for Bataan when I am back from Chicago/MCM, spending too much and need the cash for them.  Early bird goes to 12/31.  I don't think Tessa can go.  It might be the 2 of us unless we can convince others.  Ahem, Sandy.....

Sandy, come join us (Diana and I) for Bataan on March 25th, and Diane and I, and hopefully others, for Pinelands on May 26th.  Nice trip thoughts for your 50th.

Ginny, glad you are doing better and more optimistic for Columbus!

Damaris, I will likely be up fairly late Sat night, I will need a snack most likely!  4:15 is crazy early, but they wanted a specific restaurant - and they wanted 6pm, prime dinner time...

Lizzie, yes, I am excited, and nervous of course.

Tessa, 4:15 is snacky-poo time for me, not dinner.  I like to eat later when I go out.

Laura, glad you were able to get some miles in later today in the nice weather.

OK, I think I got most of what I lost.  Nails are done, GU is gotten, and hard cider is in hand.  Tired, but might watch some MNF later.

Kathryn

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

LC Runs

Okay, re read the weekend thread....

Hi Half Crazy - that is weird about the neighbors and the dog - glad they didn't home cremate it yuck!

Lizzie - That is so sweet about HCBF!!  I don't watch Greys, I've only seen a handful of episodes.  I don't watch much on network tv for some reason.  I am now watching Bosch which is an Amazon Prime, I keep finding good shows but they are mostly only one season ha ha!

Kat - this forum is taking some getting used to, I keep scrolling up to find the posts (RWOL) but here you have to scroll down.....blah!

Docket_Rocket

Hi, az2mtntrail (Diana)!

Nice TM run, even without money being found, Tessa.

Sandy, wow, Thailand!  Sounds fun!

Laura, nice job on the run.

Kathryn, hard cider sounds good. I am still waiting for hubby to get dressed so we can go to dinner, sigh.

Damaris

Fundraising Page