Womens Running

Trailing Along Tuesday (Over 40) (Read 18 times)

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Post. 

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Batgirl, hugs for you.

Monday I was very busy at work and cheered up from the depression quickly. After work I stopped to drop off some things at a friend’s house. I had changed clothes to my running stuff and did 60 minutes in the park and out the trail. Weather was great for a run.

Today I plan a quick grocery stop and then a track run. Some cardio DVD would work well before supper.

Happy runs, All!  :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Good Morning!

4.5 miles with Jeffrey this morning.  I had enough time to stretch afterwards.  I am always in such a hurry I do not stretch.  I think it is catching up with me--always feel tight and stiff in the mornings.

Flying to D.C. area in the morning.  Karen--wish you weren't so crazy busy this week and we could run but it sounds like if you added one more thing to your Thursday list your head would explode.  I'm presenting my sea life quilt to the NOAA Administrator on Friday.  I didn't think it warranted a trip up, but they wanted me to deliver it in person.  Hope she likes it .  Will post pic eventually.

Have a great day everyone!!

Docket_Rocket

Morning, ladies!  I have 9 miles with 2 X 2 miles at HMP and the drama at work has me fired up enough that I should fly through this.  Ugh.

Judy, glad to hear you are feeling better.

Sue, have fun in DC!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Arimathea

Tessa

Susan, I want to hear more about this sea life quilt! Pictures please?

Karen, I do hope life gets a bit easier. Looking forward to seeing you next month.

Judy, hugs. The depression comes in waves. And it does get less immediate as time goes on.

Damaris, imagine you're pounding the worst offender into the tarmac with each step.

4 miles with RN this morning. Very easy miles since she is still sore from Sunday's race. She was 3 minutes slower than last year but still came in well under 3:50. Her DH is also sore, for a different reason -- he didn't like the course and his time was in the 4:20 range. I have a meeting at lunch but might possibly try for some more mileage this evening.

Anonymous Guest

Susan, the quilt sounds really cool. I'm sorry I'm going to be stuck in meetings in Alexandria the next two days - I would love to get together otherwise. Although, sadly, we couldn't go for a run because I'm not running right now. I may test it again in the next couple days.

Thanks Judy, hugs received and appreciated!

Damaris, work drama can totally up the pace of a run! That's a hard workout - HMP is hard to hit in the middle of marathon training.

Morning, Tessa. I'm looking forward to it too! One reason I'm being extra cautious with this foot thing is that I don't want to miss all the fun races I have planned yet this year - and those two top the fun list!

I went to bed at 8:00 last night (did I mention I also have a stomach thing which has had me running to the bathroom and feeling a little weak and yucky since Sunday morning?) and still had trouble getting up at 6 this morning. The stress must be showing - my boss came in this morning, took one look at me and said "what's wrong". I just listed everything off and she looked like she was going to cry for me.  But I'm not feeling as overwhelmed as yesterday, and if I'm feeling better by the end of the day, I'm going to try for a short spin on the bike tonight. I think things will get better once the Fall Meeting for work is over (just a week and a half to go!). Still swamped, but all those constant little annoying things won't be interrupting me all the time once I'm not dealing with registration and crap for that. And I just heard the boss tell the guy that sits outside my office that he's going to be doing more of the registration and stuff for meetings after this one. Yay. It also just makes sense since I won't be in the office, and I have to work pretty closely with the finance guy on that stuff, and he's one who does better face-to-face than emails and phone calls. I've said it before - if you don't like meetings, you should probably stay away from the trade association world!

On the plus side, I did get signed up for my three-day meeting facilitation class in Boston in November. And I pointed out to my boss that she put "Senior Manager" after my name on the fall meeting ppt, and I was only a manager. She said she's announcing my promotion right before I get up to speak, so that's why she did it. Works for me! And I think all part of her plan to make me look more important to my programs and the association so she can sell the Board on my working remote.

Okay, off to finish up these statistics for the meeting tomorrow. The stuff I got from the program administrator was useless, and it took them an entire day to get it for me. At this point, I don't have time to explain things, so I have fix it myself. I will need more detailed stuff later on though, so we will be having a discussion soon.

karen

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

ginnyb

Karen....boy, you have a lot on your plate right now.  I would tell you to relax a little, but I don't think you have time!  Just take of yourself.  Hope the bike ride goes well tonight.  Too bad you won't be able to meet up with Susan.

Susan...yes, give us pictures of the quilt.

Hi Damaris and Tessa.

I have not run since Saturday, was planning on going out for a short run tonight, but my son just texted me it see if I could babysit tonight for a little bit while he and daughter in law go out to dinner.  They don't ask much and they don't get out much, so I will be happy to babysit the little cuties.

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

camille2

karen, healing vibes to you.  It will get better.

ginny, have fun with the babies.

Waves to everyone else!

Tonight I'm doing the first of the local Tuesday night cross country race series put on by the Parks and rec department. The length and course aren't announced until the start.  They are very popular and more than 1000 run or walk. $7.  Having dinner with old Ak friends afterwards.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

This. Is a cut back week so no run today. I considered running when I got to the hotel, but it was thunderstorms. And I really need a cut back week I think.

Karen hope you get to exercise. You need an outlet. Don't push the foot too fast. It will get there

Tessa how are you holding up?  It's been a while since your hubby died. It can't always be easy.

Waves es to everyone.

Marjorie

Ran last night while dd had soccer practice. 6 miles on sort of rail trail....follows a river so does wind around.  fairly boring but not road.

Karen=things will improve.  good to reset expectations and change those plans with foot still acting up.  DWD is on the 20th.  I'm sure that a team would love to have you if you want "trails".  this is 20th anniversary of it so Randy promises something special.  gulp.  2 run buddies are doing the 50k.  relay for me.

Judy-glad to hear you perk up.

waves to all!  Have to head out to gym.  Guess I should have started a new thread. oh well.

Lisa