Womens Running

Wondering Wednesday (Over 40) (Read 17 times)

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Wondering if this storm will gobble up Ohio.

Post.

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Tuesday I did 35 minutes again on the track, but this time a little faster once I had a good warmup. I’m trying to be good about doing a sufficient warmup.

Today will be a cardio workout at home. Weather is supposed to be awful starting later this morning. We shall see.

Happy runs, All!  :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

camille2

Good morning, Judy and all to follow.

It was really nice again yesterday so I walked outside. I need to take today off and it'll be easy-winds and rain. today.

Karen, it's great that your office is recognizing your talent. Good luck on presenting.  On the trails here...there are some really nice ones, but they are a bit of a drive away.  The ones in my development are quite pretty but super short but OK for rehab.

Lisa, how is your knee coming along?

Tessa, I'm still thinking of you.

Hi to everyone else. My mom had an allergic reaction and I need to go earlier than usual.

Anonymous Guest

Morning all!

Rest day here for me. Yesterday's 12 kicked my butt. Everything hurt at some point or another on the run. If the weather wasn't so awesome I would have cut it short. Wind and rain today, so like Camille, I'm going to rest.

So I'm trying to decide on a fall marathon. I've been pretty sure it was going to be Clarence DeMar in Keene, NH, but that might be a bad weekend for me - our Fall Meeting is the week before and so is DH and my 20th anniversary. So I'll be tired from the meeting and we might want to do something besides running and cycling races for our anniversary. Has anyone done Erie? It's September 14, supposedly flat and fast. Since I'm easing up on my Boston goals, I want a course where I could break 3:30. Weather could be a factor since it's September, but I'm thinking if it's really hot, since it's September I would have time to try again someplace like Indy or the marathon on the rail trail north of Baltimore (both in November). Or even Baltimore in October, which I won a free entry for. Does anyone want to do Erie? It's right on the lake, one loop for the half and 2 for the full. 6 hour drive for me, which isn't bad. Looks like 4-6 hours from various spots in Michigan, 2 hours from Cleveland. And flat. Did I mention flat? And I just looked at registration - $40 for the half and $50 for the full if you register by June 1. Cheap!

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

ginnyb

Karen....I might d0 Erie ...but I would do the Half....I do have a half that next weekend too though...let me think a bit

At least it isn't November!   That better be the last time I have to say that this year!!  Snowing so hard I can't see across the street, yesterday was 63!

Did 6 miles this morning with my DVD.

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Good Morning!  Group power class + 3 miles easy on the tm.

Not much going on here

Wink

camille2

Karen, does he Erie half sell out? Does the  Baltimore half sell out?  I'm really hoping I can do a half in the fall, despite my little reality check discharge session from PT.   Both would be new states for me, but Erie might be too early.

Ginny, 63 to snowing? Sounds like GA weather. I always wondered why my folks were so into the weather, but if you don't ck it here, you can be seriously inappropriately dressed.  In Fairbanks, we always knew it would be cold or colder-simple to dress for. May spring flowers come your way soon!

Anonymous Guest

So I just talked to my boss, and she wants to send me to this three-day meeting facilitation class ahead of schedule because she thinks I'm ready for it and I would get a lot out of it. But the one they are doing in this area is the Tuesday-Thursday after Boston. The rest are either in Boston or Denver, and since she wants to do it early, it's not in the budget, so was hoping I could go locally and save flight and hotel costs. I really want to take the class, but I don't think I can make it work, especially with my parents flying in to Boston and not leaving until Tuesday afternoon. They haven't spent a lot of time in big cities, and I don't feel like I can leave them to take the T or a cab to the airport. Plus I'd have to drive back after the race on Monday or convince DH to drive back on Tuesday and fly back myself. Chances of him agreeing to stay with my parents while I fly out early from an event for me - exceedingly slim! I guess I'll just have to work on being even more awesome to justify the travel expense to go to a class in another location!

Camille, this year they are capping Erie at 1,250 total (full and half), because I guess it keeps getting more popular. So it could sell out. Baltimore - the full has never sold out, the half may have a time or two, but not until really close to the race. Or maybe not at all. If you do Baltimore, you're more than welcome to stay with me! I like the Baltimore half because they start it at like 10 in the morning so you're not trying to get there at 0-dark-thirty. Neither are new states for me, but as my goals seem to change all the time, I guess that's okay (last year's goal - 50 states by age 50! this year's goal - sub-3:30! next year's goal - who knows????).

Ginny, one of DH's relative's posted the weather map for your area on facebook. Enough! When we move to Texas (and it may be 2016, not 2015 now), you have first dibs on a guest room for the worst of the Ohio weather!

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

4.1. Didn't have as much time today.   Electrician here this am to fix stuff but it was under warranty and then I had calls for work

had hoa meeting last night. Not on the board any more. Thank goodness. They will have a time, though. The guy the new people elected as president is bad. They will figure it out. He has a year left on his term. He is not organized and forgets stuff.

Camille le hope your mom is ok

karen sounds like they are giving you more to do.

Ginny id id send you our weather if I could.

Marjorie

Arimathea

Tessa

Wondering where all this STUFF came from. I have been working on the garage nearly all day. Trash can is full, both recycling bins are full, and we have a pile of bags that I intend to, ahem, distribute into other trash cans with room in them tomorrow morning.

6.5 this morning in gusty winds.

Karen, there's always Santa Clarita...flat and first week in November.

Hi Judy, Camille, Marjorie, Ginny, Susan!

ginnyb

This was the worst storm we have had in years!  I thought it would never stop snowing.  So many roads closed, numerous accidents, 40 car pile-up on the turnpike near us...2 people died and a state trooper in serious condition.  My poor son, the police officer ,has had to be out in this crap all day, said it was unbelievable!  This winter just will not die!!!!!   Please, please let this be the last of it, I have a terrible feeling it isn't over yet......

I watched the Cleveland Indians play baseball in Arizona this afternoon, helped with my mood.  Somewhere there is sun and warm weather.

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15