Womens Running

Thawing Thursday - Supermoms (Read 19 times)

moxieluvah

mer - you sound just like me at school, i always have my coat on!

CA - season 6 is the one with the professor and his partner. awesome job on the 800s! sorry about the job hunt, I hope you find something soon!

eh - 9 days off is a nice break but is it nice to get back into a routine. Glad they had fun at the game!

spike - it's not like she just picked a random person off the streets to house/babysit, people need to lighten up!

RG - my belly definitely popped out sooner with #2. 15 weeks already, times flies!

Erniegirl

mer - Definitely sounds like he's ready for undies. Wow, you scored a really good online deal from gap!

moxie - I felt like the storyline for S6 of Dexter had the potential to be good, but ended up being totally boring. The professor's student was just such a boring character. Boo on the freezing cold classroom. That makes for such a miserable day of work.

CA - 6 x 800 is a nice workout! Fingers crossed that you get some good news about the job situation.

eh - That is a late night for the kids! Hope they weren't too grumpy today. I agree that online shopping is both awesome and dangerous. I think I also buy things I don't really need sometimes just because they are on sale. I'm training for a spring marathon - either Toronto or Mississauga but leaning towards Mississauga.

Spike - That sounds like a nice, hearty soup for the winter. The santimommy comment is especially ridiculous considering the kid is 12 years old. It's not like he needs much looking after - basically, make sure he goes to school and doesn't burn down the house.

zorbs - After all this talk about the dead bug workout, I must look it up and try it.

rg - The crying wake ups might just be him still not feeling great but having trouble sleeping. You know that "I'm so tired I could cry" feeling, except when you're a toddler, you actually do get to cry! Ha ha on the disappearing bump. When did you start showing with R? I remember I thought I had a bump for weeks and weeks with S, but I didn't actually start showing until I was like 24 weeks pg.

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

ernie - here's 2 good reasons why you don't want to do Toronto Marathon

1) there's a giant hill at 40K.

2) you have to run like 7K past the finish line.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

superspike113

Honorary Old

Ugh DH is doing a bang-up job of annoying me today and now I'm not looking forward to take the day off to spend with him tomorrow. Need to reframe myself into a more positive state of mind.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

Erniegirl

zorbs - Having to run 7k past the finish line is the rudest thing ever. My three things in favour of Toronto are: more fun to run in Toronto than Mississauga, logistically easier on race day, and I have lots of friends in Toronto that will come cheer for me.

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

RG - Poor R, hopefully he's back to 100% soon.  Ha, the bump comes and goes easily in the early days.  I showed so early w/ O it was nuts!

moxie - ah yes, that was not the best season, which is why i totally had forgotten about it.  the next season is better.

ernie - that'll be a tough call on which marathon, I like the idea of easier logistics and having friends cheer you on, but don't like hills or running past the finish.  Maybe you can convince your friends to come out to Mississauga!

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

beckykay

Spike:  Not to be all sanctimonious but reading your FB I thought the same thing, who the hell leaves their kid home while they go on vacation.  I think if it was clear that work was footing the bill it would be different.  I personally wouldn't leave C here in the burg while I was on vacation unless he could stay with family.  That is a lot to ask of someone.

superspike113

Honorary Old

Spike:  Not to be all sanctimonious but reading your FB I thought the same thing, who the hell leaves their kid home while they go on vacation.  I think if it was clear that work was footing the bill it would be different.  I personally wouldn't leave C here in the burg while I was on vacation unless he could stay with family.  That is a lot to ask of someone.

Becky- part of the Financial Advisor compensation is earning up to 2 vacations a year. Generally, the vacations are worth $5-6k and the cash option is only worth $2k. She is finalizing her 5th divorce this month, which might explain why she doesn't have friends and her family is too dysfunctional to watch her son. She has cashed out her vacations several times over the past few years, so maybe she really needs this one. Sometimes the trips don't allow kids under 18, otherwise she would take him with her.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

runnergirl9508

Ernie- I was about 25 weeks before I popped with R.

Kant- happy 1st bday to A!

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08