Womens Running

Monday again? Dailies (Read 20 times)

ginnyb

Diane, as a woman who has never had the problem of not feeling like eating, I have no ideas for you.  I am sure someone here will though.

Karen...good news on the puppy and housebreaking!  That is a big hurdle.  Sorry you are grumpy.

Sandy...I didn't know you were in Boston.  Sorry about the piriformis pain.  Don't think mine is perineal tendon as it is on the inside of my ankle, but might give the chiro a try, I go anyway.

Damaris...glad about no migraine.

Kat....good luck with the job.

Well my ankle does feel a little better, but I still can't put much weight on it.  Feels better if I walk on my heel or the outside of my foot.  Have no idea...... I should have stayed home today, but we are so short handed I couldn't.  I have been icing and that helps too.  It is just so strange how it appeared so suddenly

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

What a crazy busy day! We have an event going on tomorrow and it just has been a cluster getting everything together. Plus, Mammel is on his high horse today and micro-managing like CRAZYYYYYYY. Ugh!! Had to talk myself out of quitting several times. Oh well, if he wants to micro-manage so bad..I will just sit here and online shop!

Docket – Sorry about the sleep! I always have a hard time sleeping on Sundays. Good luck with the bosses and the miles later!

Karen – Geez, potty training that pup seemed to be easy! I hope I didn’t jinx it. Is it rest day for you today? Good luck on running back to Sandy’s – I will be in her car drinking coffee. LOL.

Sandy – Have a great time on the bus tour today! I hope you are having an awesome time. Just think…you would be working right now Smile I am sorry about the pain. Maybe a good foam roll when you get home? I thought about you this morning because I strangely got some pain in my glute/hamstring this morning during my run. Never had that before! I am always here, silly Smile Can’t wait to see you in less than 2 weeks!!

Judy – Lots of activity this weekend for you as usual Smile Cooler weather? Lucky you!

Susan – Glad you had a great time last weekend! Oh, I am sure those 6 pounds will come right back off by the end of this week. You are probably right – salt! Very true about the carterer. My moms paying – so I have to wait for her to make the move. I keep pushing her!

Kathryn – Good luck on the call – which is done by now. How did it go!? I probably would take the job offer, too. You could always look for something else while working there!

Tessa – Nice miles this morning. Aw, Lota and his snuggles. Oh yes, my mom has probably been dreaming about this for years. Sigh. I just have to stand my ground. Hard to do with her sometimes.

Diane – Hmm…I would maybe go in and see WHY you don’t have an appetite. That’s odd. Especially with your miles. You should be hungry! I will say that sometimes I get really nauseous during a run and don’t want to take in fuel. I have to force it down. Cathy has a good idea with the liquid calories.

Cathy – Get out of here with your awesome weather Smile Mittens?! WHAT!!!  Ugh. Trade? Nice miles over the weekend! Glad you had a good time with DD! I have the same problem with eating too much Smile

Ginny – Strange on the foot! I hope it feels better and goes away just as suddenly as it came!

Kilmisters - Enjoy your day off!!

Abs tonight and then salmon for dinner. Yum!!! Have a good afternoon everyone!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Arimathea

Tessa

Cathy, alpaca farm? Susan will be there with the shears!

Diane, is there anything that sounds appealing? I could not stomach Jolly Ranchers or similar hard candies during a race, but I can do fruit, especially citrus or melon. Potato chips are also easy on the stomach and have plenty of salt in them.

And honestly sometimes I don't eat at all during a long run or race -- but I'[m hauling plenty of fuel around already.

Susan, you've seen where I live. Hilly is not a new thing!

Ginny, hope the foot feels better tomorrow. If it feels better if you are walking on the outside of the shoe I am wondering if you have a bruise you can't pinpoint.

Meeting at 1 PM. So no run. I am getting to the point where I am thinking about bringing a washcloth and towel and doing a sink bath after running outside, rather than trying to get to the gym. I did spend an hour on the treadmill desk this morning but the maximum that goes is 2 mph. Yawn.

Kilmisters

Damaris, sure, you can have it, I am already tired of all the media coverage. Hoping all went well w the bosses.

Sandy, ouch... Better to have the DNF now than in Richmond. Whenever DH has a DNF, his next race is always huge success (sample size of three cases over the last decade, but still...). It's like an algorithm. A weak cheer-up from my side, I know Smile

Lizzie, doesn't mammel always micro-manage? Is he just trying to stay up-do-date w stuff too much or adjusts your decisions as well? My boss does the opposite 99% of the time - you're there on your own and she barely knows what you are doing. Sort of "freedom", but causes lots of stupid situations. Not sure what is better.

Cathy, we got some snow today, so mittens, yeah, that will be a must soon. But this is so much better than those unbearably hot summer runs, huh? Smile

8.7mi today. 50 degrees. Wind. Pouring rain (as it always happens, started at the furthest and windiest point of the loop, because, of course, it did). Well, at least I got the miles in and listened to short sports podcasts on NHL trades, Caster Semenya controversy and Serena Williams scandat at US Open (awful, btw). It took three huge cups of tea and pile of blankets to get warm after that run, tho. Spring is here...

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

''Who needs quads anyway!?'' (c) Damaris

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

FINALLY got a call back just now - 4:30pm.  I had left a message at 9:30am.  We are meeting tomorrow at 11am.  It is just to see the facility and meet a few people.  Then another time we will do a working interview.  I will want 2-3 days to get a good feel for it even though I will take the job unless they lowball me.  Plus I am a nervous wreck at new places and struggle a bit at first.

There goes my longer "run" tomorrow.   Hopefully Wednesday the rain will be light as predicted.

Hi to all.

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

Seloc

Ginny - oops my bad. You’re right - peroneal is outside, tibialis is inside. Must study my anatomy haha. In any case, glad it’s feeling better!!

Cathy - nice running this weekend!  Snds like the girls had fun with each parent. I’d have gone with Alpacas myself lol Weather has been almost glove worthy here as well.

Elina - snow???!!!!!!!!!  Now that makes me want to cry. Thanks for the cheer-up with very scientific analytics. Hoping it works for me, too!!

Damaris - I keep forgetting to comment to you how much you have been cracking me up lately with the red haired poodle comments!!  Hahahahaha

Oh gosh - my memory stinks and gramma is beat. Out in the chilly wind all day is tiring!  Booty feels better today but I didn’t run. Only walked - 8mi according to my phone. Half day here tmrw then home.  Have a good night!!

Half Crazy K 2.0

7 on the treadmill. Did some faster stuff for variety.

Arimathea, definitely agree the laminate looks better than carpet. The carpet DH pulled up was there when we bought the house. So it's at least 18 years old, and quite possibly older.

Seloc, sounds like the right decision to call the Uber.