Womens Running

Thinking Thursday (Over 40) (Read 15 times)

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Thursdays are very hard to alliterate.

Post.

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Yesterday by afternoon I was unusually tired and had a sinus headache. I decided to go straight home and do 40 minutes of newer cardio exercises. My little sticks of arms got a workout.  Headache went away. Getting the blood flowing helped.

Today should be a track run, then cardio. I feel better this morning.

Happy runs, All! :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Sorry for being MIA so much this week but I have been in court every day, which takes a huge chunk of time.  Plus the idiot attorney at the office had to be taken off a case and it was given to me, so I spent all afternoon and part of the evening preparing for her hearings today (which I resolved last night in 5 minutes as compared to her yelling at people for days).  Anyway, ran 6 last night and lifted weights.  They both sucked.  I have Pilates tonight, maybe weights, and a run with hubby.

Judy, ugh at the sinus headache.  Nice job on the arms.

Happy belated birthday, Marjorie!

Karen, that is irritating.  Did you find the card?

Have a great day!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Anonymous Guest

Found my badge - woohoo! It had fallen off while still in my car, so was just sitting there when I got back to my train station last night. Massage wasn't quite as painful as the last time - he said that's because my foot and calf weren't as messed up as they were before. All the stretching and stuff, plus taking it easy running, seems to be doing the trick. Good to have confirmation that it does indeed seem to be getting better. Pilates last night was fun - it was apparatus class and one of the other two girls was just hilarious. We were cracking each other up the whole time. Once we even got our instructor laughing so hard she had to stop and sit down. They had a mat class going on at the same time and while it gets a lot more people (it costs less), it just looks kinda boring. I mean, we do some of the same stuff, but we also do lots more fun stuff on the reformer and with springs.

More meetings today, interspersed with finding all the answers for a meeting tomorrow. Unfortunately, I'm not sure the answer that my boss wants me to find actually exists.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Good Morning!  WHY does spin class kick my a$$ every time???

Yay Karen!!  Glad you found your badge

Judy--yay!!  Headache free is good.

Ugh.  BF is a sweetheart, but he was supposed to sail for three weeks, leaving today.  Hydraulics on the boat are messed up again, so he is not sailing.  I have planned to go w runner friends to Panama City Fl this weekend for IM FL to cheer for one of our group.  I hope he sails tomorrow so I don't feel a twinge guilty about leaving him or not going with them.  Sad  This has been going on for weeks---they are supposed to leave so he wants me to hang with him, I change my plans and then they don't sail due to one problem or another.  We have been doing almost everything together lately.  I am ready for a little space and girl friend time.   Rant over.  Thanks for understanding.

ginnyb

I think I need an intervention.  I HAVE TO START RUNNING AGAIN!  It has been 10 days...I have to get my butt out of bed and out on the street!

Sue...yep, we all need our girl time and just alone time.

Judy...good job on working on the arms...another thing I need to do.

Karen...glad you found your badge and good that the foot has gotten so much better.

I have the day off tomorrow, so I have no excuse not to get out there and run, unless it is cold and rainy , which is predicted...then I SHOULD go use the treadmill....

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Well, BF is supposed to sail tomorrow at 2 pm.  I'm leaving with the girls at 1230.  They'd better sail!

Ginny--just set a goal of an easy 20-30 minute run to get you moving again.  Wink

Arimathea

Tessa

Susan, I understand completely. You need some time to do your own things and also some girlfriend time. Hope the ship sails today! If not, do you have a business trip coming up?

Marjorie, I know you're not racing, still it is a way of putting a positive spin on getting older!

Judy, glad the headache went away.

Damaris, pesky work interfering with forum time...

Karen, good thing that you found your badge. Losing them is a pain. I'd be particularly irritated since I have my TAP card in the same holder as my work badge.

Ginny, YES get your butt out of bed and hit that road!

1.6 this morning. I was not good about hauling out, but did it anyway. Ready for the weekend!

