Womens Running

Merry Monday DIVAS (Read 14 times)

SassySparky

OWR - We bottomed out last night leaving a parking lot,and heard a big bang and then the car was really loud driving home from the concert. I took it in to the mechanic this morning, and they called D about it. Apparently the underside was all rusted and D said "the converter plate" needs to be replaced. He isn't sure if he heard them correctly. I should have had them call me, D never pays attention to what they say and then just tells them to fix things. Which is fine, I just get annoyed because I feel like I'd at least like to call my Dad (who was a mechanic) and ask him if he thinks things are a fair price.

Also I'm doubly annoyed with D now. I told him before we pulled out of the parking lot that we were going to bottom out, but he didn't fix his direction. Then he just doesn't pay attention with the mechanic to tell me what is actually wrong with the car.

Edited - I went over his head and called the mechanic and asked them to explain the problem to me. So I feel better now, because it is a major issue. We basically ripped the exhaust system apart, tearing it off of the catalytic converter and so that and a few other pieces need to be replaced.

I'll be running my first full, the Richmond Marathon on November 16, 2013!

LucyBelle

Hello hello!

RR: Ran 3.2 yesterday, need to do some sort of upper body and core ST today.

NRR: Very productive weekend. Spent all day Saturday getting wedding stuff taken care of and then had dinner at my parent's house. Yesterday we cleaned and organized the apartment a bit more and then had pizza and beer (hard cider for me) and played board games.

RLTW: I'm not bummed you'll be in NY on 8/10 if it's for the reason I think it is...Joking

RunLikeTheWind23

RLTW: I'm not bummed you'll be in NY on 8/10 if it's for the reason I think it is...Joking

TOTALLY stoked for the weekend!!!!!!!!!!! Smile Smile Smile and the wedding invitations are THE CUTEST thing I've EVER seen! The response card is adorable!

SassySparky

Lucy - can you post pics of the invitations on the FB group?

LucyBelle

Sassy: Sure!! I will have to do it later this week since I left them at my parent's house and I don't have a good picture!

outwestrunner

taylor - I know, I thought the same thing! Oh well.. I will think of you when I run along the lake front. Smile

Sassy - Hmm yeah I think I would have done the same thing (call the mechanic). Call it Type A or controlling or whatever negative slant you want, but I prefer to think of it as being informed.

NorCal

Morning ladies!

RR. Over the weekend... Sunday I did 10.75 miles on a really technical trail at 6,000-7,500 feet elevation. Ouch! So much fun though! Friday and Sunday was about 5-6 miles of hiking each day. Today, no running, but probably a hike or something with L, plus need to get back to my squats/planks/crunches challenge.

NRR. Had a super awesome weekend in the mountains! We normally do our backpacking trips solo, but it was so nice to have 2 other couples. Lots of laughter, swimming, hiking, running, eating, etc. So fun!

Off work today, just doing some business stuff, and preparing for the week, plus dropping my car off for repairs from the car wash incident.

Humboldt Redwoods Half Marathon 10.20.2013 

Tiburon by the Bay Half Marathon 11.3.2013 (My Birthday!) 

Napa Valley Full Marathon 3.2.2013

PRs: 

Half: 1:48

Full: 4:34

SassySparky

DEFINITELY!

taylor - I know, I thought the same thing! Oh well.. I will think of you when I run along the lake front. Smile

Sassy - Hmm yeah I think I would have done the same thing (call the mechanic). Call it Type A or controlling or whatever negative slant you want, but I prefer to think of it as being informed.

lizo_77

MEL: Way to go on the triathlon! yay for a great birthday dinner and presents!

sassy: sounds like you were totally energetic over the weekend! way to go on your runs! boo about the car issues!

outwest: sounds like you had a great run! amen sister about work being "over" after this deadline! lol.

monk: boo on the not enough sleep over the weekend! hope you can make some of it up!

taylor: sending you love right back! have a good day and good luck with the stuff you have to do!

lizo_77

lucy: yay for productivity for you and wedding planning!

norcal: glad you had a great weekend of backpacking! sounds like a lot of miles!

LucyBelle

Sassy: I lied and I do have a picture on my phone. I'll post it on FB shortly!

MA runner girl

TOTALLY stoked for the weekend!!!!!!!!!!! Smile Smile Smile and the wedding invitations are THE CUTEST thing I've EVER seen! The response card is adorable!

+1 to all of this! Big grin

And lucy - I totally had a freak out moment to RLTW because I thought I spilled the beans. PHEW.

PRs: 5k - 21:22, half marathon - 1:39:43, marathon - 3:37:16

LucyBelle

MArunner: LOL. Well my sister tried to sorta keep it a surprise but then she was like, I had to ask about certain things to make sure you liked them...she assures me there will still be surprises, though. Eek! I can't wait!

MA runner girl

Sassy - I'm so sorry about the car troubles! I would be super frustrated too since you even told Big D it was going to happen! I'm so thankful my DH is a car guy so I don't have to think about those things.

OMG I am SOOOO hungry ladies. I think the mileage + BFing is getting to me. I've been eating every hour and I'm still RAVENOUS. I even had 2 lunches and I feel like I haven't eaten all day!!!

PRs: 5k - 21:22, half marathon - 1:39:43, marathon - 3:37:16

gsdrunner

Very Late Post...

RR: NOthing over the weekend, but did the remaining yard work. Today was 5 (2 miles at 834) I wasn't sure I could run that pace since I haven't really been pushing my running.

NRR: getting organized to leave this week for ME and more hiking. We have a few trails planned. I am sure my father will have some good hiking trips for us too. Not sure how long we will stay this time but definitely a min. of 2.5 weeks. Its not worth the travel up if we dont stay long. At least we will miss the summer in VA which is great bc we haven't replaced the HVAC system yet. WE figured we would wait until the end of the summer when prices drop. Smile

Gotta run!