Womens Running

Wintry weekend (over 40) (Read 21 times)

LC Runs

Hey Gang!

5 outdoor miles today, the snow held off and the temps are decent (19 degrees).  Will most likely be next Saturday before I'm outside again.

Damaris - nice 6, sorry about the ITB, I've had that before and it is no fun.  Good Luck with Disney!

Marjorie - have a wonderful weekend!

Karen - oh, yes, I have a treadmill (although it's on it's last winter so I'm trying to save $$ for a new one for next year).  I think I'm going to try a Hal Higdon marathon plan, though I also have Hanson's book and like their theory of the 'shorter' long training runs.

Lisa - stay safe and warm.  My BF has to drive down to southern Ohio today, going to be an awful drive.  But, would he listen when I suggested leaving a day early......

Gatsby - you did have a productive day.  I'll send you my to-do list LOL

Hi Tessa - weather sounds lovely!

Bikerchick1

LCruns - Glad you were able to get a nice run in this morning!  So many marathon training plans to choose from Smile  I am really liking Hansen's program as well, reading through it makes alot of sense to me!  Do you and your RB run at similar paces?  Hope your BF has a safe drive....it doesn't sound like it will be fun tho.

Snow has started here.....several inches expected with winch chill advisory!  My RB's went out this am, I am still invited/uninvited LOL....Actually feel very good after my little run on DM last night 

Stay warm & safe everyone.

Carol

Good Morning!

I think I'm back on track.  Did 5 miles yesterday and 8.5 with the gang this morning.  Yay!!

Hanson Plan--my friend Randy has been following their plan for the Houston Marathon in a week or two.  He is really getting faster.  I know he PR'd the HM in the fall.  I think he will do really well at the race.  The longest run is only 16 miles, but he has had several 50+ mile weeks.

Downton Abbey tonight--yay!

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

14.2. Walking it was over 15 but I'll just count the run. Pretty happy with it.   I could have done the 15 something but the walk home over a mile was nice. Weather is wonderful before we get the cold front tomorrow. Shorts today but in sure it will be full winter gear for Tuesday since the high won't even get to 40

Laura it has been a nice weekend. I didn't get to sleep well because Quincy wanted to sleep on my side of the bed and on the edge. Forcing me towards the middle so making turning difficult since dh doesn't move and only gave me a sliver of a space. Silly pup. I won't let  him do that again.

Carol  I will be bundled up come tomorrow night!!  Stay warm

Sue I haven't watched Downton Abby. I would really like it, I'm sure.

Karen I think you'll do great at Disney.

Marjorie

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Lisa, haha yes the injuries suck is tongue in cheek but they do suck

Tessa nice run. Hope this year is a smooth one.

Marjorie

Sigh... perfect running conditions!

Talked my new running buddy (from NYE race) into running with Yak Trax at the park today.  Of course she loved it.  The park had plowed half of the paved trail and left other side for cross country skiers.  I think it's neat that they do this so that we can coexist.  When we started there was a couple of inches of new snow but the park guys came by with a plow so we got to run on the freshly plowed part which was about perfect.  Still some snow pack for the Yak Trax to dig into (more than it looks here actually) but not enough to get into shoes or give you the running in sand feeling. For Detroit, close to a foot on the ground is a lot.  2 more inches have fallen but now it's picked up... 4 more expected by 10pm then 4 more overnight.  School has already been cancelled for tomorrow. Then we get cold.

Laura-I've heard that Lucas county in Ohio has a snow emergency out where people will be ticketed if driving and it's not an emergency!

We joined the Rec Center for the 100 Days of Wellness program again.  This year they have many more class times offered so I expect to be busy with Yoga, Butts & Guts, Women on Weights, Zumba and Pilates classes here and there.  Aside.. I gave DD money for pilates classes but when she opened her gift it was a pie and gift card for Starbucks then a note saying "in case you didn't mean pie and lattes..." with the gift card on other side.  LOL  Although younger DD did NOT appreciate the humor of gift card to MacDonald's and a book from Barnes and Nobles (she had grand illusions of getting a Mac Book although she knew it wasn't going to be reality).  She's since forgiven me and laughed about it. But, to be safe I am watching my back. And not to have you think I'm awful she did get many other real gifts.

Lisa

SugarLand

Good day everyone hope you are having a fantastic day it was cold again this morning during my recovery run of 8 miles my legs were so heavy thought I would never finish. i guess I will take down the Christmas trees today boy didn't the holidays just fly by - it will start raining ☔️today then a front will come through will be 28 degrees Monday morning brr ⛄️ Everyone be safe with all bad weather predicted BBL

Good afternoon! Ran 12.5 with DH this morning in very non-wintery conditions (pic of DH running on bluffs, below). Watching 49ers-Packers game now. Now THAT looks cold!

Tessa, I bet the hummingbirds are enjoying your "winter".

LC, sorry you'll be running indoors this upcoming week.  Hope BF's drive went smoothly.

Carol, is the hip improving?

CrazySue, a good weekend of running for you!

Marjorie, great to see that your miles are getting back up there.

Lisa, I've never run in snow but would love to try!  Looks so pretty in your pic.

Hi SugarLand.  Yes, the holidays went by too quickly.  

This upcoming week is going to be busy at work, boo.  Will check in when I can!  Have a great week everyone.

http://images1.snapfish.com/232323232%7Ffp93232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv4525%3Dot%3E2328%3D%3A%3B%3B%3D938%3DXROQDF%3E277%3A968487249ot1lsi

4/14/24 Napa Valley 50k, Calistoga, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Gatsby-Love, love, love running in the snow.... as long as it's above 10 degrees.

Lisa