And I am so glad I don't work for the San Francisco police department. Or the sanitation department. A parade for the Giants tomorrow AND Halloween celebrations. On a Friday. Yikes. Those streets are not going to be pretty on Saturday morning.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

10.1. I wasn't even going to run but when the doctor tells you how healthy you are, kinda makes you not want to skip a run. Had early am doc appointment. Nice when it is just annual visit. All is great and labs are perfect etc. I told him I just didn't want to be my parents so I do all I can to  not have all the problems they had/have.

Birthday was fine. Nothing big. Dh and I will go to the movies tomorrow.  His bd is next week so we can put it all together.  We usually do since we don't give out Halloween candy and just go out that night.

Damaris sorry the workout sucked. Surprisingly I was not sore from Pilates. And that was after not doing it formally for 3 weeks while my instructor  was in out of the country

Karen I love the reformer too

Ginny go run!  It is your birthday tomorrow.  You need to show it who is boss!

Sue yes, you need some on your own time.

Tessa yes, those streets will be a nightmare!

Marjorie

Anonymous Guest

Ginny, isn't it your birthday tomorrow? How about running 31 minutes (since your birthday is the 31st) or sixty-howevermany minutes for your age?

Susan, even if BF's ship doesn't sail, go with your friends and don't feel guilty!

Hi to all, just realized it's almost time to go home.....

karen

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Ginny-I will look for some nice trail for us to run on that is between me and you. Which day is better for you this weekend?  I'm pretty open in the mornings!

Susan-kind of surprised that Tessa didn't mention how usually women are talking about the fleet coming in, not looking forward to it going out.

45 minutes on the waverider machine (never know what to call it). cross between an elliptical and stair climber.  good glute/hamstring workout!

Lisa

Marjorie-Kudos to you on the healthy checkup.  I'm pretty much same way.  I've had wisdom teeth out, 3 babies (all natural), and knee surgery.  Other than that really nothing.

Tessa-It will be a mess in San Fran.

Karen-who knew that finding a badge would make someone so excited.  LOL  I understand though.

Damaris-well, at least it's not going to snow where you live tomorrow.  there is that.

Judy-hard to alliterate.. glad I left it to you!

Lovely trick or treat weather coming tomorrow here in Detroit.  Rain turning to sleet turning to snow.  Saying "At least it's not November" is absolutely no help whatsoever.

Pieces of my costume for tomorrow's work party.  "Social Butterfly"  Will wear all black and pin the badges (I have more) all over me.  I also considered going a "the cloud" by using cotton or pillow stuffing and sticking funny pictures, fake credit cards, etc. into the fluff.

Lisa

Docket_Rocket

Took a rest day.  Too much shit going on.

Lisa, love the outfit!

Marjorie, 3 weeks no pilates?  Da fuck?

Karen, glad you found the ID!

Tessa, I hate work interfering with my time, LOL.

Ginny, go run now!

Sue, I would go anyway.  he will understand.  Have fun!  Too bad it's not closer to me (although I'll be in NY, nevermind).

Have a great evening!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Arimathea

Tessa

Lisa, I like the outfit! Last year one of my students showed up for class in a devil costume with those "Hello My Name Is" stickers all over herself. She explained that she was "Bad With Names".

Hey, I deliberately did not make a joke about the fleet being in. Or a girl in every port. Or the RenFaire song that points out that "if you added two and two you'd figure it out right quick / That it's because the girls all have a man on every ship!"

Ginny, early happy birthday! It's my dad's tomorrow too. He will be 80. Somehow that seems so much older than 79....

Did 7.11 miles on the TM today, while reading a cookbook/memoir titled "But Mama Always Put Vodka in Her Sangria!" You can imagine the party that gave rise to that explanation. Good recipes, though. I usually seem to come away from every cookbook I read with at least one recipe that goes into the rotation.

No, saying "At least it's not November" is no help. We are excited here because there are clouds and it may actually rain a little. All fingers are crossed that we will get an El Nino winter with lots of rain. And I am selfishly glad that we have a new roof!